Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 29 January 2006 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Embarrassed oh, okay, thanx for the definition, u see how educational i-f can be Wink LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "obsession with weight (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Diva

Goldie

Diva

Posted: 29 January 2006 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Hi Everyone,

Actually somehow I never ended up posting in this section even though most of the time my conversations are like debates to everyone. Anyway getting to the topic yes our society does seem to hold a certain value to being thin to the extent that many girls end up being anarexic and overly weight conscious. Part of the reason is that our eyes are adapted to considering thin as beauty. Just one look at the media shows us models who are thin and skinny and thus for most girls they aspire to loose those extra kilos. Furthermore, thin has come to symbolize good and fat bad in our society. In fact research has even shown that the defintion of beauty has altered in the past few years as the Ms.Universe every year gets thinner and thinner. So then I guess if we keep going this way do we want to vanish into air Tongue

Excercising to loose weight and staying healthy and fit is not wrong - in fact it increases our longevity.  But dieting is one of the worst ways to loose weight especially if you will starve yourself by eating salads.  I believe in the fact that the first three words of dieting are die and that really is what it does to you.  As fast as it kills weight intially, its that easy to regain it back.  So hopefully people , especially girls can try to loose weight for the right reasons with the right method and there is nothing wrong in that.  However, pressures of media and society are definetely not reasons to choose because today you are too fat, tomorrow you'll be too short or too tall or too this or that....We shouldn't try to meddle with nature too much unless its a natural way like excercising and that too for improving our own health.  What do you guys think?

Dolly

Edited by Luckiegrl - 29 January 2006 at 7:30pm

-SooSweet-

Goldie

-SooSweet-

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Everyone like to look smarter.How muchever you fight that external beauty is nothing in front of a true heart.But i always keep saying that for a first impression external beauty plays an important role.may be in later stage we go for the heart.
The reason today teen age gals are dieting is to maintain their external beauty..If they put some weight they think their image get spoiled.Their confidence level will get reduced.Ofcourse this is true..
Moreover the more you put on weight more u spoil your health .So Gym,walking not only helps in Maintaining good health but also external beauty what's wrong in it??

MOTI123

Goldie

MOTI123

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 5:08am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mkzara

i always notice how people are so obsssessed with weight. everyone is worried about being skinny and stuff and especially girls. i myself do it i mean i have lost 10 pounds in the last 2 months and i just want to lose 5 more i am a 100 pounds which isn't taht much. but i am so crazy about it and i am still better than some other girls. some of them dont eat, others r bulimic and i waa thinking what causes this obssession with weight. is it our own thoughts, is it our society or our parents or someone else. i wanna know what causes this supreme obssession that women have with their weight. for me i look at my mom's pictures and she was 90 pounds in college and i am 100 2 years before college. so its almost like i feel like i am fat and i dont want to be. i also feel that the media shows beauty is if u r extremely tall and skinny. how do u guys feel. do u obssess over weight and if yes or no why?

how u lost 10 pounds in two monthsCry tell me also. Cry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top