Diya Aur Baati Hum

DABH BAD PRESS REVIEWS - Page 3

Angelbud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: vcoolwater

The true test if show could build an audiance.  Don't fogot the show debut while KBC was on Sony.  So how do you know no one is watching it?  The trps increased and tied with Navya and Just Dance. Plus it up against Pravita Rishta.

It might go up and it might go down.  Other shows start off well, but crashed in the trps. That why the ygot pulled. You can says about previous shows in the time slots - they off well but lost TRP's as the show progressed.

If that was the case then shows like DOR that had an excellent rating for over five months wouldn't have been axed!  Its actually about the cost of the show anyway!  DABH cost a lot less to make and it has the benefit of contractual relationships with new advertisers and product placement that was only recently implemented!  Hence the black "P" t CGI that is shown!

Therefore DABH pays for its self!  So regardless of the fact that we are all subjected to lower quality programming the network still make the money!  The previous shows did not have the benefit of the new product placement deals and therefore were axed!

Believe me the broadcasters are caring less and less about the ratings as product placement makes more than commercials anyway!  If a show has a million viewers or five million the rates for PP are the same and that's the law governing it!

So there's a little education about what goes on in the business world of broadcasters!  I know this as I an an actor and its part of my own contracts to know about these issues!

Friends Now?😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vcoolwater thumbnail

DOR trps weren't very good. It has trps of 1.58 just a little while back.  In fact DABH has better trps than DOR.  If you think DABH is a flop?  What does that make DOR?  It has worst TRP's than DABH. So it would make the show a flop too.

Angelbud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vcoolwater

DOR trps weren't very good. It has trps of 1.58 just a little while back.  In fact DABH has better trps than DOR.  If you think DABH is a flop?  What does that make DOR?  It has worst TRP's than DABH. So it would make the show a flop too.

I suggest you re read my post and think about the facts!
chulbuli88 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Angelbud

Oh so just because people are new we are expected to overlook minimal characterisations when their are thousands of actresses out there that could do better!  You claim that "many girls end up this way" yet you just accept that as if no one has any personal choice in the matter!  That's not rational or reality based is it when we live in a world where rights are balanced as equal!

If the show is highlighting such misfortune and suppression then i suppose people will talk about it!  Further to this if the actress/actor playing these roles clearly lacks the justice that such oppressed individuals deserve then this is nothing more that shameful!

Im afreai playing this card wont wash with individuals that are usto decent shows that all of the others are on starplus!  I would very accurately point out that this show is indeed lackng in so many elements unlike any other show on the network!  For example the editing at the moment leaves people wondering what on earth the director intends!  Scenes are not finished off and irrelevant aspects of the set are in full view!

Sorry but I don't agree with the points you pose and suggest that if you don't understand how these kind of productions are developed then please think a bit more about your resolve! 😳

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE GIVE IT A REST AND GET A LIFE!! ITS JUST AN ENTERTAINMENT! JUST A SERIAL LIKE OTHERS... WHY ARGUE? CHILL...🥱 JUST LIKE U DO, EVEN I HAVE VALID POINTS TO SAY DABH IS DOING WELL... XPRESS UR OPINIONS BUT DONT ALWAYS HAVE A GO AT SUMONE'S...NOT EVRY1'S PERCEPTION IS THE SAME... SO RELAX!
bristi04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Angelbud

"DABH...NEEDS A TOTAL REVAMP RIGHT FROM PERFORMANCES TO SCREENPLAY...CURRENTLY THE BEST THING ABOUT THE SHOW IS THE TITLE TRACK" (indian times news paper quotation)

Oh dear, it looks like DABH as got some really awful press again!  Many of us on here have felt that this show did not live up to the previous 9pm shows and it seems like this press release from the indian times confirmed our feelings!  Its a pity!

DABH has gone down like a lead balloon I'm afraid!  We all gave the show a chance and watched it over and over again hopping that things would change!  For example the characterisations have been questioned from day one and people felt really cheated by the low standard of the interpersonal development and the sub text. 

Unfortunately that has resulted in one of the worst reviews of a new show on record!  I feel that things could have changed and indeed many of us pointed out that we were really hopping things would change and watched the show every day! 

Its a sad day for DABH!😭

It's true the story s going too slow but post wedding scenes r required as Sandi s getting chances to know sooraj .then whn she 'll come to know that he s not educated she 'll accept him openheartedly...remember SGP there were also we saw these types of scene...this s love story of a married couple ..but  little bit slow...hope it 'll pick up!

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Discussions regarding review of DABH from Indian Express can be carried out in the below thread.

TOI: Lots of hype, but where r the TRPs?

There has been lot of arguments/fights in this thread more than discussion. I would like members to go through the following thread-Rules & Final Warning For Everyone-MUST READ

Topic Closed

IF Dev Team

Edited by *Shruti* - 12 years ago