India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

Disha and DK tug of hearts (Page 2)

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 04 March 2005 at 6:51pm | IP Logged

The whole point in so many shows is that they love each other, yet can't get together, for so many ridiculous reasons. The show is built on that premise, and therefore ends once the couple finally get together (and the audience is thoroughly annoyed). It would be nice to have a show about a couple that does get together and stay together, despite everything, without the show ending. What would it be about, then? The ups and downs of married life? Those shows are usually comedies, right?  I do not recall ever seeing a drama with an inseperable couple as the central characters, perhaps it is time to blaze a new trail...

-DKaddict

Edited by dkaddict - 04 March 2005 at 8:30pm

bluejalpari Goldie
bluejalpari
bluejalpari

Posted: 04 March 2005 at 8:08pm | IP Logged

Hey thats not true......

There can a be clean show about a couple  who are inseparable without having an entire second generation......

C'ommon..most of us are happily married and life keeps happening doesnt it? U dont divorce  and seprate people jsut to keep life interesting...and there can be a clean story about two different people who have suffered in diff ways coming together to give each other support..having common problems that every other couple have...but the basic foundation being that they love each other unconditionally.What they can show is not only unision of Disha and DK..but also together they can probably help the nice people like vedant and rano to find thier luck and love in life..and see the end of gargi, anil, sukanya and the lot. Just because a couple is in love...they wont have similar perceptions so as any ordinary couple they will continue to have thier differences and solving them.

I definitely dont agree that to make good stories either u have to create divorces and seprations or create huge second and third generations...im sure if Disha or DK find any other romantic interest this serial will die ..

Bluefish

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 04 March 2005 at 8:28pm | IP Logged

I did not say it was not possible, I was simply saying how, til now, I haven't seen such a thing. I really would like to, though. I believe it would be a whole new kind of show- but if anyone has seen such a show as described by Bluefish, then please do tell, for I would like to check it out. Since I've not seen such a creature, I was trying to imagine just what it would look like....

I, for one, am getting quite tired of the same 'ol serial nonsense of a plethora of divorces, babies, murders, etc. I certainly agree that real life can be quite enthralling- else why would they make movies about real people's lives? You know, the biographical ones......

-DKaddict

aasmaan Senior Member
aasmaan
aasmaan

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 9:31am | IP Logged

What would these serials be about ....I am wondering too .. and will be as hooked to them as we are to TD ?

I don't think its a good idea to keep the serials open ended .. ( drag them till the TRP is nearly 0) . When someone writes a story there is always a purpose and a concept. I think they stick to it and end the serial.

I had seen some pakistani serials back in India and what I liked about them was that they never drag the serials( at least that's how it felt). I had read it somewhere that they shoot the entire serial before releasing them on TV.. man they were so good.

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 10:42am | IP Logged

That sound like a good idea- finishing before releasing. That way, they don't get tempted to drag it forever if its popular, thereby ruining it. I bet they had well-defined plot lines with all the parts being relevant to each other and forming a cohesive, meaningful story, too. Imagine that!

Then they could learn from one serial to the next what works and what doesn't. When they try to adjust as they go, it can become like too many cooks in the kitchen, spoiling the sabji...

-DKaddict

Edited by dkaddict - 07 March 2005 at 10:46am
krazee_gurl Goldie
krazee_gurl
krazee_gurl

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dkaddict

The whole point in so many shows is that they love each other, yet can't get together, for so many ridiculous reasons. The show is built on that premise, and therefore ends once the couple finally get together (and the audience is thoroughly annoyed). It would be nice to have a show about a couple that does get together and stay together, despite everything, without the show ending. What would it be about, then? The ups and downs of married life? Those shows are usually comedies, right?  I do not recall ever seeing a drama with an inseperable couple as the central characters, perhaps it is time to blaze a new trail...

-DKaddict

like a serial based on the movie "Chalte Chalte", *(that was one of my favorite movies.)

bluejalpari Goldie
bluejalpari
bluejalpari

Posted: 08 March 2005 at 8:10am | IP Logged

Hi...I was talking about  stories like Abhimaan, Sparsh or as u said chalte chalte or saathiya for that matter where the story weaves are the relationship between two people , thier egos, thier love etc more than having 10000 other characters in the story and keeping the main leads inseparable..

OF course these are movies which end in 3 hrs...to make a serial run for 300 episodes im sure they have to add a lot of masala in otherwise as DK addict sayd they will become biographies or art movies... I hope the creative writers find some interesting plot and keep them together...

bluefish

Go to top