Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 28 January 2006 at 8:41am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mkzara

Originally posted by goth princess

im obsessed with weight, im fat! i hate it, it does so much to yr confidence Cry Embarrassed well, im not as fat as some ppl but i am fat, and its horrible
 see this is what i am talking about why the hell do we care so much why is it so important that ur weight starts messing with ur confidence and stuff.

it does, even though everyone says im not fat, but i can tell i am...u cant tell, wen im wearing my normal asian clothes, but wen i wear trousers, u can tell im fatCry

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "obsession with weight (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 28 January 2006 at 9:14am | IP Logged

im obsessed with weight, im fat! i hate it, it does so much to yr confidence Cry Embarrassed well, im not as fat as some ppl but i am fat, and its horrible
 see this is what i am talking about why the hell do we care so much why is it so important that ur weight starts messing with ur confidence and stuff.

it does, even though everyone says im not fat, but i can tell i am...u cant tell, wen im wearing my normal asian clothes, but wen i wear trousers, u can tell im fatCry

awwww Hug we are not fat just well covered.

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 28 January 2006 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
aparna (i am more comfortable w/ calling u by ur name )and goth princess(sorry i dont know ur name) u guys desi women have booty. we just weren't built to be skinny like other races. we are made to be covered well. i constantly feel fat and i am not. did u actually know that when women look at themselves they overestimate their hips and stomachs by 20% while these same women can estimate the lengths and widths and depths of boxes very easily. first what u see when look at urself isnt necessarily true. then i hate the fact that people r always telling us to be skinny. like my friend says that her aunt says karishma u r too smart, and too dark and too fat u need to lose weight and stuff otherwise no one will marry u. and that is just beyond disgusting. i just feel that society puts too much pressure on us and it ain't fair.

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 28 January 2006 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
my names harooj btw, mkzara, its in my siggy Smile
well aparna, im not exactly fat, but u know wen u see all those really slim girls, u feel yr fat...cos there so skinny, and u dont know wot u are, cos yr not fat or slim, im kinda in between, so i dunno, but i wish i was a bit more slim

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 28 January 2006 at 2:15pm | IP Logged

aparna (i am more comfortable w/ calling u by ur name )and goth princess(sorry i dont know ur name) u guys desi women have booty. we just weren't built to be skinny like other races. we are made to be covered well. i constantly feel fat and i am not. did u actually know that when women look at themselves they overestimate their hips and stomachs by 20% while these same women can estimate the lengths and widths and depths of boxes very easily. first what u see when look at urself isnt necessarily true. then i hate the fact that people r always telling us to be skinny. like my friend says that her aunt says karishma u r too smart, and too dark and too fat u need to lose weight and stuff otherwise no one will marry u. and that is just beyond disgusting. i just feel that society puts too much pressure on us and it ain't fair.

Hey Zara your explanation was very comforting . And Harooj i'm not fat either . But like i said i am not on the skinnier side . And its hard to be post 30 when your metabolism slows down .Cry

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 29 January 2006 at 12:14am | IP Logged
taking care of your health and trying not to be overweight and keeping oneself healthy with exercise is good but obsessing over it and taking extreme measures like not eating at all to fit into size 0-2 is scary. nowadays all we see are more and more skinny women on tv all the time. Be it tv commercials, shows or beauty pageants. it makes us women especially young girls between 13-18 very conscious about their weight. they forget that these are the years they need good nutrients and need to eat well instead they are becoming more weight conscious and turning anorexic and bulimic.

i was watching a rerun of will and grace few weeks back, in that will was commenting on how much weight grace has put on. debra messing who plays grace is a bulimic woman and calling her fat shows how fixated these showbiz people are about weight.

i have many friends who are obsessed with reducing weight for various reasons. major reason is not feeling appreciated or being teased by someone close like husband or siblings or other relatives. it's sad that some of the girls starve to loose few pounds and then they need treatment to be able to eat normal food.

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 29 January 2006 at 10:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Hey Zara your explanation was very comforting . And Harooj i'm not fat either . But like i said i am not on the skinnier side . And its hard to be post 30 when your metabolism slows down .Cry

well, i have no idea wot metabolism meansConfused, but, thanx for replying anywaysEmbarrassed

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 29 January 2006 at 11:23am | IP Logged

well, i have no idea wot metabolism meansConfused, but, thanx for replying anywaysEmbarrassed

metabolism means "rate" at which fat in your body breaks . So as you grow older the "rate" at which fat is breaking slows down and you end up storing more than burning.Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top