Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

KTLK - DK ! Tribute to old classic (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Dancingdoll

IF-Sizzlerz

Dancingdoll

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by monaya_MS

Totally agree with u.I feel nanji's father and monish looks similar to DK cast..Rahat kazmi ,i cannot forget he made DK to high level i hope even monish will do the same.

Yes as u said we cannot compare kritika with Zoya .Her acting skill, remarkable in DK.Since i have seen DK many number of times i cannot forget marina khan(Zoya)stlye of acting.Kritika can do justice to Zoya only time will tell.By seeing yesterdaay's epi kritika is not coming near to Zoya.The way Zoya's walking style and the way she express when her resulte were out OMG .Fantastic.

In DK there was no male  servant in zoya's house  here lil change they have made.

On the whole as u said i liked only monish and anji's acting was good.

This is truely my POV.

Yeah...Kritika seems to have potential to carve a niche...Lets see how her character develops...She even needs some more punches in the script foe her to give Zoya effect!! Zoya's dialogues were also punchful in the scene where she gets to know her result...So,Lets see...

and yeah, the servant is an added plus although, there was nothing really in his intro scene...

Hmm...On Anji, If I have to accept a different characterization of Anji, a more innocent and silly version, than I guess this character's acting was good!

Edited by Dancingdoll - 04 October 2011 at 12:18am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KTLK - DK ! Tribute to old classic (Page 2)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dancingdoll

IF-Sizzlerz

Dancingdoll

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mausam-

I compltly agree and being a pakistani Myself i just felt proud reading the credits yes DK was before iw as even born but i have seen it so many times thanks to the reruns and i love it & m so happy kritz & MB didn;t killed marina's or Rahat's chracter they are the APT choice they have that maturity(MB) and chulbula pan(krits)

and if i m not wrong the bua in DK was durdana butt she's a class apart but this bua did full justice to the role too

m waiting to see who's gonna play sajid hassan's role 

I felt Bua give the right punches to potray durdana's character...Although durdana was v loud and that went well with her character but I think Bua will do just fine!

Oh!! Am I waiting to see the parallel to Sajid Hussain? This man has to have the knack of comedy...He has to be someone who speaks, looks, behaves, eats and breaths comedy!! His very sight shld send us to splits!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

coolguy3

Keva

Goldie

Keva

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Wow glad you liked it. I did not like the first episode. I was expecting more MB and his dad's scenes coz I liked them in DK and I can understand DD why you felt the need to forward during those scenes in DK coz I am assuming you found them to be too slow but I actually always enjoyed the interactions they showed between Dr. Ahmer and his dad in DK. It just helped to establish why he disliked zoya so much. I just hope they develop Dr. A and his dad's relationship nicely so that it can eventually justify his hatred/dislike for Nidhi.

Nidhi's character I can't comment much on that coz I really did find her annoying and ended up forwarding some of her scenes. I just felt the editing was not good it just cut through scenes quickly and not finishing the previous scene nicely. I just wanted to watch MB actually and he is the reason to watch the show. Seriously there is no male character right now on Indian television that interests me and my hopes are only on MB aka Dr. A. Day Dreaming

Oh well lets see what they have to offer in the next episodes. It definitely has me on the edge too and yes even though I thought the first episode wasn't what I was expecting I am eagerly waiting for the next episodes.

btw DD you need to change your signature box tinypic does not work any longer. LOL

Edited by Keva - 04 October 2011 at 12:43am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

coolguy3Nimmi.

Baingan

IF-Sizzlerz

Baingan

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Dancing doll sorry i don't know u r name i want to correct in my post not anji but anji's father and monish bhel is the best.Now who will be Dr. Irfan he was so jovial type.I did not liked this anji i liked DK ka anji.May be since i have seen the original so difficult to accept these new faces.

I am having CD of DK .though i am Indian i loved this classic and also many more pak  serials i have seen.all the srials r clean and neat no hugging type. 

Zoya ,Ahmed,anji,irfan.and zoya and anji's parents above all zoya's maid all of them  has done wondeful job.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

coolguy3Keva

shamil

IF-Sizzlerz

shamil

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 1:13am | IP Logged
dd, vishal malhotra will be playing the Indian version of Dr.Irfan

Edited by shamil - 04 October 2011 at 1:16am

Dancingdoll

Dancingdoll

IF-Sizzlerz

Dancingdoll

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Keva

Wow glad you liked it. I did not like the first episode. I was expecting more MB and his dad's scenes coz I liked them in DK and I can understand DD why you felt the need to forward during those scenes in DK coz I am assuming you found them to be too slow but I actually always enjoyed the interactions they showed between Dr. Ahmer and his dad in DK. It just helped to establish why he disliked zoya so much. I just hope they develop Dr. A and his dad's relationship nicely so that it can eventually justify his hatred/dislike for Nidhi.
[Nikita] You are right Keva, except for the socks scene, I forwarded all their scenes from 2nd time onwards...I mean, I watched it the 1st time. So, if people who havent watched DK, do not feel that Ashutosh's hatred is justified than the script would need more A-Dad's scenes. I might be OK with it because I already know the pain...But keeping DK aside, I felt Ashutosh's pain because of MB's exceptional acting skills...I saw it in his eyes...His gesture! I did feel that he is very connected to this house because he has spent his childhood there, and was brought up in that house...Probabaly what might not have come out is that the house is not just a memory of his childhood but also the man who got him home!

Nidhi's character I can't comment much on that coz I really did find her annoying and ended up forwarding some of her scenes. I just felt the editing was not good it just cut through scenes quickly and not finishing the previous scene nicely. I just wanted to watch MB actually and he is the reason to watch the show. Seriously there is no male character right now on Indian television that interests me and my hopes are only on MB aka Dr. A. Day Dreaming
[Nikita] Haha! I am an ardent RK fan and hence, wouldnt say tht there isnt any male character in the Indian TV Arena. I just wish he would reduce a little! LOLLOL...But yes, MB is again giving me the Darcy/Ahmer hope! Wink...But yeah, I for some reason didnt find the episode rushed or need to fwd any scene (probabaly just the intro of the servant). Were you by any chance expectign a slow start like DK's?

Oh well lets see what they have to offer in the next episodes. It definitely has me on the edge too and yes even though I thought the first episode wasn't what I was expecting I am eagerly waiting for the next episodes.
[Nikita] Me too!!

btw DD you need to change your signature box tinypic does not work any longer. LOL
[Nikita] I know...Not getting a chance...I lost some of my most precious siggies...my LTL awards and my Damonnn! Cry

Keva

Dancingdoll

IF-Sizzlerz

Dancingdoll

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by monaya_MS

Dancing doll sorry i don't know u r name i want to correct in my post not anji but anji's father and monish bhel is the best.Now who will be Dr. Irfan he was so jovial type.I did not liked this anji i liked DK ka anji.May be since i have seen the original so difficult to accept these new faces.

I am having CD of DK .though i am Indian i loved this classic and also many more pak  serials i have seen.all the srials r clean and neat no hugging type. 

Zoya ,Ahmed,anji,irfan.and zoya and anji's parents above all zoya's maid all of them  has done wondeful job.

Mona, where did you get DK's CD from? I just cant find it...I am in US and I dont wanna ship it from Pak!! I am also an Indian and I watched this show when I was in indian in 1987...Have been in awe of it since then!!

I wnder what's gng on in Rahat, Marina, Haseena and Sajid's mind right now on this adaptation!!

Edited by Dancingdoll - 04 October 2011 at 10:49am

Mehek25

IF-Rockerz

Mehek25

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
DD u have echoed my sentiments.
I too have watched DK and that too only very recently on you tube.
KTLK is a very good adaptation of DK. I agree that they have chosen very similar characters to DK.
MB I am sure will come at par with Rahat Kazmi. As for Kritika coming at par with Marina Khan only time will determine that. Marina Khan was outstanding as Dr Zoya.

Ur last two lines were awesome...am reproducing them below...
"It has many parallels to DK but the script seemed like giving a tribute to the old classic and NOT a cheap copy paste!!"

I 100% agree with these lines dear...

Dancingdoll

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.