Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 26 January 2006 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
i always notice how people are so obsssessed with weight. everyone is worried about being skinny and stuff and especially girls. i myself do it i mean i have lost 10 pounds in the last 2 months and i just want to lose 5 more i am a 100 pounds which isn't taht much. but i am so crazy about it and i am still better than some other girls. some of them dont eat, others r bulimic and i waa thinking what causes this obssession with weight. is it our own thoughts, is it our society or our parents or someone else. i wanna know what causes this supreme obssession that women have with their weight. for me i look at my mom's pictures and she was 90 pounds in college and i am 100 2 years before college. so its almost like i feel like i am fat and i dont want to be. i also feel that the media shows beauty is if u r extremely tall and skinny. how do u guys feel. do u obssess over weight and if yes or no why?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "obsession with weight" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 26 January 2006 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Ya Zara i obsesses over weight too . I hate dieting so i gym out to burn caleroies . I am always concious and ask my hubby 100 times a day if i look fat .

Its mostly to do with seeing skinny people on T.V , and then when one sees skinny girls around its a snow ball effect .........i want to be thin too ...........seeing me thin the next person wants to be thin too .

Although it is important to have a healthy weight , we are obssesed with looking skinny and pretty . Its a lot to do with vanity . Smile

SuperDuper01

SuperDuper01

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 7:18am | IP Logged
well! Being fat is not a big deal........
But yeh ppl r very conce. abt thiz thing...........but really am not.......I dont care wht others say if am fat(but am nto fat) Am, a Healthy person and i dont feel like redu. my wieght ...........

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
im obsessed with weight, im fat! i hate it, it does so much to yr confidence Cry Embarrassed well, im not as fat as some ppl but i am fat, and its horrible

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
yeah a lot of people are obsessed with their weight. people just want to fit in with others and don't want to look bad for their friends. its got to do with their social things Wink

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by goth princess

im obsessed with weight, im fat! i hate it, it does so much to yr confidence Cry Embarrassed well, im not as fat as some ppl but i am fat, and its horrible
 see this is what i am talking about why the hell do we care so much why is it so important that ur weight starts messing with ur confidence and stuff.

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
yeah.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 28 January 2006 at 8:11am | IP Logged
You gotta see my sis -in law not just obsessing about her weight but commenting on mine . It throws my self confidence so completely . Cry

And i as per the chart i am not even a pound over weight . I am on the upper limit(125- 132 pounds) of what should be my ideal weight on the scale as per Height & age and BMI . Cry Cry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top