India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

Ashish - Not quite the romantic!

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 4:08am | IP Logged

Judging by the fact that a lot of you seem to agree with me that Ashish was not upto the mark in the romantic scene, here is my take on it!

One reason could be that this episode was highly anticipated, hence it fell short of our expectations. Maybe, Ashish was brilliant as usual, its just that we were expecting a tad too much from him and hence felt that he did not perform upto the mark!

Second reason could be that Ashish is simply not made for romantic scenes, and by romantic I mean scenes which are sexy & tantalizing like this specific episode and not intense and passionate. Ashish is amazingly brilliant in scenes which require less dialogues and more of facial expressions and understated body languages, but at the same time he simply dazzles in scenes which require him to look angry or explode - you can actually feel taken aback when he screams or just looks at the Camera with that dead-panned, cold look in his eyes. But I felt that there was something drastically missing in the romantic scene, Chhavi looked completely at ease in it while DK looked distincitvely out of place!

Third reason could be that Ashish was actually awkward doing the scene...I used to be in dramatics in my school & college and remember developing cold feet while enacting the role of a mistress (Dead) to a politician....even though it was an all-girls play, I felt odd that I am doing such a role (Ok, don't want to sound immodest, but, ahem, I have won quite a few awards in Drama....I still do it with my hubby, when I have to get things done my way!) Ashish is overall an excellent actor, I would rate him a good 8 /10, his area of excellence is the emotional scenes, but he looked quite ill at ease in that particular scene when he lets go of Disha and tells her that he loves her.....it looked forced to me....the intensity was clearly missing.

But strangely, in the same episode, there was a moment where Disha is unpacking her stuff and DK stops by to look at her....I thought that was one of the best DK - Disha moments ever shown, DK simply rocked in this, without uttering a single word, he narrated the entire state of his heart just by the way he looks at Disha with such longing and passion! Also, another scene where Disha is sitting with her Aai, and DK passes by and smiles quitely at her was awesome.....it was really romantic & very sweet! And the way DK tells Disha, ''You are sounding like my Wife today'' and finishes his drink was just too good........so its not as if DK does not look good in romantic scenes, I just feel that he doesn't get in scenes in which the romance is obvious and overstated, he is more of the strong, silent lover kinds who would rather speak with his eyes than holding his lover in his arms and trying to waltz around with her at nightLOL

Love to have your views and opinions on this, though I am aware of the fact that most of you would not have seen the episode, but in general if you feel something on this, do share the same.

Dee

PS : I still adore DK / Ashish and incase he is reading this, hey dude I think you are coolest thing to have happend to Indian Televison of late & though you are not quite the romance man, you rock in every other possible way!

Edited by disha77 - 03 March 2005 at 4:26am

samy74 IF-Dazzler
samy74
samy74

Zee Channel

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 4:16am | IP Logged

I agree

First of all thanks every so much Disha77 for you lovely and heart touching updates all i can say is that they are simply amazing. This is the second time i am writing onthis forum, i always read your updates but never replied but i think i should have as you are too good.

I live in UK and we are upto where he begs Gargi i think this was a fantastic scene. I agree with you about the romantic scences even though i have not seen the clear version it does seem that DK can express better with his eyes and silence.

I just hope Disha realises that she loves him but i believe something drastic will happen only than Disha will realise.

But well done once again keep up the good work!!!Big smile Samy

AALIYAH786 Goldie
AALIYAH786
AALIYAH786

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 4:28am | IP Logged

THANKS DISHA, BUT I DON'T REALLY CARE HOW DK ACT, I JUST ENJOY LOOKING AT HIM

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 4:56am | IP Logged

Dee though we haven't seen the love scenes yet, I will try to respond  to the best of my ability and will be fair ( I am a Libra )

Yes he is brilliant as the angry young man, and can express with his eyes  in fact remember you had a post some time back  on his  his expression and acting skills.

We also have so much expectation from DK in our hearts we want him to be the most romantic lover in the universe the one we all dream of  (  and the promos were hyped ).But may be he is not comfortable expressing his love on screen. I  don't want to compare him with actors, but for some reason the chocolate looking  hero's who look pathetic in fight sequence for some reason do a better job when it comes about expression of love, but look miserable when they are trying to frighten the daylights out or look tough , and vice versa the tough one's really look pathetic when expressing love. I remember my brother asking me what we wanted in our dream man , and I handed him a list of top 10 wishes ( you all know what I mean), he  replied in that case sis you will need 10 different individual.

Dee you always come with these great ideas and analysis, keep it going we never want this forum to stop

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 5:08am | IP Logged

A fourth posiibility- and this is just me speculating on possibilities- is that, knowing how much his fan base would be crazy over this scene, he simply tried too hard, thereby ruining it. You are right, Disha, he has pulled off some real hot romantic and/or passionate scenes plenty of times before... so what happened? Like I said somwhere else on here recently, I can only go by my choppy copy, so perhaps a month or so from now when I get to see it clearly, I will, ahem, have a better picture... Big smile

And a fifth possibility- perhaps he found certain elements of the scene (dialogue, movements, for example) to be kinda cheesy, and just couldn't get himself to pull it off...

Ooh! Ooh! Here's a sixth! He just couldn't imagine what it would feel like to be in such a situation, and had no similar experience to draw upon in order to be convincing...

I really ought to pull the plug on my mind for the night.....

-DKaddict

Ashish- we love you, anyways! Just seeing DK holding Disha like that kinda makes up for it all. Besides, you're growing as an actor- can't expect to be perfect all the time. Even seasoned veterans have off days...Heart Heart Heart 

samy74 IF-Dazzler
samy74
samy74

Zee Channel

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 5:14am | IP Logged

Good analysis dkaddict

I like your anaylsis i think he is good regardless and all the actors are not perfect in the all their scences and i truly beleive he did it to the best of his abilities and maybe we were expecting Disha to react positively or maybe a little different than what she did, so this could also have added to our disappointment, just a thought!!!!!

SamyBig smile

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lilly

for some reason the chocolate looking  hero's who look pathetic in fight sequence for some reason do a better job when it comes about expression of love, but look miserable when they are trying to frighten the daylights out or look tough , and vice versa the tough one's really look pathetic when expressing love.

Actually, Lilly, IMO, Sunny Deol does great with both a**-kicking and heart-melting... I know, I know... they always like to over-do his fight scenes, but I swear, it must be the fault of thw writers or directors....Big smile

What can I say, I'm biased, he's my favorite, favorite, favorite actor!

-DKaddict

(please, Sunny bashers need not reply- you don't wanna know how ugly my typing gets when I'm mad! Angry LOL )

Nishani IF-Dazzler
Nishani
Nishani

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 5:32am | IP Logged

ROMANTIC OR NOT, WE STILL LURVVVVV HIM!!!Heart  Heart RIGHT??? Heart

Go to top