Diya Aur Baati Hum

TOI: Lots of hype, but where r the TRPs?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 2 Page 10

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:49pm | IP Logged

Lots of hype, but where are the TRPs?

TNN | Oct 4, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Diya Aur Baati
Many new shows have been launched in the past few months, but hardly any of them have clicked. Three new shows across different channels that were promoted in a very big way have failed to live up to audiences' expectations. 

Diya Aur BaatiDharam Patni and Chintu Chinky Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story seemed very promising, but the ratings tell a different story. So, what has gone wrong for these shows? Well, we think, Diya Aur Baati, a show with hardly any known faces, needs a total revamp, right from performances to screenplay. Currently the best thing about the show is the title track by Shubha Mudgal and Kailash Kher. 

Dharam Patni, starring Harshad Chopra and Aasiya Qazi, was tom-tommed as the channel's biggest show, but the one question everyone's asking is : where are the TRPs (television rating points)? Rajesh Kumar and Divyanka Tripathi were lucky to bag Chintu Chinky... despite their previous show Mrs Aur Mr Allahabadwale not doing that well. A lot of hopes were pinned on the couple and this comic serial, which didn't start on a great note. But then again, anything can happen on TV; there's still hope.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4uAmor.-Swetha-Angelbudarshi_karishleavesandwavesChillMaarYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Lots of hype, but where r the TRPs?" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

b2011

Coolbie

b2011

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.

I do not know about the other 2 shows but I could see DABH having positive feedbacks from allover and may take time to get more ratings.  The story has scope if it sticks to the main theme.

Edited by b2011 - 03 October 2011 at 1:06pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Amor.ssweety007monika_2691M1s5_5unsh1n3arshi_karishsarasingh86ChillMaarYaar

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Hmm. i agree DABH need little known faces... but i honestly wish they dont end up changing Leads as that would be really useless... 

rest of the other two , well no idea as i dont watch them 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011ssweety007

Angelbud

Goldie

Angelbud

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Lots of hype, but where are the TRPs?

TNN | Oct 4, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Diya Aur Baati
Many new shows have been launched in the past few months, but hardly any of them have clicked. Three new shows across different channels that were promoted in a very big way have failed to live up to audiences' expectations. 

Diya Aur BaatiDharam Patni and Chintu Chinky Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story seemed very promising, but the ratings tell a different story. So, what has gone wrong for these shows? Well, we think, Diya Aur Baati, a show with hardly any known faces, needs a total revamp, right from performances to screenplay. Currently the best thing about the show is the title track by Shubha Mudgal and Kailash Kher. 

Dharam Patni, starring Harshad Chopra and Aasiya Qazi, was tom-tommed as the channel's biggest show, but the one question everyone's asking is : where are the TRPs (television rating points)? Rajesh Kumar and Divyanka Tripathi were lucky to bag Chintu Chinky... despite their previous show Mrs Aur Mr Allahabadwale not doing that well. A lot of hopes were pinned on the couple and this comic serial, which didn't start on a great note. But then again, anything can happen on TV; there's still hope.

So the Indian times agrees with Angelbud then!!  What will all the people that have been bashing me for being honest about DABHs weakness do now?  I wonder?  WIll they protest against the millions of people that don't like the show and report them to the Mods!  What was the quote again:: "DABH...NEEDS A TOTAL REVAME RIGHT FROM PERFORMANCES TO SCREENPLAY...CURRENTLY THE BEST THING ABOUT THE SHOW IS THE TITLE TRACK"

Well now theres a surprise!! SORRY to say it guys but YOUR WRONG AND IM RIGHT Therefore!  Embarrassed

Angelbud

Goldie

Angelbud

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by b2011

Thanks for sharing.

I do not know about the other 2 shows but I could see DABH having positive feedbacks from allover and may take time to get more ratings.  The story has scope if it sticks to the main theme.

Well I'm not having positive feed back from anyone at all!  Most people came on to this forum initially just because of the theme song!  We all hoped that the show would be as good at that but alas it failed miserably!  People are not happy about being misled by it all! 

I come on here to try and find something to like about the show and to hopefully make you feel better about the show!  Its just a shame that its not working!  Oh well!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

leavesandwaves

Rose_Petal

IF-Dazzler

Rose_Petal

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Has it been a month already that these shows have been on for? I don't think Dabh and Dharampatni (not a clue about the others) have been given a chance yet because they are both just in the early stages...just starting to show how everything started and that is crucial to the plot. Maybe that's why they seem a little slow. And these aren't the typical romantic drama where the leads meet and make googly eyes at each other while the viewer's hearts melt and increase the hype. Such shows blast the trps at times but also fizzle out in a really bad way. Dabh and DP are telling a story and if people aren't watching then it's unfortunate but it's not time for everyone to fall in love with these just yet.

Edited by Rose_Petal - 03 October 2011 at 2:47pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

katiyab2011ssweety007monika_2691jwalamukhiarunima_LUITarshi_karishJaz1990ChillMaarYaar

jwalamukhi

IF-Dazzler

jwalamukhi

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
@angelbud

I am reading ur non-sense posts on this forum past few days...if u r not interested in show then just leave it and let us to stay here in peace...i don't know why mods are quiet and not taking any action against u even though u r hell bent on bashing the story, actors as u like..

if u r happy regarding TOI article then let me say...its just yellow journalism...They didn't even mention the name of person who wrote the article...the show just started...and slowly the story is gaining pace...As per latest TAM ratings the show has better trps...So keep ur gyan with urself and no need to give that to us...

Story, actors and the screen play of diya aur baati hum is really nice...much better than the show which was previously aired at this slot on star plus...

Iam sure...diya aur baati hum..is going to rock the trps in future...that will be the biggest surprise and shock for u...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

katiyab2011Amor.ssweety007monika_2691arshi_karishsarasingh86shumi.ChillMaarYaar

Angelbud

Goldie

Angelbud

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rose_Petal

Has it been a month already that these shows have been on for? I don't think Dabh and Dharampatni (not a clue about the others) have been given a chance yet because they are both just in the early stages...just starting to show how everything started and that is crucial to the plot. Maybe that's why they seem a little slow. And these aren't the typical romantic drama where the leads meet and make googly eyes at each other while the viewer's hearts melt and increase the hype. Such shows blast the trps at times but also fizzle out in a really bad way. Dabh and DP are telling a story and if people aren't watching then it's unfortunate but it's not time for everyone to fall in love with these just yet.

I wouldn't consider a month to be in the "early stages" of any show! Are we expected to wait and wait for someone to realize that the show is failing due to many factors that this article points out!  Why is it that you guys are so determined to make everyone like the show despite its lack of many of the usual quality's we expect of a program at 9pm? We are entitled to give constructive criticism much as the particular article above has done!

I have really given this show a chance!  I have listened to all the topics and have really been objective and realistic with what to expect from it!  But even when looking at shows that are not prime time DABH can not even measure up to them!

When you have poorly thought-out scripts and actresses that cant manage the roles then what do you expect people to say?  Why should we lie about the show just because it somehow goes against what a few people think on here?  Its obvious that their are only a small group of people that don't want to look deeper than the male characters wonderful smile, which is debatable anyway!  Or what a good husband he will make!  People want to see good performances at 9pm after a hard day working or studying!  Do we really want to have to watch something that is not up to scratch when their are great writers and actresses just waiting for a chance to shine! 

Its very unfair to be expected to not speak out about poor drama on Star Plus!  This article is just restoring the balance!

Edited by Angelbud - 03 October 2011 at 3:20pm

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.