India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

who is Purab? (Page 4)

Anitha Groupbie
Anitha
Anitha

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 2:25am | IP Logged

WOW I just love this debate. Just imagine the mere 30 sec appearence by Purab Mehra has generated so much of angst and passion.

Is it any wonder the producers keep pulling him back!!???!!Big smile

lkaran Groupbie
lkaran
lkaran

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 8:52am | IP Logged
A simple question has set off a firestorm!!! Yesterday I did not know who Purab was....today, I can't wait to see how he affects the serial...thanks guys (both who love and hate him!)
lilhenna Groupbie
lilhenna
lilhenna

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 9:19am | IP Logged

Simple Question.  Simple Answer.

Purab is a gentleman who fell in love with Jassi.  She was, and still is in love with Armaan.  He kept pushing her, and he is such a darling that her family also pushed her a little into considering his proposal.  Jassi agreed to get engaged to him, but it was obvious that she was not in love with him.  He was getting egged on by his ex-girlfirend who was still in lvoe with him that Jassi would not fit into his world (He's rich...).

Purab then left Jassi prior to the engagement.

He is a very good character, that Armaan fans strongly dislike since he took the storyline on a tangent.

The way he was designed, he comes off too good, which also causes a level of angst in fans, since he is the counter to Armaan, and Armaan has been shown in a somewhat negative in the past - cheating, drinking, lying, etc.  To show Armaan's counter, as near faultless, didn't fit into the show.  Also, the way he left, was very abrupt, since there was a conflict with the actual actor.

In a nutshell, Purab was an attempt for T&D to stretch the show.

My two cents.

bas02 Goldie
bas02
bas02

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 9:31am | IP Logged
LOLLOLone simple qs has lead to so many answers! I think I agree with lilhenna's answer though
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 9:41am | IP Logged

Lilhenna, your two cents are worth much much more in terms of defining Purab's character in a non-biased way.

Wonderful explanation! Clap

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lilhenna

Purab is a gentleman who fell in love with Jassi.  She was, and still is in love with Armaan.  He kept pushing her, and he is such a darling that her family also pushed her a little into considering his proposal.  Jassi agreed to get engaged to him, but it was obvious that she was not in love with him.  He was getting egged on by his ex-girlfirend who was still in lvoe with him that Jassi would not fit into his world (He's rich...).

He is a very good character, that Armaan fans strongly dislike since he took the storyline on a tangent.

The way he was designed, he comes off too good, which also causes a level of angst in fans, since he is the counter to Armaan, and Armaan has been shown in a somewhat negative in the past - cheating, drinking, lying, etc.  To show Armaan's counter, as near faultless, didn't fit into the show.  Also, the way he left, was very abrupt, since there was a conflict with the actual actor.

My two cents.

Well said.  I think it is now time for Purab to come back in a negative shade.  Why not, it is quite fair as if it was ok to do it to Armaan's character, why not Purab's.  Why be biased?  Make Purab negative.  If Samir Soni is a secure actor then he should have no problems with it and it will bring a twist to the story.

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sshwetaa

hum sab ki jaan

jjkn ki shaan

JJKN ki shaan hain:

Jassi

Armaan

Mallika

Pari

Raj

Nandu

Papaji

Bebe

Mamaji

Bindiya, Rubymom and the gang

Aryan

Mr. Suri

Mrs. Suri

of course, Maddy

no where on this list will ever be Purab as he is not an integral part of the story.

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lilhenna

My two cents.

I love your explanation, but may I rephrase here and there (in keeping with everyone's expectations as an Armaan fan who 'strongly dislikes'  PurabWink)

He kept pushing her, and he is such a darling that her family also pushed her a little into considering his proposal.

He kept pushing her, and he is so squeaky-clean and sparkling white on the outside that her family also pushed her a little into considering his proposal.

He was getting egged on by his ex-girlfirend who was still in lvoe with him that Jassi would not fit into his world (He's rich...).

He was allowing himself to get brainwashed without putting up even the semblance of a fight by his ex-girlfirend who was still in lvoe with him that Jassi would not fit into his world (He's rich...).

Purab then unceremoniously, without warning, without conscience, without even showing his face, dumped Jassi prior to the engagement.

He is a Goody-Two-Shoes character, that Armaan fans strongly dislike since he took the storyline on a tangent.

The way he was designed, he comes off too good, which also causes a level of angst in fans, since he is the counter to Armaan, and Armaan has been shown in a somewhat negative in the past - cheating, drinking, lying, etc.

The way he was designed, he comes off unbelievably and fantastically good, which also causes a level of angst in fans, since he is the counter to Armaan, and Armaan has been shown in a somewhat negative in the past - cheating, lying, etc. (I'm sorry, Armaan has NOT been portrayed as a drunk. He may take to drinking later, as per BLF, to get over Jassi's desertion.)

Go to top