Debate Mansion

Underage Driving!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 26 January 2006 at 6:36am | IP Logged
When I used to be in India teens were not allowed to drive two-wheeler and four-wheeler till they were 18 all by themselves. However, due to liberal law there were lots of kids in my higher secondary school that used to drive these vehicles. And there are tons of parents who are ok with having their 14-15 years old drive vehicles without permit.

My question to debators…do you think it's ok to drive without driving license? (doesn't matter India, US, UK..anywhere…)!! Do you think its not a big deal! If anyone to be blamed do you think parent should be blamed more for allowing kids to drive without license? Or kids should be blamed for not listening! I will give my views later.

Edited by sowmyaa - 26 January 2006 at 6:49am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Underage Driving!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 26 January 2006 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Sowmyaa, good topic.
I dont the blame is on both parents and kids. Espcially the parents when they buy them a vehicle before the timeline set.
But I also think the age limit should be reduced in india maybe to 16, Of course without license is not good but India is so corrupt you can get away with it so easily. Maybe they should clamp down on this and control.
Some more thoughts -

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Yes, Rindam..its so easy to get license in india due to corruption. And I have seen teens driving racklessly during that age....even I know i used to be rackless driver and its just that age....now I won't dare to drive like this am just scared....!so I guess 18 years is fine with me they can still 've 16 yr old driving with guardian so thats fine. But i think I would blame more on Parents who let their kids drive at such age. I remember I was the only one in my whole school probably who was not allowed to drive as i didn't 've license Cry and it was like torture... i hated my dad like anything that i still remember Wink but now i think it was good that he stick to his decision 'coz that also thought me to follow rules which is imp. lesson to learn in one's life. Kids at that age don't know anything and they can't be blame much.

Did you read about that accident in Florida yesterday? 15 year old was driving with 7 siblings in the car and met with accident and all kids were dead and STILL foster mother (i think) says that my daughter was not in fault ....how can there be parents who let their kids drive at young age and still support them.! Angry

sabz_m

Goldie

sabz_m

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 6:07am | IP Logged
i think underage driving is a bad thing. cos it causes accidents n young drivers r reckless. but in some countries there is so much corruption that it can't be stopped. well i guees it can be stopped but would take a long time.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top