Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Dancingdoll

IF-Sizzlerz

Dancingdoll

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Hey Guys,

I finally saw the first episode and the verdict is - I LIKE it, (LIKE, in CAPS) Smile...I dont want to kill the joy with the overanalysis of the episode because this episode doesnt deserve to be killed. It was very pleasing. I found 80% of the show, straight lift from DK, be it the features of the characters, Dialogues, Instances, Circumstances, or even the name -Anji.

Do I like the fact that the writer played safe - I would actually give him a round of applause for showing the true spirit of what is termed as "Based on the Adaptation of...". He is making our generation re-live the 1986 days by not loosing the essence of the characterization. (I will not comment on the script because that would be too soon a post mortem).

I loved MB as Dr. Ashutosh and he totally justified Ahmer today. I felt his pain and hence, I give him full marks. Unlike many, I actually liked the fact that the interaction between Ashutosh and his Baba was kept at minimum, enough for us to feel what MB was going through and yet not make us yawn! (I would seriously forward Ahmer and Baba's scenes in DK)

Kritika was way above average. She is giving her best to the role and seems very promising. I am looking forward to feel Zoya!! I just wish her intro was a little more impactful and notorious than this as was the case in DK!

Nidhi's father was well picked again from the features perspective and is trying hard to justify the DK days and I am quiet happy.

Nidhi's BUA - A+...Totally justified the DK Character.

Now, coming to Anji, she was my only disappointment. Anji in DK is matured in a funny way. This is the only character whose sketch seemed different from the Anji in DK. If the writer wants to make a difference, then I would have to loosen memories of DK to accept the new characterization.

Anji's father looked lot like the character in DK, from the physical feature perpective but I would give him more time to get a grip on the character.

No Comments on Anji's mom.

The music didnt pinch me then I guess I was ok with it.

In all, the show has got me on my edge and I am very much looking forward for the story to begin. It has many parallels to DK but the script seemed like giving a tribute to the old classic and NOT a cheap copy paste!!

Excited,
DD

PS: All those, who have been asking me for my comment, I am sorry, couldnt post earlier. saw the episode, but got busy at work.

Edited by Dancingdoll - 03 October 2011 at 7:30pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Debrayshrutireddygr8Nimmi.-Swetha-Kevajustpratimozart66manjha-MariaMars-pari_15BingeapknfjholMehek25Dew-dropBaingansomergasm.nadaanmasakalli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KTLK - DK ! Tribute to old classic" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

manjha

IF-Rockerz

manjha

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
Nice Post (: 
I havent really seen DK and I was going to find it on YT or something but then I felt it might ruin the excitement of the show for me! The concept and story just captured my heart so quickly especially the title song too! I can't wait for more of this show! As for acting, they all are fabulous! Kritz is at her best! She is going to shine like never before and MB is fantastic as always! Cannot wait for more KTLK (:

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dancingdoll

_sana.Magic_

IF-Rockerz

_sana.Magic_

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
I havent seen DK but after reading your post I guess mostly they have stuck to the version and is trule a remake which in a way is good coz the essence of the show is retained. Anji even I don't have much to say. Nidhi a.k.a. kritika rocked she was awesome and her dialogue delivery rocks. Her dad is really nice, understanding and supportive and all the characters fit in the exact places.

Baingan

IF-Sizzlerz

Baingan

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

Hey Guys,

I finally saw the first episode and the verdict is - I LIKE it, (LIKE, in CAPS) Smile...I dont want to kill the joy with the overanalysis of the episode because this episode doesnt deserve to be killed. It was very pleasing. I found 80% of the show, straight lift from DK, be it the features of the characters, Dialogues, Instances, Circumstances, or even the name -Anji.

Do I like the fact that the writer played safe - I would actually give him a round of applause for showing the true spirit of what is termed as "Based on the Adaptation of...". He is making our generation re-live the 1986 days by not loosing the essence of the characterization. (I will not comment on the script because that would be too soon a post mortem).

I loved MB as Dr. Ashutosh and he totally justified Ahmer today. I felt his pain and hence, I give him full marks. Unlike many, I actually liked the fact that the interaction between Ashutosh and his Baba was kept at minimum, enough for us to feel what MB was going through and yet not make us yawn! (I would seriously forward Ahmer and Baba's scenes in DK)

Kritika was way above average. She is giving her best to the role and seems very promising. I am looking forward to feel Zoya!! I just wish her intro was a little more impactful and notorious than this as was the case in DK!

Nidhi's father was well picked again from the features perspective and is trying hard to justify the DK days and I am quiet happy.

Nidhi's BUA - A+...Totally justified the DK Character.

Now, coming to Anji, she was my only disappointment. Anji in DK is matured in a funny way. This is the only character whose sketch seemed different from the Anji in DK. If the writer wants to make a difference, then I would have to loosen memories of DK to accept the new characterization.

Anji's father looked lot like the character in DK, from the physical feature perpective but I would give him more time to get a grip on the character.

No Comments on Anji's mom.

The music didnt pinch me then I guess I was ok with it.

In all, the show has got me on my edge and I am very much looking forward for the story to begin. It has many parallels to DK but the script seemed like giving a tribute to the old classic and NOT a cheap copy paste!!

Excited,
DD

PS: All those, who have been asking me for my comment, I am sorry, couldnt post earlier. saw the episode, but got busy at work.
Totally agree with u.I feel nanji's father and monish looks similar to DK cast..Rahat kazmi ,i cannot forget he made DK to high level i hope even monish will do the same.

Yes as u said we cannot compare kritika with Zoya .Her acting skill, remarkable in DK.Since i have seen DK many number of times i cannot forget marina khan(Zoya)stlye of acting.Kritika can do justice to Zoya only time will tell.By seeing yesterdaay's epi kritika is not coming near to Zoya.The way Zoya's walking style and the way she express when her resulte were out OMG .Fantastic.

In DK there was no male  servant in zoya's house  here lil change they have made.

On the whole as u said i liked only monish and anji's acting was good.

This is truely my POV.

Edited by monaya_MS - 03 October 2011 at 10:53pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

coolguy3Dancingdoll

Dancingdoll

IF-Sizzlerz

Dancingdoll

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jen_IloveAR

Nice Post (: 
I havent really seen DK and I was going to find it on YT or something but then I felt it might ruin the excitement of the show for me! The concept and story just captured my heart so quickly especially the title song too! I can't wait for more of this show! As for acting, they all are fabulous! Kritz is at her best! She is going to shine like never before and MB is fantastic as always! Cannot wait for more KTLK (:

I wanted to hear a version of someone who has no clue of DK because I might be boased at lot many levels...I might look for my fav characters from DK...but you have assured me that this episdoe did justice to the original DK...If you felt MB's pain then I wasnt biased there! Tongue

Dancingdoll

IF-Sizzlerz

Dancingdoll

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _sana.Magic_

I havent seen DK but after reading your post I guess mostly they have stuck to the version and is trule a remake which in a way is good coz the essence of the show is retained. Anji even I don't have much to say. Nidhi a.k.a. kritika rocked she was awesome and her dialogue delivery rocks. Her dad is really nice, understanding and supportive and all the characters fit in the exact places.

I dont know how they would take the script in future becasue obviously they would need lot many scenes and dialogues to continue a daily soap Vs a 13 episode show...
But They have started it as a tribute to DK!! and It was a smart and beautiful copy/tribute and hence, I am now more confident of the writer...Long way to go before we really decide on the show!

nadaanmasakalli

IF-Achieverz

nadaanmasakalli

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:15am | IP Logged
I compltly agree and being a pakistani Myself i just felt proud reading the credits yes DK was before iw as even born but i have seen it so many times thanks to the reruns and i love it & m so happy kritz & MB didn;t killed marina's or Rahat's chracter they are the APT choice they have that maturity(MB) and chulbula pan(krits)

and if i m not wrong the bua in DK was azra sherwani she's a class apart but this bua did full justice to the role too

and anji's father was the late wyne sir i think so in this the look is closer let's see how the acting is
m waiting to see who's gonna play sajid hassan's role 

Edited by -Mausam- - 04 October 2011 at 12:20am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

coolguy3-MariaMars-Dancingdoll

nadaanmasakalli

IF-Achieverz

nadaanmasakalli

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
sorry double post 

Edited by -Mausam- - 04 October 2011 at 12:18am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.