Selina

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Mallika, the best actress?
   By: The hitList Team
   March 3, 2005

Mallika, the best actress?

The hitList Team
Mallika Sherawat
The official Zee Cine Awards nominations list is not out yet, but if the buzz is to be believed, it does have a surprise in store.

And that's got to be Madame Mallika Sherawat who has been nominated for the Best Actress award.

The film? Murder. The apparent logic? "She carried the film entirely on her shoulders."

Now we are not sure if that was entirely because of her acting abilities. But then, who ever said acting is all that counts!

An item number with a difference

Depending upon the budget, one is usually subjected to item numbers performed by either well-known actresses or lesser-known starlets at many events.

At the same time, not all events call for item numbers. But the "item number" performed by choreographer Sandeep Soparrkar and actress Kitu Gidwani at the Teacher's Achievement Awards was one with a difference — it was a beautiful ballroom tango that completely mesmerised the audience.

The performance was followed by a glittering award ceremony with Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy, Rahul Dravid and Karan Thapar were some of the awardees.

While this event did not have the usual dose of masala and gossip that we're used to, we did feel that tasteful events like this one are becoming increasingly rare in Mumbai's social scape. A sign of things to come?

This schoolgirl loves Salman!

DID ASH HAVE POSTERS OF SALLU ON HER WARDROBE
TOO?
Peer harder and it should not be difficult to figure out who this schoolgirl, posing alongside posters of Salman Khan is.

Yes, it's a file picture of Sushmita Sen herself! And talking of dreams coming true, little did this pretty girl from New Delhi's Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute know that few years later, she would be seen gyrating next to Salman on screen.

Unless her fascination was meant to be kept a secret. If that's the case, sushhh then!

Abhishek is no hotstepper!

We always suspected that junior Bachchan had a wicked streak. This one proves it. 

During the shooting of Main Hoon, the show on Zoom that focuses on behind-the-screen wizards who make on-screen stars look good, Abhishek Bachchan let everybody on to a secret: he actually made ace choreographer Terence Lewis give a shot in his place during the filming of Ram Gopal Varma's Naach.

A close-up of Abhishek and Antra's foot movement was being filmed and Bachchan Jr was feeling a tad lazy, so he convinced Lewis to get into his jeans and shoes and give the shot.

Thanks to Abhishek's art of persuasion, Terence agreed.

Ramu was looking at the shot on the assist monitor and after the shot was done, he shouted, "Well done Abhishek and Antra, good shot!" Abhishek, who was sitting right behind him, answered, "Thank you, Thank you!"

So now you know why Bachchan Jr "looked" so fleet footed in Naach!

Pre-release pangs?

ON THE BACK BURNER: Abhay Deol
We've heard of actors turning into nervous wrecks before the release of their debut films, but Abhay Deol has taken this a step further.

While his much-hyped film Socha Na Tha was scheduled for release last Friday at the Inox multiplex, the debutant actor severely sprained his back and has been advised to take it easy by the doctor.

Says the young cousin of Sunny Deol, "I hurt my back while working out. It's not that I am bed-ridden or anything, but I can't afford to exert myself. That will only prolong the problem. It's not serious, though."

The pain was obviously serious enough for the producers to cancel the premiere of the movie. With sporting injuries putting a damper on pre-release celebrations, we'd definitely advise the young Deol to watch his back!

Pratichee: Back where she belongs

Remember Pratichee Mohapatra from the erstwhile band VIVA? She's all set to create ripples again in the music world with the debut of her solo album to be released this March, courtesy Universal Music.

What's more, the songstress has also reportedly signed an exclusive, three-year contract with the company.

Off late, Pratichee had also been keeping busy with modelling assignments for brands like Lifestyle, Sony Ericsson and L'Oreal.

She also received a few offers from industry players for filmi roles, but the smart cookie that she is, Mohapatra has decided to stay away from movies for the moment.

Now here's one woman who is the perfect contender for the "glamourous all-rounder" title. Way to go babe!

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 3:48am | IP Logged
thanx for the articles
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 5:41am | IP Logged

i personally do not like mallika sherawat...i think she is Dead

like sajid khan says "some people come into the industry by mistake...they have a hit and think they are a star" (i think he said something like that on Zee tv's india's best) well, that statement i think fits Mallika perfectly!

Embarrassed

ejaz fan 609 Senior Member
ejaz fan 609
ejaz fan 609

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 7:35am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing!
jatt di pasand Groupbie
jatt di pasand
jatt di pasand

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Thanks 4 shairingSmile
mango Global Moderator
mango
mango

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the articles is that really sush in the second article??
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top