Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

bips

IF-Dazzler

bips

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:50am | IP Logged
I haven't really seen much of this show ... I just some episodes this week ... i liked the premise - i mean how many leads in indian tv actually  want to study or have ambition ?

I just find the saas very irritating ... Does she need to yell everything ? ... I mean literally everything ... She doesn't seem to have a volume button in her head ... I just saw the promo for next week and she is practically screaming her head off at sandhya for not wearing the saree on time

Does she really need to be so loud ? ... We have a lot of mean, petty, greedy, ignorant, rural MILs on Tv ... But i genuinely cannot recall anyone who is this loud all the time ... She just opens her eyes really wide, doesn't blink and starts screaming at any and everything

Is there a reason for her to be doing so ? Have i missed something ... something in the initial episodes when they introduced her that explained the mike in her throat ... Because right now to me, all this seems pretty pointless ... they need to find a better, a subtle actress ... A negative character (if she is one) should maybe make you angry but not irritated ... i want to change the channel when she starts ...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.b2011kavmuksAngelbud_mahi_Hi_FriendsChillMaarYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why does this woman yell so much?" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

b2011

Coolbie

b2011

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 6:20am | IP Logged
It has been the same since the starting of the show.  She thinks her family members are just useless and unless she is loud, they won't do any work properly.  Even in yesterday's maha epi, they were just standing blank until she shouted to go and clean the mess.

She is fine with her character and I do not think she will become negative.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

monika_2691_mahi_Hi_FriendsChillMaarYaar

Opti

IF-Stunnerz

Opti

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged
I too found her too loud. I think the actress is trying to make up for her lack of expressions by shouting out her lines.  As you said she is a big put off.  Hope she improves or gets replaced because her role seems important  and I wouldn't be able to sit through too much of her shouting in every episode. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011ChillMaarYaar

Hi_Friends

IF-Rockerz

Hi_Friends

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by b2011

It has been the same since the starting of the show.  She thinks her family members are just useless and unless she is loud, they won't do any work properly.  Even in yesterday's maha epi, they were just standing blank until she shouted to go and clean the mess.

absolutely u r right Bharti..
If she didnt shout,no work willl be done.
@Bips:U said na want to change the channel.
i think tat shows Bhabho scored good in her acting..

Edited by anushini - 02 October 2011 at 8:15am

b2011monika_2691

bips

IF-Dazzler

bips

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anushini

Originally posted by b2011

absolutely u r right Bharti..
If she didnt shout,no work willl be done.
@Bips:U said na want to change the channel.
i think tat shows Bhabho scored good in her acting..

I don't think anushini ... I love negative characters ... the leads are always so shakkar jaise meethe and boring ... I love watching tapasya from uttaran, jayawant from PR, rashi from saathiya, elder sis character from saloni etc etc ...

This one is too jarring ... a complete assault on the senses... If i, as a viewer want to change the channel then the actor is failing not succeeding ... Negative or even gray characters should make you want to stick to the screen ... You might hate them, clap when justice is served but they should never irritate you ...

Yelling sometimes makes sense but all the time... at stupid,little stuff ...over the top acting in my opinion

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

raspberrytorte

IF-Rockerz

raspberrytorte

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Bhabo is nice but the thing is she gets irritated with her badi 'beenani' (daughter-in-law) and her other kids (except Suraj) and her husband. I like negative characters though (if she is negative!).. I like Rashi (saathiya) and soo many more!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

Savz_Startling

IF-Sizzlerz

Savz_Startling

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
ya her character is loud character.she is too possesive,showoff,emotional,arrogant,thinks she n her family is great her character is written like that.for small things also she reacts much.

magicalworldb2011

Angelbud

Goldie

Angelbud

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bips

I haven't really seen much of this show ... I just some episodes this week ... i liked the premise - i mean how many leads in indian tv actually  want to study or have ambition ?

I just find the saas very irritating ... Does she need to yell everything ? ... I mean literally everything ... She doesn't seem to have a volume button in her head ... I just saw the promo for next week and she is practically screaming her head off at sandhya for not wearing the saree on time

Does she really need to be so loud ? ... We have a lot of mean, petty, greedy, ignorant, rural MILs on Tv ... But i genuinely cannot recall anyone who is this loud all the time ... She just opens her eyes really wide, doesn't blink and starts screaming at any and everything

Is there a reason for her to be doing so ? Have i missed something ... something in the initial episodes when they introduced her that explained the mike in her throat ... Because right now to me, all this seems pretty pointless ... they need to find a better, a subtle actress ... A negative character (if she is one) should maybe make you angry but not irritated ... i want to change the channel when she starts ...

I believe it is due to the lack of understanding of the subtext that this particular performance is less than what we would usually expect on the 9pm slot!  I think its just a matter of time before more cracks begin to show in the fabric of the show!  Its a pity as this particular actress lets others down as well!  I do also think that the lead male also lacks as well as the lead female, the spontaneity and the inspiration that usually shows by this point in a production is just not there!

Its not looking good for DABH is it!Confused

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.