Page 1 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 2 Page 10

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:31am | IP Logged
I've recently watched DK and that's still fresh in my mind but still I watched the first epi of KTLK with an open mind.

First things first...the beginning was JARRING...HORRIBLE choice of bg music for the flashback of Ashutosh's past...sounded like a an animal dying or something whatever was supposed to be the voice of a kid singing...and I found the scene a bit rushed...as if they were just cutting from frame to frame to quickly show Ashutosh's past without letting the audience FEEL his emotions or the depth of his attachment to the house and his baba...dialogues weren't that great either. MB is a great actor but I don't feel the production values are doing him much justice.

Secondly...Nidhi and family...not bad...some scenes are straight lifts from DK like Nidhi walking along the wall to get to Anji's house...the bulb outside Anji's dad's office...the actors cast are pretty similar features wise to the DK cast...

I liked the scene where Nidhi is trying to touch her dad's feet but he wouldn't let her...the dadi bua is kinda OTT...but then the original in DK was loud too...the father is nicely cast and his scenes with Nidhi are good too but again, I get a sense overall of rushing with the epi...they don't really let you soak in the characters and keep jumping from one to the next in quick succession.

Another flashback I found rushed was Ashutosh and the lawyer telling him the house has been bequeathed to someone else...and it was unnecessarily dramatic too with showing him ripping the curtainConfusedConfused...

Anji-Nidhi are sweet together...

The cook is a very random character.

Overall I feel they tried to stuff too much into the first episode and they need to fix the pacing...this isn't a weekly like DK was and they need to fix the flow of the epis...seems like too much is happening in one epi only. The backgrounds of the characters need to be established better.

So overall, I didn't like the bg music much barring the few bits where they played the 'kuch toh hai zaroor' portions of the title song...and the direction is poor...nothing very impressive...production values could have been better.

The following 36 member(s) liked the above post:

art80AnneShirleymiley cyrus--Minks--sweetfarieleniel83Armu4eva-Swetha-Kevaksgforever10justpratisaurisSiddu246Mru_beeachieverwithout-fathomminizzsensodyneSomerholicGirlchammak_challoBingechucklebuddynimrahMaz..SilentPrincessxxXSejalXxxMelodiousDreamsManasi_16natzLadyMcbethshamilyipeeDebolina.sajni786shibzepiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Patchy beginnning: First episode review" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shamil

IF-Sizzlerz

shamil

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:36am | IP Logged
anu Hug
nice to see u here!
the first para had me in splits LOL
I wud only say that perhaps they wanted the viewers to get a whole some idea of what is in store1
don't worry1 soon u may be complaining the plot is moving too slow! LOL
we know how these daily soaps are!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva-Swetha-DJ..yipeesajni786shibzAreYaar

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Anu.. WORD.. thats exactly what i wrote in another thread... BG.. was... omggg... shocking... Where did the subtleness of 'Saiyan' go?? Ermm . esp the starting ..!! 

Btw.. i think Kritz was bearable... and i think MB was a bit too much reserved.. very few lines.. n none as impactful as Dr. Ahmers.. but its early in the day so not gonna weigh on them much!!

I like the first twist.. already.. first impressions r not the best impressions..!! In short..the epi..was.. at best.. 'Comenci Comenca'.. tho Nidhi n her baba scenes were the best... esp her babas lines... 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-achieverchucklebuddyminizzyipeeAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shamil

anu Hug
nice to see u here!
the first para had me in splits LOL
I wud only say that perhaps they wanted the viewers to get a whole some idea of what is in store1
don't worry1 soon u may be complaining the plot is moving too slow! LOL
we know how these daily soaps are!

LOL heyy ShamilHug  Long time...nice to catch you here too :-)

Haha I was so thrown off by the bg music in the beginning that I was cringing big time...

I understand they want to give the viewers a broader picture but they could have unfolded their cards a bit more gradually...koi train toh chhoot nahin rahi thi...I feel character connect is important for a story like this.

lol but true they will probably slow down randomly at some point and start dragging pointlessly...the pathetic pacing of most daily soaps *rolls eyes*

My biggest grouse is with the Ashutosh scenes...MB is my main reason for watching this show and I was disappointed with how they either rushed his scenes or made them too melodramatic...there should be more THEHRAAV to his character...I was expecting some more subtlety and interesting silences.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva-Swetha-Kevachucklebuddyminizzshamil

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

My biggest grouse is with the Ashutosh scenes...MB is my main reason for watching this show and I was disappointed with how they either rushed his scenes or made them too melodramatic...there should be more THEHRAAV to his character...I was expecting some more subtlety and interesting silences.

POINT... Wht were MB's scenes Stern Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Anu.. WORD.. thats exactly what i wrote in another thread... BG.. was... omggg... shocking... Where did the subtleness of 'Saiyan' go?? Ermm . esp the starting ..!! 

Btw.. i think Kritz was bearable... and i think MB was a bit too much reserved.. very few lines.. n none as impactful as Dr. Ahmers.. but its early in the day so not gonna weigh on them much!!

I like the first twist.. already.. first impressions r not the best impressions..!! In short..the epi..was.. at best.. 'Comenci Comenca'.. tho Nidhi n her baba scenes were the best... esp her babas lines... 

Ditto, Tanu...I was expecting more impact from MB in the role of Ashutosh...Dr. Ahmer is iconic and yes it's hard to match up to what Rahat Kazmi did with that role but still I am expecting better presentation of Ashutosh's character atleast cuz MB is such a fine actor...I feel like the direction is very poor and is not doing justice to his talentConfused

But yeah hopefully things get better with time as everyone settles into their roles more...it's just that I feel that this basis of Ashutosh's attachment to his baba/the house is a very central plotline in the show as well and needs to be shown with more depth without rushing.

I also liked Nidhi's scenes with her baba the most in the epi...Kritika did a decent job and her father is nicely cast too.

And yes, the end with the accident had impact too...you could sense the chemistry.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

eleniel83Armu4eva-Swetha-

Binge

IF-Rockerz

Binge

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
I said the same thing in the other thread NureatLOL  Since I watched the series just a week back, scenes are still fresh in my memory. Infact, I felt I shouldn't have watched the original series. Tongue

And the accident scene was kinda similar to BALH meet between the leads.. How I wish they had directly shown Nidhi parking the car in Ashutosh's parking space and friction between them starts from there..Wink

Bg scores, the less said the better. Confused 

Since you have watched the original series recently, I take it that you get what I mean to say here.Smile Copy-pasting from what I said in the other thread. 

I cant decide the freshness about this show based on one episode.. so I will wait to draw a conclusion. I found the episode an average one.. the background scores could have been better... Since I watched DK just a week back, scenes are still fresh in my mind and my 2 fave characters from the series were Angie and Zoya's father. They have Angie here as the fashion designer so I wonder how she gets an entry into the hospitalErmm 

Zoya's father was so jovial and hilarious and I was eager to see who plays that.. the writer could have made her father along the  similar lines. Nevertheless, I should stop comparing otherwise I wont enjoy the show. SmileTongue

On a side note, dialogues mouthed by Alok Nath were nice. Star And the last scene where Nidhi leaves the home and sinks her new responsibility of that of a doctor was effectively done keeping the curiosity element for the coming episodes alive. Smile

Edited by shreya- - 03 October 2011 at 10:54am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Armu4evaDancingdollAreYaar

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shreya-

I said the same thing in the other thread NureatLOL  Since I watched the series just a week back, scenes are still fresh in my memory. Infact, I felt I shouldn't have watched the original series. Tongue

And the accident scene was kinda similar to BALH meet between the leads.. How I wish they had directly shown Nidhi parking the car in Ashutosh's parking space and friction between them starts from there..Wink

Bg scores, the less said the better. Confused 

Shreya in BALH the leads dun see each other... so as such.. bit of novelty there.. lolz..LOL

n wow..u watching KTLK too.. thats great.. Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Binge

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.