Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

.hea.

IF-Sizzlerz

.hea.

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Hey Guys, My second post here, I hope you enjoy this one!

So, after searching a lot of sites and experiencing this myself...I finally found out a topic for debate! It's between history and science.

There will be daily discussions about this. Maybe you can take up a current topic regarding the respective subjects, and create teams among yourselves. Maybe if this goes well, we will talk up another two thing exact anti pole  to each other.

So this debate starts today! With best regards...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "History v/s Science" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.hea.

IF-Sizzlerz

.hea.

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:11am | IP Logged
The Basic Concept of the debate:

History or Science. You have to say for one subject, and explain why it is more useful than the other one. Both history and science has it's uses in our life today, and both of them are important in their own ways. The main purpose is to explain which one is important to you . It will be better if you give real life incidents to explain them.

Edited by -Murphy369- - 02 October 2011 at 9:23am

Fangirl_Annie

IF-Rockerz

Fangirl_Annie

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 6:07am | IP Logged
both suck! LOL

i think history must be stuidied only by those who wanna becum an archeologist or sumthing realted 2 the very history!
sciesce is still relevant fr students! sumtymes interesting.. sumtymes boring!
i know its nt tht u already know wht u r gonna becum but still there r sum variations.. i mean ppl skreech their hair while studying sst and the stupid subject is studied fr years.. which is of no use for many! huh! i think sciece is better.. we hve more scientists than archeologiets!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
What debate?? Which one is more relevant? I guess both are equally relevant because I love both. In fact I believe every subject, even those which I despised and in which I scored poor marks in school days, is equally relevant..Embarrassed

Summer3

.hea.

IF-Sizzlerz

.hea.

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged
hey to both Anahita and Rehan! so both of you are really confusing me...Anahita says that she hates both of them...Rehan says that he loves both. Let me make my self clear, I will edit my second res post! :)

Fangirl_Annie

.hea.

IF-Sizzlerz

.hea.

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

What debate?? Which one is more relevant? I guess both are equally relevant because I love both. In fact I believe every subject, even those which I despised and in which I scored poor marks in school days, is equally relevant..Embarrassed

I hope Rehan I could make myself clear. Will you take like to take side of any one subjectEmbarrassed
By the way @bold, I agree with you. Scoring poor marks can't be the reason of hating or disliking a subject.

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

.hea.

IF-Sizzlerz

.hea.

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged

History is a branch of social science, agreed.
Um, I think it's correct that applied science has obviously much more use in our lives than social science, though they are bonded with some connection. Everything involves both of them.

Scoring poor marks is the fault of the student or the teacher sometimes. It is seen that history teachers are boring at times, I have to say there are good teachers , I have faced both kind earlier. But, most of them, they just read out and explain in sheepish way. Not that I always took in that way, I am forced to hear it with utmost enthusiasm for getting good marks.
Nevertheless, students are responsible as well. The craze now is either with engineering or law, and thus history is not given that importance.

Last part: History is interesting to read, not obviously when it comes to remember it, so it becomes boring at times. 
To be honest, I never found Science boring, and I am pretty good at it, when it comes to understand it and mug it up at times.

Thanks for sharing your view.  

Post Reply New Post

Go to top