Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

KTLK - DK ! Tribute to old classic (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

Binge

IF-Rockerz

Binge

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
You're absolutely right. Angie's role is almost like that of a parallel lead and her problem is something that most of the youngsters could identify with... even today!  It just amazes me how things are still relatable considering the fact that DK was a show  written almost 2 decades ago! And the actor playing that role should have had that cuteness and naivety like how the one playing in DK had struck us in the first episode itself. 

The camaraderie that she shares with Nidhi should look more friendly but this one looks like her younger sister. Ouch

I was slightly disappointed even with Nidhi's father's characterization. Zoya's father was so hilarious and his one-liners were worth a mention. Big smile Hence we could feel his distress laterSmile... Nidhi's father is caricatured and we have seen such characterization in many shows on TV now. 

These were the 2 characters I was so curiously awaiting to see them adapted in Indian version. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dancingdoll

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KTLK - DK ! Tribute to old classic (Page 3)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dancingdoll

IF-Sizzlerz

Dancingdoll

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mehek25

DD u have echoed my sentiments.
I too have watched DK and that too only very recently on you tube.
KTLK is a very good adaptation of DK. I agree that they have chosen very similar characters to DK.
MB I am sure will come at par with Rahat Kazmi. As for Kritika coming at par with Marina Khan only time will determine that. Marina Khan was outstanding as Dr Zoya.

Ur last two lines were awesome...am reproducing them below...
"It has many parallels to DK but the script seemed like giving a tribute to the old classic and NOT a cheap copy paste!!"

I 100% agree with these lines dear...

Mehek,

Read Kamlesh's interview...you would know that he has spoken our mind...and these few episodes are direct reflection of his thought process!!

Dancingdoll

IF-Sizzlerz

Dancingdoll

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shreya-

You're absolutely right. Angie's role is almost like that of a parallel lead and her problem is something that most of the youngsters could identify with... even today!  It just amazes me how things are still relatable considering the fact that DK was a show  written almost 2 decades ago! And the actor playing that role should have had that cuteness and naivety like how the one playing in DK had struck us in the first episode itself. 

The camaraderie that she shares with Nidhi should look more friendly but this one looks like her younger sister. Ouch

I was slightly disappointed even with Nidhi's father's characterization. Zoya's father was so hilarious and his one-liners were worth a mention. Big smile Hence we could feel his distress laterSmile... Nidhi's father is caricatured and we have seen such characterization in many shows on TV now. 

These were the 2 characters I was so curiously awaiting to see them adapted in Indian version. Smile

Totally and completely with you...
Even if I have to adopt Angie's new characterization, I would have to start fresh, loosen my memories of DK Angie and accept this new character...

But Nidhi's father...Well, it started off well and I thought, he was going to nip the b**t at the right spot...The character seemed as if he had a hold of the scene, he was just starting to be hilarious, he started he roller coaster ride and suddenly by end of the scene, I fell flat...It wasnt an abrupt fall but not a joy ride...His lines need to be reviewed and made more funny...the actor is doing a good job and reflects a lot of the DK but the dislogues need improvement...I am sure things would get better in few episodes..

Binge

Keva

Goldie

Keva

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

[Nikita] Haha! I am an ardent RK fan and hence, wouldnt say tht there isnt any male character in the Indian TV Arena. I just wish he would reduce a little! LOLLOL...But yes, MB is again giving me the Darcy/Ahmer hope! Wink...But yeah, I for some reason didnt find the episode rushed or need to fwd any scene (probabaly just the intro of the servant). Were you by any chance expectign a slow start like DK's?

Yes I was expecting a slow start like DK. I just did not feel bad for Dr. A like I did for Dr. Ahmer in DK when I found out he did not get the house he lived in with his adopted father but the second episode was good. Dr. A is fabulous. It will take time for the characters to build up but I am really looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

Dancingdoll

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.