Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I understood Karan pushing Gaurav away. Because Gaurav came there with the intent to break things off. While he wasn't expecting Karan to agree to it and fight the decision, Gaurav went there planning to break things off.  Though I don't think he had prepared himself for it. Especially an instance when Karan let him go.  That's harder in a way.

I believe had Karan fought, Gaurav wouldn't have been able to leave. But the thing is, it constantly leaves Karan in the weaker position. He was the one always fighting, always trying to convince Gaurav, pleading, etc etc.

That gets tiring.  And by that time, he didn't have the energy required for all of that.  And it's also unequal.  (And also on top of that Karan understood Gaurav's reasoning.)

While Karan always harboured the hope that Gaurav might change his mind, he wasn't going to actively fight for it.  Again Vidya sets up a meeting between them. Karan gets his hopes up, thinks Gaurav/Vidya have come to some understanding.

He goes there and what happens happens.  Again he never actively fights for Gaurav there.  He puts it in Gaurav's hands.  And once Gaurav makes that decision...again...that's the final straw for Karan, who says he'll neither forgive Gaurav nor Vidya, who though with best intentions ended up making him look like a fool and worse got his hopes up only to have them dashed.

There's only so much he can take.  In a way it needs to be this way with Gaurav doing the chasing and convincing. A problem I have is that they showed Karan in such a bad shape.  Well, at least he's gotten better now. It probably would've been better if he had channelled all of that into his art. He would've been shown as a stronger person. 
Likarsh that makes sense,every sentence is significant.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Aww, thank you for the high compliment, Rits. ðŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: likarsh

Aww, thank you for the high compliment, Rits. ðŸ˜ƒ

chalo dont get senti now😉
starzzzz thumbnail
I completely agree with you as well Likarish.. you are right! Gaurav needs to go after Karan and chase him now.. it will make his feelings for Karan stronger.. wish Karan was not on drugs.. he seems to be a little better but that could be a phase.. .once he is high he will be back on the bottom low.. Karan should've focussed on his art.. but this is what writers wanted i guess.. no matter what i loved the fact that Gaurav came out to his brother today.. that was simply amazing!! very well written and acted... i know how hard it is to come out to ur family.. been there... so hats off to the writers for that...
_notinuse_ thumbnail
It's sort of unexpected of Indian television but I think this is the best portrayal of a same-sex relationship on any show (including American/Canadian) It's realistic and shown beautifully. I can emphatize with the characters, their agony, their fears. The actors playing those two men are doing a wonderful job. It is commendable for a show with an audience from a conservative country to tackle such a controversial topic. I'm glad they didn't take the easy route and go with every stereotype assosiated with gay men.

On a another note, there's one thing I don't quite get. Wasn't Karan okay with the breakup and even agreed to it? Then why is he binging on alcohol and drugs? I get he must be devastated but I got the impression that it was a mutual decision. Yeah Karan loved Gaurav, and he is jilted but I don't get how it can be justified that he's angry at him. They both thought it was for the best so I don't get the grudge.
KhatamKahani thumbnail

Originally posted by: PandorasBox

It's sort of unexpected of Indian television but I think this is the best portrayal of a same-sex relationship on any show (including American/Canadian) It's realistic and shown beautifully. I can emphatize with the characters, their agony, their fears. The actors playing those two men are doing a wonderful job. It is commendable for a show with an audience from a conservative country to tackle such a controversial topic. I'm glad they didn't take the easy route and go with every stereotype assosiated with gay men.

YES!!!! I've said this a few times here and there on the forum as well.  

Karan was upset from the time he broke up with Gaurav. He was angry at his mother and left the house. And he was moping around the hotel room.  I think what got to him was that last time he got his hopes up, only to have them dashed.

I don't necessarily think he was okay with the break up.  He didn't want the break up. Had Gaurav not decided on it, he wouldn't have called for it.  He was just tired.  He was already arguing with this mother over it. And he really didn't want to fight for his relationship with Gaurav either.

However, i do think they made a mistake by making Karan so weak.  Because he was strong enough to have let Gaurav walk away, and tell him to go.  And he was even strong enough to have walked away that other time.  I think the writers just didn't know how to go about this.  If I were writing, I wouldn't have shown Karan in such a state. I would've loved to see him focus on his art. 

Oh, well.

Originally posted by: likarsh

However, i do think they made a mistake by making Karan so weak.  Because he was strong enough to have let Gaurav walk away, and tell him to go.  And he was even strong enough to have walked away that other time.  I think the writers just didn't know how to go about this.  If I were writing, I wouldn't have shown Karan in such a state. I would've loved to see him focus on his art. 

Oh, well.

There you said it.This is where I felt the vacuum and hence I asked the question and I guess same goes for Pandora.

Likarsh I am in owe of your writing.R u and Jaya (bheegibasanti) twins?😉
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Rits, last time I thanked you, you told me not to get sentimental.  So this time I won't.  ðŸ˜†

Oh, and I'm off to sleep now. 
Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago
PABWECG thumbnail
What a terrific episode. So glad that Guarav came out to his brother - huge step. And while I'm glad (and can understand) Karan isn't making things easy for him, you could see in his eyes that he still loves Guarav.

I also am very impressed by the way this show is handling the story. It is very relationship focused, instead of being over focused on plots that are contrived, like on most soaps. I find myself very drawn in, and have a difficult time really hating any of the characters, because they are each multi-dimensional - they are each weak and strong, good and bad, etc.