*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 11:19am | IP Logged
'KATCHHI PENCIL' GIRL IN 'YEH ISHQ NAHIN'

By Naresh Kumar

An Encounter

click for larger view
Vorina Malik is a former Miss Delhi who has also traveled a long journey from modeling to ad films to music videos to reel acting, but is different from others in the industry inasmuch as she vows not to expose herself for the sake of winning film offers or wooing the audience. This pretty girl has completed her first movie 'Yeh Ishq Nahin', which is being made by no less than famous filmmaker Muzaffar Ali's son Rushdie Hassan.

Her casting in 'Yeh Ishq Nahin' in itself is a sign of her talent besides her beauty. So, she claims, she need not exploit her body for gaining a position in the industry. She feels lucky throughout her versatile life. She got a launch offer from a reputed production house, and has already won acclaim for her music videos and ramp shows even without a godfather in the industry.

Vorina says that her first movie has a Muslim background, where she plays Neha's character that has many shades. She is happy with the break, and is confident of faring well. However, her fate depends on the response to her 'Yeh Ishq Nahin'at the ticket window.

Excerpts of her tete-tete:

What's your plan?

I am serious about my career. Though I belong to a business family. I want to do challenging roles of different kinds in films. I wish to do films based on family dramas. Only good movies help an artist to survive for long in Bollywood.

Are you prepared to follow the modern trend of skin shows?

No, I shall never expose myself just to get offers and be on headlines of newspapers. I am sure that one could succeed and attract the audience if one possesses talent.

How did you enter films?

First, I was chosen Miss Delhi in 1993. Then I acted as a model in several ad films. I have also cut music videos, and done ramp shows.

What are your music videos?

Yes, I have done a few music videos, but my music album 'Katchhi Pencil' is quite popular, and two famous Pakistani singers -Akram Rahi and Naseebo Bano -have sung songs in it. Besides, the Vorina ramp show was widely appreciated by the audience.

What's the story of your debut movie?

The story of 'Yeh Ishq Nahin' revolves around three boys and one girl. I play Neha's character opposite a new actor Saif in it.

Do you consider this movie a good launch pad for you?

Yes, this movie belongs to the production house of Muzaffar Ali. I consider it a great opportunity to be associated with such a famous production house for my first assignment.

Do you have another offer on hand?

Yes, I have already got some offers. However, I am waiting for the response to my debut. At present, I am busy in modeling.

Do you have any Godfather in the industry?

No, I don't have any. I am lucky that I have got offers within such a short time.

rouble Senior Member
rouble
rouble

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 11:52am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top