Tumhari Disha

India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

Ashish - Not quite the romantic! (Page 2)

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 5:34am | IP Logged

Awwww.....Ashish would have tears in his eyes after so much support pouring in for him! Yeah, I too feel lousy everytime I criticize him....but if one has to make an impartial judgement, there has to be criticism with praise, no one is perfect and Ashish is no exception!

Chhavi (Disha) for one is quite ordinary in scenes which require great dramatics & fiery dialouge delivery (in which DK, Gargi and ertwhile Vijendra excel), but she excels in scenes which shows her in a softer vein, the recent, much anticipated love scene is an excellent example....her facial expression were simply superb and the way she turns her head to look at DK when he holds her near to him, could get anyone goosep***les! Romance & Passion were written all over her face, while DK had a ''God, what am doing with my co-star, she is like my kid sister'' type of a look and it seemed as if he just wanted to get over with this and pack-up!

I agree with Lily on the romantic image we have of men like DK in our hearts, but you know, I really wouldn't like to see DK get into the Devdas mode at all....I would hate to see him weeping copiously for Disha & wasting his life after her. One should raise in love, not fall in it. Love should be your biggest strength not your greatest weakness, it should give you inspiration to move ahead in life and not keep searching for your past.

If coming together is love, then so is seperation.....in the recent hindi film ''Kisna'', the hero tell his Firangi heroine, ''Judai bhi toh pyar ka hi roop hai...hum juda hokar pyaar ki us unchaai ko prapt karlenge jo shayad saat rah kar hum kabhi naa paa sake.'' (Translation goes - Seperation is also a form of love, we will achieve the greatest heights of love by getting seperated which we will never be able to achieve if we are together)

DK is too dignified and strong a character for banging his head against the wall for Disha, but yes, I would love to see him pining away silently for Disha and resolving in his mind that he will get her back in his life some day, by hook or crook.....that's my DK! Anyone familiar with Wuthering Heights, would find some parallels in the character of Heathcliff with DK!

Dee

PS : Becky, I love the additional points of yours, can we do a joint post together some day.....maybe pool in our thoughts and come with something wacky and funny! I can never bring humor in my writing, dunno why? Its always the soapy, mushy stuff that fills my writing.....and I am the most unromantic person on earth......seriously!

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 6:04am | IP Logged

Ooooh, Disha! I'd love to! Perhaps I could siphon off some of your fame and popularity... LOL Just kidding!

Eh, maybe this is how you balance yourself out. I try to be all funny sometimes, and really philosophical at others.  (cocks head to one side and blinks rapidly) Have you tried feng shui? LOL Really, ZeeTV has this feng shui show on now, and I intend to watch it. Couldn't hurt, and at the very least, I should get some nice decorating tips out of it...

-DKaddict

P.S. And, Disha, I suppose it doesn't help any that when you have tried to be humorous (recently), you've gotten stomped on... really felt for ya there... (if you remember the incident to which I refer)

swathi Goldie
swathi
swathi

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 6:22am | IP Logged

Well even I fully agree with Disha's views. and ya disha whatever I seem to be thinking you seem to have put those thoughts into words so beautifully. Even I feel that DK is so much better in his restrained performances rather than proclaiming it so loud. and I also feel that if only they had not included the waltz(as Disha says)/ or salsa (as DK addict says) the scene could have been much better (read more intense).They just could have continued looking into each others eyes with DK holding her close and just talked in those whispers. of course that is my opinion on how the scene could have been.

Btw someone who will be watching this episode later please take a note of the lyrics and post it as I felt that they were very meaningful and apt to the situation. Summed up Disha's state of mind so beautifully.

Digressing a bit from the topic, do any of u guys in India remember an old serial named ''Farmaan'' which used to come in DD-1 (or was it DD Metro ) in the 90s. There the hero was Kanwaljeet Singh (Vijayendra, foster father of Disha in TD) and he used to have lots of misundertandings with the heroine. There also the hero's character was similiar to DK's where he had had a painful childhood and was never able to express his emotions even though he was in love with the heroine. Finally when the heroine decides to leave the place the reunion takes place where both of them express their love for each other. Somehow I kind of relate to that serial whenever I watch TD though apart from this basic premise being similiar rest all is very different.

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by swathi

Btw someone who will be watching this episode later please take a note of the lyrics and post it as I felt that they were very meaningful and apt to the situation. Summed up Disha's state of mind so beautifully.

I was wondering if perhaps it is the same verse Memsaab has posted at the end of the title song on the Tumharidisha web site (look under Miscellaneous). Memsaab has posted a translation of it somewhere on this forum, but I can't remember what it said very well. Thought it was similar to this.

-DKaddict

swathi Goldie
swathi
swathi

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dkaddict

Originally posted by swathi

I was wondering if perhaps it is the same verse Memsaab has posted at the end of the title song on the Tumharidisha web site (look under Miscellaneous). Memsaab has posted a translation of it somewhere on this forum, but I can't remember what it said very well. Thought it was similar to this.

-DKaddict

Hey Dkaddict, I don't think that this song can be posted before as it was shown only in yesterday's episode. Though the tune was the same as the title track the lyrics were different and I liked those lyrics. I could not stay up late ( I really don't know how you manage it) yesterday so missed the late night repeat also. As I had mentioned in my earlier post I got the timings wrong and when I started on my TV PKG was running. Cry

chweetweety Goldie
chweetweety
chweetweety

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 9:13am | IP Logged

Disha & Lata,

Cant thank you enough for the wonderful job you have been doing.Clap Well this appreciation isnt new to either of u...but any added appreciation would sure be an added previlege. Am i right Wink . This is my first post on this forum and extend my friendly gesture to everyone here.

Take care and keep up the good work

Asian Princess Goldie
Asian Princess
Asian Princess

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 10:42am | IP Logged

heya Disha

yehh i think that too but i think its because the charecter Ashish is playing ( DK) is a person who doesn't let all him emotions pour out he's a reverserd type of person and expresses his views through his expressionsBig smile

I haven't seen this episode yet because were a week behind in the Uk and the video i'm problems viewing it Cry

But I'll make a more detailed response when i've finally seen it Smile 

Personally when Ashish tries to act romantic I think he looks sooo CUTEEE especially with those big cute eyes lolll Embarrassed Maybe he just gets a bit embrassed doing the romantic roles lolll Embarrassed Hes seems like a kind of reversed person

But good work Disha its a great annalysis on Ashish once againClap

bluejalpari Goldie
bluejalpari
bluejalpari

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 10:45am | IP Logged

Hi Guys,

PErsonnaly i agree that we had built up too many expectations of the scene...but actually im quite happy with the outcome...

Disha  has a lot of mixed feelings about DK..and that is aptly shown...DK on the other hand has finally understood that his feelings are love and he has expressed them...and that too he didt go on his own to express himself...he asked her the question when he found her in his room...I think the situation was written aplty keeping the personalities of DK and Disha in mind . Lady D wouldnt be Lady D if she fell for one " i love you" without asking any questions or without questioning the future of thier relationship. ( In fact she should have asked him what the hell he was diong with Sanya in thier house after thier marraige!! )................................The scene is so much in contrast with the scene earlier in whcih disha proposes to DK !!

Sooner or later there will be a time when Disha will have similar feelings for DK...( hopefully that stupid gargi will not be kabab mein haddi)and for GOD sake...Sumitra MATAJI has to stop playing the sleeping moorti and get up and protect disha.DK on the other hand has to show some of his trust in Disha which he showed by giving her the entire kanaka empire to run. I think what they will show is mutual respect and trust building before thoughts of undying love.

Also I feel that SumiMAATA has answers to somw questions about Disha's past..since DEVA was found working for Sehgal family and was given the duty of taking care of DK by DKs father...Maybe SUMIMAATA divulges the presence and whereabouts of Disha's biologival mother and siblings if any( that PArineeta maybe)

Im happy with the writers since they are not jumping to one night stands and repentance and all such crap.As they say...true love takes time to build and then stays there!!

I am such a romatic..hope the serial comes out beautifully

Thanks for the updates Disha and Lata!!

Bluefish

Go to top