Page   of 8
Page 8 Page 8

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 4:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maaneet-is-best

Glad that I am not the only one confused.  Thank you Hug

LOL  M not confused about the rule.. but the way its being implemented ... Confused LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KyunkiImafanGiraffidaeundisclosed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "need help - read pg 8 (Page 7)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Giraffidae

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 4:23am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Armu4evaKyunkiImafanundisclosed

undisclosed

IF-Addictz

undisclosed

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged

@Suvi7884...we know that it takes 18 posts to increase a page...we have actualy countedEmbarrassed...we try to keep as much track as possible so that when we raise these kinds of concerns we know why we say them...our pages are not moving in relation to the # of topics openned...and many members have noticed their topics dissapear...mr vijay has said that their is an optimization of the database going on in batches (see page one)...which proves that our concerns were well founded...and now we would like to know if the said optimization is done...the FF's issue is actualy an extention of the TM's original question...and we are clear on that rule...though not clear why all forum's do not have to implement it the way we do...

Edited by undisclosed - 24 October 2011 at 7:11am

Armu4evaKyunkiImafanGiraffidae

Smileyface

Viewbie

Smileyface

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by undisclosed

@Suvi7884...we know that it takes 18 posts to increase a page...we have actualy countedEmbarrassed...we try to keep as much track as possible so that when we raise these kinds of concerns we know why we say them...our pages are not moving in relation to the # of topics openned...and many members have noticed their topics dissapear...mr vijay has said that their is an optimization of the database going on in batches (see page one)...which proves that our concerns were well founded...and now we would like to know if the said optimization is done...the FF's issue is actualy an extention of the TM's original question...and we are clear on that rule...though not clear why all forum's do not have to implement it the way we do...

with the posts missing...it is only vijay who can confirm that =) and like he said i guess they are doing the optimization so thats affecting the posts on the forum! (WOW 18 posts is a page??) did not know that! pretty cool! but yeah back to the thing...i think vijay is the only one who can talk to everyone about that. But with the ff's, the reason they get moved is cause there are so many on that..so once its a certain amount...they get moved...and like suvi pointed out...its not just geet forum but many other forums have that too...so with that i dont think anything can be done...because that is a rule that DT of that forum decides...so i guess u would have to talk to them if u want a change in that?! So PM the mod/DT of geet forum i guess? cause from what i understood its the DT's decision and im sure they have a certain rules they abide by and i guess one of them is...move ffs if they over flow. I hope this thing gets solved soon cause even though im not a avid member of the geet forum...im sure it must be horrible to go through that..i would be upset too if my forum did that. Also i saw geet forum has three thousand pages...that is some serious dedication!! =)

KyunkiImafanGiraffidaeundisclosed

undisclosed

IF-Addictz

undisclosed

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Smileyface

Originally posted by undisclosed

with the posts missing...it is only vijay who can confirm that =) and like he said i guess they are doing the optimization so thats affecting the posts on the forum! (WOW 18 posts is a page??) did not know that! pretty cool! but yeah back to the thing...i think vijay is the only one who can talk to everyone about that. But with the ff's, the reason they get moved is cause there are so many on that..so once its a certain amount...they get moved...and like suvi pointed out...its not just geet forum but many other forums have that too...so with that i dont think anything can be done...because that is a rule that DT of that forum decides...so i guess u would have to talk to them if u want a change in that?! So PM the mod/DT of geet forum i guess? cause from what i understood its the DT's decision and im sure they have a certain rules they abide by and i guess one of them is...move ffs if they over flow. I hope this thing gets solved soon cause even though im not a avid member of the geet forum...im sure it must be horrible to go through that..i would be upset too if my forum did that. Also i saw geet forum has three thousand pages...that is some serious dedication!! =)
you said it hershi...we are still waitingOuch

Prinsesse.Suvi

IF-Sizzlerz

Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Originally posted by Suvi7884

But not all forums are that crowded with FFs that they have to be moved..

How can there be a RULE with EXCEPTIONS.. whats the point in having Rules then??  LOL
You know, the rule is that i comes before e except after c
All rules have exceptions!Big smileLOL
Anyways, now look, IPKKND has also got that FF rule implemented...because, the same thing's happening there...too many FFs that are pushing back the discussion topics...but in forums like Havan or DLMH, there's barely any people, so FFs don't need to get moved..they're happy where they areLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaSmileyfaceKyunkiImafanGiraffidaeundisclosed

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suvi7884

You know, the rule is that i comes before e except after c
All rules have exceptions!Big smileLOL
Anyways, now look, IPKKND has also got that FF rule implemented...because, the same thing's happening there...too many FFs that are pushing back the discussion topics...but in forums like Havan or DLMH, there's barely any people, so FFs don't need to get moved..they're happy where they areLOL

We can discuss the English Alphabets and Thesauras all we want... it still doesnt change the fact..that.. a rule with exception is no rule at all EmbarrassedLOL

I m not concerned with which forum is fast n which is slow...! We are talking on principles here.. n we will get it settled if IF so desires to be FREE n FAIR Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

KyunkiImafanAmoureuxhopehotGiraffidaeundisclosed

Giraffidae

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 25 October 2011 at 1:50am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Amoureux

Post Reply New Post

Go to top