queenbee thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

The episode begins with Simran sitting and crying alone in her room. Abhi's mom enters softly with Gudiya in her arms, and Rashmi close behind. Abhi's ma pleads with Simran, "Ab yehi tumhari Gudiya hai! You are her mother! Please take her in your arms – you need each other so much! Where God gives pain, he also gives the strength to bear that pain. Please – don't think! I am leaving her here with you. Remember that this is also what Neha wanted…" Simran says fiercely that she CAN'T do it! She shrieks to them to take Gudiya away from her. It's a very poignant scene where everyone's eyes are wet with emotion😭. Abhi's mom begs Simran to reconsider but Simran tells them with folded hands to take Gudiya away. Abhi's mom drags herself away from the room while Simran cries out loud for her bachchi... this can't be my Aastha.. this can't be my Aastha! Rashmi hugs her sister and comforts her, both of them in tears… while Simran keeps repeating that this just can't be her Aastha…

Abhi's ma returns to the living room with a heavy heart, where she tells everyone present that Simran doesn't want Gudiya. Abhi's dad is confused and wants to know what on earth Simran is thinking..😕 Abhi's ma weeps that she thought Simran would have been happy to embrace Gudiya as her own. Abhi's pa regrets that Simran is imprisoning herself within her worries. Saurabh is worried about leaving Simran alone. Everyone looks defeated. Dr. Brian announces that Simran is in no condition to listen to anyone, and that they shouldn't be sad – as this is definitely not an easy situation. Pranay then requests Abhi's mom not to take Gudiya away, to let her stay on at Simran's… maybe this is what it will take to give Simran her peace. Dr. Brian seconds that, but Saurabh hesitates, saying that he doesn't think Simran can forget Aastha's 'ghum', and besides - who would take care of her? Rashmi volunteers but Saurabh is not convinced, saying she is too young. Abhi speaks up – he says that Gudiya will be taken care of by the same person who took care of Aastha. He takes Gudiya in his arms while Saurabh tries to stop him in his tracks by insisting that Simran is in no condition to take of her. Abhi tells him firmly that he knows what he is doing. He goes into the kitchen where Shaguna looks askance at him, stuttering out loud if he needs milk for the baby… The others reach the scene and watch while Abhi tells Shaguna that he is giving her the responsibility of taking care of his daughter, that Aastha's departure has left a gaping hole in this house, and that once Gudiya starts staying there Simran WILL start loving her. Shaguna is overwhelmed with the faith and trust Abhi put in her and Abhi assures her that she is the only one who can raise Gudiya well. Shaguna is speechless and takes Gudiya lovingly, with tears in her eyes. Abhi tells her gently to bring up Gudiya the way she did Aastha. They arrange for milk bottles from Abhi's mom. Shaguna kisses Gudiya lovingly and holds her and stares at her like she can't believe what a treasure she's found.

Back in the living room, Saurabh and Abhi exchange a long, meaningful look. Saurabh looks distressed, as if he can't believe everything Abhi is doing for Simran, and is as usual, unable to express how grateful he feels. Abhi just looks back at him with equanimity, silently acknowledging Saurabh's emotional upheaval. Rashmi tells her father that Abhi has done what he did "dil pe patthar rakh kar"… and that we must trust God and leave it all to Him now.

Once again, when Simran is alone in her room, Rashmi brings up some food for her to eat and offers it to her gently. Simran just twists her face and looks away. Rashmi scolds her as to why she is doing this to which Simran says shortly that she isn't hungry. Rashmi tells her that she knows it's very difficult and that she can't even say anything to her.. but she must, somehow, muster the courage to live and move on with her life. Simran cries that she had only one goal in her life – Aastha.. that she wanted nothing else, and there was nothing left in her life.. Rashmi reminds her of Saurabh, and that Simran as his darling daughter is the purpose of her Papa's life. She tells Simran how much Saurabh suffers when she cries, and at his age, all that exertion can't be good for him – and that he had agreed to have his meal only when Rashmi had promised that she would make sure Simran eats too. Rashmi begs Simran to make an effort and offers to feed her. Just then, Simran hears Gudiya's high-pitched wails from downstairs and her ears perk up. She worriedly announces that a child somewhere is crying! Troubled by the cries, she follows the sound downstairs and meets Saurabh. She barely finished asking him who is crying when she rushes into the kitchen. Saurabh asks Pranay if he should follow her but Pranay says no. Simran enters the kitchen and sees Gudiya in Shaguna's arms. Astounded to see Gudiya and building up into a temper, she harshly rebukes Shaguna – What is THIS, Shaguna? What is SHE doing here??? Who kept her here? YOU??? Without waiting for a reply, she flounces out of the kitchen and confronts Saurabh, demanding to know who brought Gudiya back. Pranay begs Simran to make Gudiya her own, that the little child will cure her misery. Rashmi supports Pranay and says that it is God's will. Saurabh tells her it will give her peace of mind. Simran is enraged to hear this and asks Saurabh if she herself was dispensable… were she to die tomorrow, would he ever start loving someone else as his own daughter?… and the answer is NO, isn't it! Pranay interjects that Gudiya needs a mother, and Simran needs to love the little one… Simran cries out that life is not always about adjustments and compromises, and that her pain will NOT lessen, rather it will increase. She says that she will herself talk to Abhi's mom and dad to take Gudiya back and determinedly goes over to call them on the phone. Fortunately or unfortunately, the rings go unanswered. Simran bangs down the receiver and reiterates that she will NOT accept Gudiya. Pranay begs her again to let Gudiya stay, saying that this is also what Abhi wants. Simran says that whoever left her here should take care of her too, and that Gudiya is not her concern anymore. She leaves the room looking very upset. Saurabh lets out a deep breath and shakes his head, saying that he knew it, she would never accept Gudiya. Pranay says quietly that it is her pain which will be her salvation. He then cautions Shaguna and the others to be very "samajhdaar" and careful around Simran.

It is night-time. Sonu is sleeping peacefully in his bed, while Manas who is awake, is ruminating. He hesitates a while, then picks up the phone and calls Riya. We can only hear his end of the telephonic conversation, which goes something like this - "Hi!!.. Just like that… I have decided to come there to where you are… Yes, I will talk to Sonu…Yes I'm sure… That's it. I'll call you later… I love you too! Take care! Bye." The same night, Abhi is lying on his bed, thinking of Neha. His gaze rests on Neha's framed photograph on the mantelpiece. He stares deeply at it and sighs... "Where have you gone and left me and your daughter alone? Where have you gone? Where?" Meanwhile, back at Simran's house, Simran is weeping silent tears into her pillow. Saurabh stands at the doorway, knowing his daughter is in pain, feeling frustrated and helpless… he bites his lip to stop from saying anything and hesitates. Eventually he forces himself to leave the room as quietly as he had come.

The next scene is thankfully, a happy one.😊 Shaguna is giving baby Gudiya a wholesome massage, with Rashmi sitting next to her and chattering away enthusiastically. Shaguna is obviously stirred by the presence of the new baby in the house and talks to her soothingly, "Gudiya baby healthy ho jaayegi! She is so cute, her little-little hands and feet!!"😊 Rashmi chides her to be softer and Shaguna retorts that it isn't the first time she is massaging a baby, now IS it!😆 The phone rings and it's Abhi's ma at the other end. She asks Rashmi about Gudiya and Rashmi happily answers that Gudiya is getting a wonderful massage. Then Abhi's ma asks if Simran has come around, if she has said anything at all, and that she couldn't sleep all night, wondering what was going on there… Rashmi tries to be reassuring, tells her that everything will be fine. At that moment, Simran comes in. Shaguna can't hide her obvious enjoyment and exclaims how much she and Gudiya are enjoying the massage. Simran gives her an old-fashioned look and reluctantly tells her not to blow in Gudiya's ear during bath-time. Shaguna says, "of course, I remember!! Just like Aastha! I remember how you scolded me for blowing in her ear once!" and tattles on, unmindful that Simran's face is getting redder and redder…"Gudiya loves this massage.. just like Aastha did.. and Gudiya loves it when I sing next to her face, just like Aastha did…" Simran explodes with anger and cries out passionately not to keep saying "Gudiya, Gudiya, Gudiya, and stealing away my Aastha from me!!!" and walks away heatedly… Abhi's ma, who has been on the phone all this while, hears the conversation and feels downcast, while Saurabh who has just entered the room, watches the scene with dismay😔

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vvrsun thumbnail

Looks like I am the first to respond!

Thanks for the timely update queenbee, you must have been up late to do this.👏

I have been looking since morning (US, Eastern time) for this update. In the US, Neha's pains have just started....

Vini thumbnail

Thanks for the update!👏

rat718 thumbnail
Thanks a lot for the update😊. What kind of psychatrist would try to replace a kid to lessen the mother's sorrow. Never heard of  that kind of psych theraphy before. Greiving is a natural process, that is what they need to let simiran do, not try to substitute one baby for other!😡 
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

thnx for the great update!!!

I hope Simran accepts Gudiya soon.

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rat718

Thanks a lot for the update😊. What kind of psychatrist would try to replace a kid to lessen the mother's sorrow. Never heard of  that kind of psych theraphy before. Greiving is a natural process, that is what they need to let simiran do, not try to substitute one baby for other!😡 

Absolutely!! I cud understand abhi's mom's view but Pranay.....and why are they forcing her???

I don't know 

A child is really not dispensable.If she is really not ready,why force her!!

At least allow her to grieve in peace fpor sometime!!

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
 Oh Queenbee,sorry,that was a beautiful update!!
principessa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Gr8 update queenbee ...

I agree, it's not logical to force her to accept the child.. and so soon after she discovered her own child's dismiss!!