Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
u all must have noticed the new craze where in basically all reality tv the public votes for who they want and they get to decide who stays and who goes. i want to know if u guys feel its good because my mom gets really mad when she sees the public voting. she says that (in music shows like Indian Idol, Sa Re Ga Ma) the public has no knowledge they vote based on just who they like and not who deserves it. for her its okay tp vote after u have selected the best singers like 4 or 5 or even 10 but dont let the public vote on like 20 singer judges should decide that. i am sorta in agreement with that because while i know in the end its teh public's choice who is successful and who isn't but they do make bad decisions. they'll kick out those who deserve to stay and keep those who deserve to leave, so i feel that the public should get a vote much later on when only the best people r left.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "public voting in reality tv" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rebelqueen

rebelqueen

Posted: 28 January 2006 at 7:27am | IP Logged
hey..i totally agree with ur mom-i think the coutry certainly votes 4 who they like and not those who deserve it...they have no knowledge of the subject-tell me,for example in indian idola dn sa re ga ...if the whole of india had soo much knowledge in music...y do we have such less singers-they go by looks-by the way they present themselves...i think that's very wrong-coz the public breaks lives and careers instead of making them...
i think such shows shud have judges who decide very rightly...

paagalhoonmain

IF-Rockerz

paagalhoonmain

Posted: 28 January 2006 at 7:32am | IP Logged
there are various aspects of all things,i mean u can't decide who is deserving,amit sana or abhijeet sawant,debojit or vineet or hemachandra,nihira or himani,if u will say who deserves tht will be purely ur view and its debatable,but public voting gives the idea who they want to win,and actually artistes perform for the ppl,not for themselves,so publis is mostly the best judge.

dannyk

IF-Veteran Member

dannyk

Posted: 04 February 2006 at 8:56am | IP Logged

hey nice topic dude ..

but if they public voteing is not there then how can they make money .. :P

am not watched the latest episode of this shows .. but do watch the Indian Idol - 1 .. but in that most of the time the singer got selected who is given more points by judge ..

but there was one dance competition where i have seen it was really bad .. as there was one couple who was in top 5 who even didn't diserve in top 10 also .. there it was really bad experiance ..

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 04 February 2006 at 9:30am | IP Logged
i agree with u mkzara

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 04 February 2006 at 10:13am | IP Logged
public voting has both good and bad points.

good points:
1) the public is going to buy CDs in the end, so they have the right to choose their favourites

2) many times "experts" can be arbitrary and fixed in one mind-frame. they do not encourage new music and keep winners limited to the main-stream conventional voices.

bad points:
1) the people really do not have musical knowlege to judge complex songs

2) they vote based on personality and appearance and not on actual talent.

to be honest, i approve of public voting as in the end it is the public who will buy CDs. and what's the use of talent if only a group of "intellectuals" appreciates it? it won't earn much money.

however, the main problem with these reality shows is that they encourage MULTIPLE voting to earn SMS revenues. that just destroys the whole point of the voting system. can you imagine how our elections would be like if multiple voting were allowed?

so, i approve of public voting, but NOT multiple voting.

inaanki

IF-Dazzler

inaanki

Posted: 04 February 2006 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

public voting has both good and bad points.

so, i approve of public voting, but NOT multiple voting.
 Yes, i agree multiple voting ruins everything.

sabz_m

Goldie

sabz_m

Posted: 04 February 2006 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
i agree wit u all, public votin isn't gud. esp recently in indian idol ...i was shocked that Neha was voted out. the public hav no knowledge of music as much as the judges do.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top