Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 1:58am | IP Logged

Hii All,

Seems I missed some portions of DB...and watched only from the time Suraj was pressing his parents legs...and My instant thought ..yeh lo ji, Modern day ka Shravan Kumar milgaya hai humein, but this imagery was successfully truncated by Bhabha/osa who selfishly, blissfully,uncaringly slept !! ...Arrey,,Nayi Dulha hai, ghar main nayi dulhan aayi hai.. kuch pal unnki taraf dyan  diya hotha ya yaad kiya hothi...par nahi !!..The Cv's were so intent on portraying Shravan Kumar that they forgot that Shravan Kumar's parents were equally caring too !! I understand that it was done to establish Suraj's goodness, his sense of duty, his commitments/priority...but haven't we been getting it from Day 1 of his entry ..Time to show his other facets, CV's...

Also loved the playing of Diyaaa in the BG  whenever he moves further away from Sandhya..that was quite a clever suggestion  by the director ...

The covering of the quilt cliche ...

Also loved the concern of Ankitha ..and her jotting down recipes for Sandhya...

Which woman sleeps with all her jewelry on ??

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

anupamgpeachesandcreamnayhajAmor.b2011shaffapollypolly_mahi_TivoRose_PetalHi_Friendsarshi_karishDreamygal301The_Other_WomanChillMaarYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shravan & Selfish Parents !!" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

b2011

Coolbie

b2011

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged

The pressing of legs was OTT.  They could have shown them talking something regarding taking meds, giving hot milk, don't worry or something like that LOL.

Sleeping in bridal dress was somehow reasoned but I am missing some relatives again...do not know about North India but in south, no one sends their daughter alone to in-laws house first time, some relatives or brother or sister will be sent with the bride.

Ankitha is the best bhabhi within such a short period of time.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

peachesandcreamrosha.aRose_PetalHi_Friendsarshi_karishChillMaarYaartanthya

shaffa

Goldie

shaffa

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya

Hii All,

Seems I missed some portions of DB...and watched only from the time Suraj was pressing his parents legs...and My instant thought ..yeh lo ji, Modern day ka Shravan Kumar milgaya hai humein, but this imagery was successfully truncated by Bhabha/osa who selfishly, blissfully,uncaringly slept !! ...Arrey,,Nayi Dulha hai, ghar main nayi dulhan aayi hai.. kuch pal unnki taraf dyan  diya hotha ya yaad kiya hothi...par nahi !!..The Cv's were so intent on portraying Shravan Kumar that they forgot that Shravan Kumar's parents were equally caring too !! I understand that it was done to establish Suraj's goodness, his sense of duty, his commitments/priority...but haven't we been getting it from Day 1 of his entry ..Time to show his other facets, CV's...

Also loved the playing of Diyaaa in the BG  whenever he moves further away from Sandhya..that was quite a clever suggestion  by the director ...

The covering of the quilt cliche ...

Also loved the concern of Ankitha ..and her jotting down recipes for Sandhya...

Which woman sleeps with all her jewelry on ??

I agree with you show Suraj as golden boy is getting a bit to sickly...he just got married and puts his mum and dad 1st...and every one sleeps on the floor dont they have anymore bedrooms????and are all bedrooms on the ground floor... only Surajs upstairs and then he goes and sleeps next to his brother and leaves the poor girl on her own...she has no one in her life now only him...and yet he puts her second...

Edited by shaffa - 05 October 2011 at 3:18am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

peachesandcreamb2011pollypolly_mahi_bewafaHi_Friendsarshi_karishChillMaarYaar

Dreamygal301

IF-Sizzlerz

Dreamygal301

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 3:17am | IP Logged
I did feel very sorry for Sandhya, what a indifferent reaction from everyone...yes, bhabo could have spent time with her new DIL, insisted that they have the bedroom and etc but this is true oto her character - that she remains first and foremost in Suraj's thought, any consideration shown to her is her due!

I liked Sehrish (Chavi) for helping Sandya but her earlier comment about 'getting american perfume froom bhabi' most likely played a part in her show of concern!!OuchLOL...

But I  guess the show is showing that this is what Sandyha's life will be like from now on, she is no longer a daughter but a daughter in law and therefore other consideration takes place over her...just one word of advice to her, she needs to first establish an emotional bond with Surag before asking about continuing her education because no matter how he loves the idea of having a wife and someone else to take care of the truth is if she asks him now he will think of his mother and say no! whereas if Sandhya and him have a bond of emotion, mutual respect and care he will very carefully think about her request and perhaps even help her achieve it!!

But great stuff, as a writer I was so impressed with the unexpected twist, that really made you wonder what on earth is going to happen next - believe me bestseller's are created like that!!

And yeah, Sathya, I too wondered how Sandy could sleep with all the jewellery, heavy sari, makeup and so on!!!LOLLOL

Edited by Dreamygal301 - 05 October 2011 at 3:18am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

peachesandcreamb2011shaffaTivoHi_Friendsarshi_karishChillMaarYaar

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by b2011

The pressing of legs was OTT.  They could have shown them talking something regarding taking meds, giving hot milk, don't worry or something like that LOL.

Sleeping in bridal dress was somehow reasoned but I am missing some relatives again...do not know about North India but in south, no one sends their daughter alone to in-laws house first time, some relatives or brother or sister will be sent with the bride.

Ankitha is the best bhabhi within such a short period of time.

I would not have minded the leg pressing had there been an acknowledgement and consideration shown by at least Bhabhosa.. she has always shown her appreciation to her son..but her y'days act of taking it as her due... was quite out of sync.. there definitely was no need to show the sweetish nature of  Suraj, WE KNOW that and we are in danger of getting diabetes bec of that...

Sleeping in bridal dress is acceptable  but wearing all that heavy jewellry and Bhabho not even telling Sandhya to change in her room !!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

peachesandcreamb2011arshi_karish

poppy2009

IF-Rockerz

poppy2009

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Suraj, I am sorry to say, is irritating the hell out of me!Ouch

So alright, he is a change from the atypical Alpha male hero, but Suraj is also another extreme in his sweetness and complying nature!

And in some way, quite selfish also! He readily abandoned his new bride and went to his parents, without once thinking, that a young, new bride was probably clueless and scared to death in this madhouse!

Showing someone to be dutiful and caring is one thing, but Suraj is way too exaggerated in his care and concern for his parents!

Atleast, they could balance this Shravan Kumar tendency by showing him being smart and cutting with the rest of his family, but he seems to be such a walk-over! No one except Chaturi respects him! And a person (even if its a fictional character) who cannot command respect, can hardly be likeable!

I was feeling quite sorry for Sandhya though! The actress is finally getting it right! Her expressions and body language in yesterdays' episode were spot-on!

PS : Considering that she was given a Jhadoo on her arrival and then plopped in the middle of the living room on her wedding night, Sandhya probably felt that she was lucky enough to get to sleep, even if it was wearing her wedding attire!LOL

Edited by poppy2009 - 05 October 2011 at 7:43am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PrasRaspeachesandcreamb2011pollypollybewafaChillMaarYaar

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poppy2009

Suraj, I am sorry to say, is irritating the hell out of me!Ouch

So alright, he is a change from the atypical Alpha male hero, but Suraj is also another extreme in his sweetness and complying nature!

And in some way, quite selfish also! He readily abandoned his new bride and went to his parents, without once thinking, that a young, new bride was probably clueless and scared to death in this madhouse!

Showing someone to be dutiful and caring is one thing, but Suraj is way too exaggerated in his care and concern for his parents!

Atleast, they could balance this Shravan Kumar tendency by showing him being smart and cutting with the rest of his family, but he seems to be such a walk-over! No one except Chaturi respects him! And a person (even if its a fictional character) who cannot command respect, can hardly be likeable!

I was feeling quite sorry for Sandhya though! The actress is finally getting it right! Her expressions and body language in yesterdays' episode were spot-on!

PS : Considering that she was given a Jhadoo on her arrival and then plopped in the middle of the living room on her wedding night, Sandhya probably felt that she was lucky enough to get to sleep, even if it was wearing her wedding attire!LOL

Hiii Poppy,

welcome Back !!

How was the trip ??

Completely agree with u !!  The  extreme sweetness  is highly irking but I also think they are showing such extreme  to double the feeling of betrayal or to show how difficult/strong it  was for Suraj to over ride his parents and support his wife in her dreams...

But I certainly could do with less sweetness..

I know, her reaction when she  splashes the cold water on her face  must have been another wake up call ...Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011arshi_karish

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
i DITTO with POPPY,. 

I said it in other thread, this i am pressing my parents like is not OTT, its tooo much of OOOTTT 

why dont he do things to sandhya by himself ????/

why always ask Chaturi to do it ... 

Mujhae itna Sweetness bardash nahin horaha 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011arshi_karish

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.