What does Republic Day mean to you ? Does

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hi Debators i know i am late in posting this .........but i wasn't getting any ideas .
My debate .....semi discussion topic is " What does this special day mean to you as an Indian ?????? Has the meaning of this day changed over the years since 1950 - the day our constitution was written ???? Also all of you of Indian origin do you feel as Indians as WE all do ??

Come lets remember our beloved Country . Many of us are sitting Oceans apart remembering our days in India , while many Indians haven't ever lived in India , but still hold the patriotism and love we Indians feel this day .

Lets salute India and this day remember nothing but that we are INDIANS first .........and Hindus, Muslims , Sikhs , South Indians , North Indians , Bengalis or Bombayites .

JAI HIND 😛
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heart girl thumbnail
umm...mere khyal mein it was a great day... coz constitution ke likhne se saari inequalities door kardi gayi thi.. sub religion, castes .... subko "equal" rights mil gaye....
uss waqt logon ke mann mein ek baar yeh feeling zaroor aayi hogi ki haan ... aaaj hum azaad hain.. angrez to 2 saal pehele hi chale gaye the but uss din hawa mein kuch orr hi fresness hogi.. u noe panchiyon ki tarah udne ki .. kuch karne ki.. anyways i was getting oof topic
Its meaning has not changed over years.. Indian ppl still celebrate it with that enthusiam.. well sum ppl wait for this day to pay homage to those who lost thier lives fighting for inpendence.. nd coz of that we have our country free and coz of them we have a democratic country now.. but for sum ppl.. its an arrival of holiday ofcourse.. but i m happy that all the schools in India celebrate this day ... students actually know the importance nd they actually value the lives of those who fought for independence.. i m proud of them 👏 👏
doux thumbnail
this is da most imp day of our history apart from ind day,ofcourse .we r so proud today dat v r da world's biggest democracy and it was today dat d constitution was written and approved.
i cant really write dat well....but all i wanna say is am very happy to be an indian and i feel blessed dat am born into dis wonderful country

u might hav travelled da entire world but theres no place likeindia!
heart girl thumbnail
actually it was completed on nov 26, 1948 but it was put into use on jan 26, 1949 nd there was a reason behind it ..the story was sumthing like this.. there were two type of ppl/groups (i cnt remember wat they were called' tey had special names) ; one grup blvd in voilence nd other dint. the ppl who blvd in violence (they thought independence cud b achieved only thru fighting )they declared this day as thier independence(jan 26) day ( i don remeber wat year they started that)even though they werent independent they use to celebrate this day as independence day...so keeping in mind the importance of this day.. they decided to put the constitution in use on this day..
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: heart girl

actually it was completed on nov 26, 1948 but it was put into use on jan 26, 1949 nd there was a reason behind it ..the story was sumthing like this.. there were two type of ppl/groups (i cnt remember wat they were called' tey had special names) ; one grup blvd in voilence nd other dint. the ppl who blvd in violence (they thought independence cud b achieved only thru fighting )they declared this day as thier independence(jan 26) day ( i don remeber wat year they started that)even though they werent independent they use to celebrate this day as independence day...so keeping in mind the importance of this day.. they decided to put the constitution in use on this day..

The two groups u are talking about are the Exteremists and the Moderates .😊

Extremists had members like Tilak & Bose . While the Moderates had members like Gokhale . Gandhiji obvsiously preffered the Moderates peacefull style.😊
heart girl thumbnail
Thanks for reminding.. i was thinking mod sumthing.. nd i rote Moderators first nd then i was like it sound rite..
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: heart girl

Thanks for reminding.. i was thinking mod sumthing.. nd i rote Moderators first nd then i was like it sound rite..

No problems although my polital science has got a bit rusty . but this was basics from my B.A (Hon) days.😊