The medical side of the program...

Posted: 12 years ago
I just saw the repeat episode where Niddhi was in OT. Was it me or was that operation shorter then handing over painkillers? =P

I know the program focuses on the love between two people with an age difference but when ever the show does portray hospital life I hope they do it more realistically. 

For example even the intro for the interns wasn't all that great. I am sure they would be offered to see the hospital first but instead they were thrown a file and told to read it. I know it's a fictional show but how long does it take for Dr Mallika to say "Here are the notes for an emergency patient. After observing the surgery in OT, all of you will be taken around the hospital."

I don't know, I think I am being picky but these tiny details really give a proper feel of how life is at the hospitals, especially for knew anxious nterns.

Would love to read what everyone here thinks about this.

Mitesh
Yeah it does seem like they aren't going to pay much attention to the medical side of the show...it seems to be just a backdrop. I wonder if we'll ever see a show on Indian TV which will get the details of the medical profession right. Seems like a hopeless cause...cuz apparently the TRP audience will get bored by such technicalities. 
well i agree with u...i also think the medical side is not being shown properly...but i still think that it was better in comparison to some of the earlier medical based shows...atleast they are showing some serious work going on in the hospital rather than the love story only...
come on yaar they cant show whole of 2 to 5 hours opertion naa πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† phir toh we can complain ki they dont show when they eat,when they sleep πŸ˜†its just that they are using hospital n doctor thing as backdrop..its not the main theme..the show is a love story more than a medical show πŸ˜›
I thought it was better showed than some earlier shows like DMG
I mean the show's humour and everything but  the hosptal and its movements was a joke.
This, they are showing it better.
Not realistic but better.
I have learned that if it is a indian medical drama do not focus at all on the medical side of the program. See they did not even get the fact right there is no All-India exam for passing a medical college and I guess they started there own medical colleges which required all medical students to take the exam to pass medical college so you never know they discovered a quick way to do operations as well. 🀣 It is just that they have decided not to tell anyone. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Expecting them to get the medical side of the program right will be stupidity on my part. Hence, I have decided to forget about the medical side of the program and just focus on the characters and their relationships.
Edited by Keva - 12 years ago
lets be honest here, if they had showed a longer operation we would've all been complaining about how that was a waste of time.  if they had paid more attention to introducing the interns we would've said it was boring.

though i do agree they could pay more attention to the technicalities that one member had mentioned about the exam.

I agree that we can't expect to see much of the medical side in this show...And not only in this show but in no Indian TV show have they ever shown the proper medical side.

But in comparison to other shows at least they seem to be having an intention of including certain medical practices and instances instead of concentrating on only the luv stories of doctors-interns or doctors-doctors.

However they could get expert advice on the medical related aspects of the show...Then their show will truly become top-notch in all aspects. But barring that it is a very good show so far.
The initial episodes of "Sanjeevani" and "Dhadkan" that I have seen was better than other shows.
kTLG did get some technicalieties right. The OT was ok. Not like Greys Anatomy, but better. They showed the docs scrubbing!!! WHich is quite credible πŸ˜†

Right.. it seems from what you everyone is saying, the show is more technical then previous medical shows. I haven't seen shows like DMG so I can't make a comparison.

I do agree with everyone here that time limits how much can be shown.. but the point I was making is it can be shown realistically.. like with the operation Ashutosh could have said, "Mallika could you stitch the incision whilst I head to my office with the interns."

..but at the end of the day it's an Indian soap and will never be 100%. No point trying to drill in the medical side as the audience is not correct and it will clearly reflect with poor TRPs.