Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Is Social Acceptance Above Emotions ? Above Love ?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

EkPaheli

IF-Sizzlerz

EkPaheli

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
"Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness."
Bertrand Russell

I am awaiting today eagerly like many people for this show to commence the promo itself captured me quite vividly from the word go... from  the single line that echoes in all the promos - Saiyaan naino ki bhashaa samjhe na - to the subtlety of scenes which are a beautiful glimpse of what should be expected in this show. Mohnish and Kritika look amazing together and I loved the tagline of this show - ' Pyar ki aahat bhi hai .. aur hichkichat bhi' but above it all I suppose is the best thing so far I really liked - the title Rajan has picked - Kuch Toh Log Kahenge - which is the crux of the tale to a certain point.

we all know in a nutshell what the story is gonna be - Ashutosh a man in his late 30' would be shown falling in love with Nidhi - a girl in her early 20' - but the only hurdles that would stand in their way wont be just their personal issues - things that may create unnecessary friction between them - but also their thoughts to overcome their personal anxieties to acknowledge their feelings to each other without any hesitation that would be there not only due to them sharing a professional relationship with him being her senior but also the fact that they have an age gap of over a decade that separates them which is where the role of the'  Society'  would come in. The very thought of ' what people would say' when this would be out will be playing a crucial element in this story.

Surely we have seen such May December couples before on screen on Indian shows where the girl is usually shown married to the guy under circumstances which make it necessary for them to tie the knot as per the story but what lures us to Ashutosh Nidhi is the novelty brought in by Rajan - where his lead pair isnt being forced to come together by their circumstances that make it necessary for them to be a couple but instead stands on the opposite side of the line where they may undergo a lot of scrutiny simply because they happen to fall in love despite the age gap terming their romance vile simply cos of it,

But why does it have to be so is simply what is on my mind making me write this post really. -  Is the happiness that two people may find with each other in their relationship so beneath the worldly ways of things that only an approval granted by society can deem it to be moral  - be held righteously or else seek absolution for their ways

Do only morally acceptable relationships come with a certified guarantee of happiness that they would be ever lasting ? NO i dont think so... and if so why is the social acceptance necessary ? why cant people just let 2 lives find happiness with each other if in the process they arent hindering or destroying anyone else,

Why should there be a need of approval by the world for one to gain and hold onto that one person who above all else makes us happy and is more then just necessity - who isnt just a part of our life but who makes life worth living too ...

Edited by Neha2704 - 03 October 2011 at 12:17am

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

mohit_rockstarArmu4eva-Swetha-justpratiKaranKittu4evaachieverGunjan.Aanya.minizz-Nymphadora-shamilshibzepiphany.Rajinilicious.DarkParadise..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Social Acceptance Above Emotions ? Above Love ?" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

minizz

IF-Rockerz

minizz

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:12am | IP Logged
I am also looking forward to this show as it promises to show a sensitive,beautiful love story which is rare  on television nowadays.I am a fan of Mohnish Behl and have no doubt in my mind that he would be successful in portraying the character of Ashutosh with the required sensitivity.Kritika is also a good actress and can be a perfect foil to MB.

I loved your post and totally agree with you.Society approved relationships do not guarantee happiness otherwise we would not be seeing the rise in divorce.Love is very important but you know society does tend to create stress in this sort of relationships.That's where the title fits so beautifully-the old Kishore Kumar classic is so apt in this situation.People love to gossip as long as it is not about themselves.I hope the CVs of this show are successful in showing that Nidhi and Ashutosh are not only successful in overcoming their own personal prejudices but also the prejudices of the society.looking forward to the first episodeSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

EkPaheli

Aanya.

IF-Rockerz

Aanya.

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Hey Neha :)

I completely agree with your post. You've described the premise of the show beautifully, and if they show what you just wrote, I shall be one happy girl :D

Coming to your question, I would definitely put love above social acceptance because honestly speaking, love really doesn't account for age gaps, morality issues, etc. It's a pure, simple emotion which only the two people experiencing it are privy to. So yes, for me social acceptance is not necessary.

However, one cannot disregard the society completely. We are humans, our primary nature is to live with inter-dependence, to live among people of our own kind. And as much as the prejudices are reducing, this is still a sensitive issue. And older man and a younger girl will always be controversial. Not only in India, but there are people all over the world who find the concept abnormal. And even if the two people concerned, fall in love, there will always be people opposing them, labeling their relationship. And that is bound to trouble you. Even if Nidhi puts love above social acceptance, the fact that people point fingers will bother the couple, until and incase they reach a point in their relationship when they understand each other and where they stand, perfectly. Till that point comes, there will always be doubts, insecurities, misunderstandings and to some extent, suppression of feelings.

Besides, the couple will have to adjust in many other ways. It's possible, their ideologies, standards, etc don't match and they will have to put their love above everything and find a middle ground and in due course, a stable relationship.

So, to answer your question, Yes love conquers all, but in my opinion you need to be at a certain point in the relationship, to completely refute the society's judgement and be comfortable in the relation you share. Until then, they can only strive to come to a middle ground :)

^ Wow. I wrote a speech. Sorry 'bout that, I got carried away LOL

xoxo
Aanya

P.S - Forgot to add this: I agree with you, society accepted relationships do not guarantee happiness :)

Edited by Aanya_taanu4evr - 03 October 2011 at 12:21am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

minizzEkPaheliRajinilicious

EkPaheli

IF-Sizzlerz

EkPaheli

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by minizz

I am also looking forward to this show as it promises to show a sensitive,beautiful love story which is rare  on television nowadays.I am a fan of Mohnish Behl and have no doubt in my mind that he would be successful in portraying the character of Ashutosh with the required sensitivity.Kritika is also a good actress and can be a perfect foil to MB.

I loved your post and totally agree with you.Society approved relationships do not guarantee happiness otherwise we would not be seeing the rise in divorce.Love is very important but you know society does tend to create stress in this sort of relationships.That's where the title fits so beautifully-the old Kishore Kumar classic is so apt in this situation.People love to gossip as long as it is not about themselves.I hope the CVs of this show are successful in showing that Nidhi and Ashutosh are not only successful in overcoming their own personal prejudices but also the prejudices of the society.looking forward to the first episodeSmile

Hey Miniiz thanks so much and I agree gossip so long as its not about self incites people and I am so looking forward to how the CV' tackle this very aspect - how they show Ashutosh and Nidhi reaching a point where they simply accept - Kuch Toh Log Kahenge - and stop fretting over it, not caring about people and instead embracing their love so seamlessly that eventually nothing else matters to them Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

minizzRajinilicious

KaranKittu4eva

Goldie

KaranKittu4eva

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Wow after ur guys such long comments there is not much left to say! But, I absolutely adored your post it's beautiful
and your an amazing/ engaging writer. I agree with everything you have said why does society needs to controlone's relationship if two people are happy and living a morally good life why do people need inquire or make senseless comments or interfere un their life. If society was more accepting/ understanding and less judgemental the worl would be a much better place. I think KTLK will capture this and portray this beautifully very glad ths kind of concept will be illustrated to our society :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aanya.minizzEkPaheliRajinilicious

EkPaheli

IF-Sizzlerz

EkPaheli

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aanya_taanu4evr

Hey Neha :)

I completely agree with your post. You've described the premise of the show beautifully, and if they show what you just wrote, I shall be one happy girl :D

Coming to your question, I would definitely put love above social acceptance because honestly speaking, love really doesn't account for age gaps, morality issues, etc. It's a pure, simple emotion which only the two people experiencing it are privy to. So yes, for me social acceptance is not necessary.

However, one cannot disregard the society completely. We are humans, our primary nature is to live with inter-dependence, to live among people of our own kind. And as much as the prejudices are reducing, this is still a sensitive issue. And older man and a younger girl will always be controversial. Not only in India, but there are people all over the world who find the concept abnormal. And even if the two people concerned, fall in love, there will always be people opposing them, labeling their relationship. And that is bound to trouble you. Even if Nidhi puts love above social acceptance, the fact that people point fingers will bother the couple, until and incase they reach a point in their relationship when they understand each other and where they stand, perfectly. Till that point comes, there will always be doubts, insecurities, misunderstandings and to some extent, suppression of feelings.

Besides, the couple will have to adjust in many other ways. It's possible, their ideologies, standards, etc don't match and they will have to put their love above everything and find a middle ground and in due course, a stable relationship.

So, to answer your question, Yes love conquers all, but in my opinion you need to be at a certain point in the relationship, to completely refute the society's judgement and be comfortable in the relation you share. Until then, they can only strive to come to a middle ground :)

^ Wow. I wrote a speech. Sorry 'bout that, I got carried away LOL

xoxo
Aanya

P.S - Forgot to add this: I agree with you, society accepted relationships do not guarantee happiness :)

Hi Anya :)
thanks so much for your lovely words too though Rajan' previous shows have never captured me this one is def a breath of fresh air which I so would love to see being true to its plot to the very end and not be lost in absurdities too trust me nothing would make me happier and i especially love the @ bold part of your post definitely a couple needs to not only face the societal pressures in cases like these but find a middle ground between themselves as well since one may not agree with the other not simply cos of their opinions being different, but also their age being a factor they have to work around things which may sometimes be an issue since either the older partner finds em too childish for his/her ways and the younger wants to explore ... or situations where perhaps the younger partner doesn't seemingly handle things in a light that could be expected out of them by the mature partner... so yes it would be interesting to see how the CV' explore these aspects

and lastly no need to apologize for what you wrote and think is a speech I love it when people get carried away like you did, trust me am one of them too WinkLOL

minizzRajinilicious

EkPaheli

IF-Sizzlerz

EkPaheli

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KaranKittu4eva

Wow after ur guys such long comments there is not much left to say! But, I absolutely adored your post it's beautiful
and your an amazing/ engaging writer. I agree with everything you have said why does society needs to controlone's relationship if two people are happy and living a morally good life why do people need inquire or make senseless comments or interfere un their life. If society was more accepting/ understanding and less judgemental the worl would be a much better place. I think KTLK will capture this and portray this beautifully very glad ths kind of concept will be illustrated to our society :)

@ bold - gal you won me over with just one line Thank you Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rajinilicious

Mehek25

IF-Rockerz

Mehek25

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Wonderful post Neha. The last bit which u have written is really worth pondering over...(Quote/ Unquote)

Do only morally acceptable relationships come with a certified guarantee of happiness that they would be ever lasting ? NO i dont think so... and if so why is the social acceptance necessary ? why cant people just let 2 lives find happiness with each other if in the process they arent hindering or destroying anyone else,

Why should there be a need of approval by the world for one to gain and hold onto that one person who above all else makes us happy and is more then just necessity - who isnt just a part of our life but who makes life worth living too ...

I echo ur sentiments dear.  

EkPaheliRajinilicious

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.