Discussion of the Week - Neville - Page 5

Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by sugar plum

there are bound to be MORE revelations about neville...
but one question: y did voldy go after harry personally and only send his goons after neville??? i suppose the answer to this IS given somewhere in either ootp or Hbp... but i might've forgotten...
someone help me out!

here's my answer to my own question:

ok... remember... snape was the informer wasn't he??? now i'm pretty sure he knew that both harry's and neville's parents fit the prophecy's bill... as in... both had survived voldy's attacks THRICE...

but as we ALL know, snape had begun his INFAMOUS vendetta against james pottter way back at hogwarts... and he probably wanted to use voldy's wrath to get rid of the potters as well as the kiddo... of course, he didn't CARE about the baby, he wanted to make sure his work got done as well... and maybe that's why he brought only the POTTERS to voldy's attention...

but obviously, the inner circle of elite death eaters like bella and gang also knew of this prophecy... voldy might've told them... and then they might've decided to go finish off the longbottoms JUST IN CASE...

what say?😕

Edited by sugar plum - 18 years ago
swati that is possible
but im not sure, i think the main reason y the DEs went after the longbottoms was to extract some info out of them on voldy. but mayb there is can be another motive of them going after the longbottoms...
Originally posted by j y o t i

swati that is possible
but im not sure, i think the main reason y the DEs went after the longbottoms was to extract some info out of them on voldy. but mayb there is can be another motive of them going after the longbottoms...

ok.. i dunno and i didn't understand a few thing 😕
yeah... you are right jyoti... the DE's went toi the longbottom's home after voldy disappeared didn't they...
not with the motive of killing the kid?
by why was neville overlooked so... 😕
Originally posted by sugar plum

yeah... you are right jyoti... the DE's went toi the longbottom's home after voldy disappeared didn't they...
not with the motive of killing the kid?
by why was neville overlooked so... 😕

ok i didn't understand.. plz explain me guys 😕
Originally posted by goth princess

me either

hey guyz we two...

me = head of pagal kana
 harooj = my frend.. a head two..

both os us didn't understand.. explain us yaar.. or we'll go even more mader 😆 😆 😆
for the pagal khana 😆 😉

k all i meant was that wen the death eaters went after nevilles parents, it was becasue they did not want to get to neville to kill him just to make sure that he was not the chosen one instead of harry. i sed that i think that the death eaters only went after neville's parents because they wanted to find out if they knew if voldy was alive. and if he was (which they pretty much were sure of) they wanted to kno where voldy was too...so the death eaters attacked neville's parents cuz they were arurs and may have sum info on voldy's where abouts.

hope that cleared it up guys 😊

Originally posted by daniel_4ever

hey guyz we two...

me = head of pagal kana
 harooj = my frend.. a head two..

both os us didn't understand.. explain us yaar.. or we'll go even more mader 😆 😆 😆

hey people,

there is no need to get excited......

I'll try to explain why Voldy overlooked Neville......

We have seen from Dumby's explainations that Voldy never took the most trodden path to do his things.... he always wanted to do things differently.... I'm sure you'll agree on this...... rite.

Now when Snape told him of the Prophecy and its contents.... Snape had two choices on his hands, ......

1. On One Hand was Neville Longbottom the Pureblood who's family had a history of great and distingushed Aurors......

2. On the Second Hand was Harry Potter the Half-blood who's family ancestry was no that exciting but his parents too had ful-filled the criterion set by the Prophecy.

Now the question that arises here is why did Voldy to chose to go after the Potters rather than the Longbottoms..... I say rather think of it this way, it might help you decipher the cruncher.......

"Why Did he go after the Half-blood rather than the Pure-Blood.

BANG ON!!!!  thatz the only reason why......

Didn't get it.... arre baba he thought that the Half-blood just like him would pose more of a threat to him, than the Pure-blood....

So now you see why did he go after the Potters personally rather than the Longbottoms.

regards,

tejas......😳😉😛

now i understand, thanx a lot tejas 😃
hey.. yay!!!!

i understood... thanks to tejas and jyoti