Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

queenbee thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Originally posted by: lilhenna

Simple Question.  Simple Answer.

Purab is a gentleman who fell in love with Jassi.  She was, and still is in love with Armaan.  He kept pushing her, and he is such a darling that her family also pushed her a little into considering his proposal.  Jassi agreed to get engaged to him, but it was obvious that she was not in love with him.  He was getting egged on by his ex-girlfirend who was still in lvoe with him that Jassi would not fit into his world (He's rich...).

Purab then left Jassi prior to the engagement.

He is a very good character, that Armaan fans strongly dislike since he took the storyline on a tangent.

The way he was designed, he comes off too good, which also causes a level of angst in fans, since he is the counter to Armaan, and Armaan has been shown in a somewhat negative in the past - cheating, drinking, lying, etc.  To show Armaan's counter, as near faultless, didn't fit into the show.  Also, the way he left, was very abrupt, since there was a conflict with the actual actor.

In a nutshell, Purab was an attempt for T&D to stretch the show.

My two cents.

I love your explanation, but may I rephrase here and there (in keeping with everyone's expectations as an Armaan fan who 'strongly dislikes'  PurabπŸ˜‰)

He kept pushing her, and he is such a darling that her family also pushed her a little into considering his proposal.

He kept pushing her, and he is so squeaky-clean and sparkling white on the outside that her family also pushed her a little into considering his proposal.

He was getting egged on by his ex-girlfirend who was still in lvoe with him that Jassi would not fit into his world (He's rich...).

He was allowing himself to get brainwashed without putting up even the semblance of a fight by his ex-girlfirend who was still in lvoe with him that Jassi would not fit into his world (He's rich...).

Purab then left Jassi prior to the engagement.

Purab then unceremoniously, without warning, without conscience, without even showing his face, dumped Jassi prior to the engagement.

He is a very good character, that Armaan fans strongly dislike since he took the storyline on a tangent.

He is a Goody-Two-Shoes character, that Armaan fans strongly dislike since he took the storyline on a tangent.

The way he was designed, he comes off too good, which also causes a level of angst in fans, since he is the counter to Armaan, and Armaan has been shown in a somewhat negative in the past - cheating, drinking, lying, etc.

The way he was designed, he comes off unbelievably and fantastically good, which also causes a level of angst in fans, since he is the counter to Armaan, and Armaan has been shown in a somewhat negative in the past - cheating, lying, etc. (I'm sorry, Armaan has NOT been portrayed as a drunk. He may take to drinking later, as per BLF, to get over Jassi's desertion.)

bas02 thumbnail

queenbee: he is so squeaky-clean and sparkling white on the outside

but queenbee i like my guys to be clean, don't u?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

munizaaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: gigli

This is the best description of Purab I have ever read.πŸ˜†

heeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooo they were boy friend girlfriend if none of u have noticed!!!!!

queenbee thumbnail
Originally posted by: bas02

queenbee: he is so squeaky-clean and sparkling white on the outside

but queenbee i like my guys to be clean, don't u?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

So do IπŸ˜› ...

this sentence would have made a lot more sense if I had described what was exactly on the INsideπŸ˜†... unfortunately, i am bound by the CyberCrime & IT Act of India (2000) .. and as a decent and law-abiding citizen of my country, must refrain from doing so😊
queenbee thumbnail
Originally posted by: munizaaa

heeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooo they were boy friend girlfriend if none of u have noticed!!!!!

But Munizaa, that's exactly what we've been trying to say all along. Jassi and Purab were girlfriend and boyfriend. She's the girl, hence she's the girlfriend. He's the boy(πŸ˜•), hence he's the boyfriend. They were friends. Good friends. She the girl and he the boy. It's all so simple!!
bas02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: queenbee

So do IπŸ˜› ...

this sentence would have made a lot more sense if I had described what was exactly on the INsideπŸ˜†... unfortunately, i am bound by the CyberCrime & IT Act of India (2000) .. and as a decent and law-abiding citizen of my country, must refrain from doing so😊

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ok ok, u carry on being a good citizen then! I'm keeping an eye on u queenbee!!πŸ˜†

MR2006 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Minnie

Queenbee.....will u please stop it!!! I can't laugh anymoreπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I was answering the simple question put forth by the person who wrote the first post through my own perspective. What was the point of all this lols? It doesn't really change anything.(Same is the case for my opinions that I experess about ArmaanπŸ˜†).

Purab is very perfect and he's anything but boring. The actor was asked to be back in the show. Does that clear some of the misunderstandings?

queenbee thumbnail
Originally posted by: MR2006

I was answering the simple question put forth by the person who wrote the first post through my own perspective. What was the point of all this lols? It doesn't really change anything.(Same is the case for my opinions that I experess about ArmaanπŸ˜†).

Purab is very perfect and he's anything but boring. The actor was asked to be back in the show. Does that clear some of the misunderstandings?

No.. not reallyπŸ˜‰

and do have some 'pointless lols' yourself... they're free and they're good for health. here, take these  -----> lol lol lol lol lol

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Deli thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Queenbee....

I don't even know where to begin describing how much I love your posts, so I'll just use a few words to sum them up. 

Your posts are:

amazing, astounding, breathtaking, excellent, exquisite, fantastic, hilarious, incredible, legendary, marvellous, outstanding, phenomenal, remarkable, spectacular, splended, stunning, superb, top-notch, wondeful, simply just....WOW!!  And it's not just a few posts, they've ALL had their special moments! You deserve a trophy for this, so I'm presenting you with a digital one:

Edited by Deli - 19 years ago
lilhenna thumbnail

"The way he was designed, he comes off unbelievably and fantastically good, which also causes a level of angst in fans, since he is the counter to Armaan, and Armaan has been shown in a somewhat negative in the past - cheating, lying, etc. (I'm sorry, Armaan has NOT been portrayed as a drunk. He may take to drinking later, as per BLF, to get over Jassi's desertion.)"

I specifically remember Armaan getting drunk when trying to seduce Jassi, because he thought she was so ugly.

He has also been shown with a drink in his hand on many occassions, especially when he was at some offsite location flirting with some model behind his fiancee's back.

Armaan, if not a drunk, IMO is at the least a heavy drinker.