Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 26 January 2006 at 5:53pm | IP Logged

Though everyone has gut feelings, you will agree that some of us are more intuitive than others. In my opinion the difference lies in the awareness about your own feelings. The people who use their sixth sense are imaginative, fore-sighted and think more deeply on issues as opposed to the practical and realistic approach followed by less intuitive people. Thus, less intuitive people might not give enough importance to their somewhat subconscious feelings and use their logic to arrive at decisions.
However, in daily life your feelings do play an important role.
In my opinion, the leaders combine gut feeling to arrive at the most desirable option.  On the other hand, some people may not give enough importance  to gut feel, as they base their decision on logical analysis using facts and figures. Though it seems quite rational, however there might be circumstances where too much unfocussed analysis might lead to analysis paralysis, which hampers decision-making. In addition, people who fear uncertainty and wait till all relevant info becomes available are often left behind.

That is why in today's competitive  environment, emotional intelligence which takes into account one's gut feelings, aids a person to take apt decisions and have a proactive approach. (Offcourse with required technical skills).

However, the balance of head and gut is required and gut feelings cannot and should not be totally ignored. In order to derive maximum advantage out of them, you need to be thoughtful and aware of your own perception and with practice you can slowly acquire a skillful perception. Once you become aware then expression is very important.
What is your gut feel?

Edited by dolly - 26 January 2006 at 5:54pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are gut feelings important?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Lady In Pink

IF-Veteran Member

Lady In Pink

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 4:10am | IP Logged
I believe gut feelings are really really important. I always rely on my sixth sense to make certain desicions, but when ur head doesnt work, i think it is the gut feeling which often helps u to do the rite thing. Smile

lovelyprincesst

IF-Rockerz

lovelyprincesst

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 4:41am | IP Logged
yeah... i belive tht gut feelings are important in a person life... it helps u in a difficult time Smile

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 5:21am | IP Logged
I guess if you believe in it ..it does matter and it does affect you...if you don't belive in it it won't make a difference in your life at all. But I do believe in "Think ONLY what you want to expect in your life"!

Edited by sowmyaa - 27 January 2006 at 5:22am

SuperDuper01

SuperDuper01

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by EiShA

I believe gut feelings are really really important. I always rely on my sixth sense to make certain desicions, but when ur head doesnt work, i think it is the gut feeling which often helps u to do the rite thing. Smile

Same frm me

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 8:00am | IP Logged
well,
it looks like we all agree about the gut feeling part. iam not seeing anybody opposing it. LOL Gut feelings are sometimes more reliable than logic. Though the importance of practical logic cannot be underestimated. But one should not ignore the gut feelings.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 8:02am | IP Logged
I agree they are important .

paagalhoonmain

IF-Rockerz

paagalhoonmain

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 9:34am | IP Logged
just today i came 2 know tht my gut feelings are almost always right,but still,i wud say logic is very very important,probably more than gut feelings,bcoz i think gut feelings r natural,which u cant hav for each nd everything,but logic can b everywhere Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top