Page 1 of 152

Page 1
Page   of 152
Page 2 Page 152

Bluefalls

IF-Rockerz

Bluefalls

Posted: 01 October 2011 at 2:44am | IP Logged

Welcome To The New Adobe Of Rajeevians...The 82nd RKFC...This Is Our New Home...Where We Can Talk Day In & Day Out About One Person Who Means The World To Us...In The World There May Be Zillions Of People Residing, But In Our Hearts Only This One Person Resides & He Rules Our Hearts..& This Man Is None Other Than, Our Sweet, Humble, Modest, Honest, Dedicated, One In A Million, Actor Mr. Rajeev Khandelwal...

Sound, It Is Something Which A Person Cannot Image His Life Without...Sound It What A Person Hears..Whether It Is The Chiming Of The Bells Or The Tinkling Of Anklets Or The Sound Of Machinery Or  Vehicles, Everything Has A Sound..Each & Everything Creates A Sound..Even When We Talk The Words That Leave Our Mouth Form A Sound...Yes There Is No Life Without Sound But Still There Are People Who Though Unable To Hear Still Live Their Life Fully..& This Is What Soundtrack Is All About...

What Happens When A Person Who Can Hear, Suddenly One Day Goes Deaf. What Happens When The Person Becomes Hearing Impaired. A Man Who Could Hear Sounds Till Yesterday, Suddenly Goes  From Hearing Everything To Hearing Nothing, What Happens Then...How Does He Deal With This Handicap, This Is The Story Of Soundtrack...A Story Which Takes The Audience & Viewers On A Journey Of Roller- Coaster Ride Of Emotions, Of Tears, Pain, Feelings Along With DJ Raunak Kaul, Played By Our Very Own Rajeev Khandelwal...

Having A Disability/Handicap, Is It The End Of Life..When A Person Comes Across Such Situations In His Or Her Life Is It The End Of Their Life, Is It The Dead End For The Person..No Being Disabled  Or Handicapped Is Not The End Of Life, It Is Not The End Of The Road & It Is Not The Dead End..& This Is What The Movie Soundtrack Teaches All Of Us..Soundtrack Teaches Us That It Is Never A Disability, But The Ability In One's Will Power Is What That Counts..Soundtrack Shows That Though Life May Come With Ups & Downs, Life May Come With Hurdles & Difficulties, Life May Come With Any Disability, Any Handicap , But Nothing Is Impossible...Soundtrack Via The Medium Of DJ Raunak Kaul Teaches Us The Precious Lessons Of Life, Where It States Life Can Be Picked Up From Anywhere & Started From The Scratch, All You Need Is The Will To Live, The Will To Fight...Through The Medium Of Cinema On The Big Screen Soundtrack Is Going To Teach Us Exactly That...

See Life In A Different Perspective...& New Life Will Welcome You... This Is What Is The Message In The Movie...

Soundtrack, Music From The Soul, They Say 'Log Apne Kaano Se Sunnthe Hai, Lekin Isne Aankhon Se Sunn Liya'...& This Is DJ Raunak Kaul Life..From Being A Flamboyant Casanova, Surrounded With  Women, Drugs & Alchohol, Life Takes A 'U' Turn & Leaves Him Hearing Impaired...How He Overcomes This Is All About Soundtrack...People Say You Have To Feel The Music To Understand The Depths Of It &  DJ Raunak, Though Unable To Hear From His Ears, Feels The Music From His Heart & This Gives Him A New Direction & Clears Of His Soul...Suno Matt Mehsoos Karo, Is What Gauri Tells Raunak Aur Sangeet Ko Mehsoos Karke, Raunak Zindagi Jee Gaya...

We Have Rajeev Khandelwal Portraying The Character Of DJ, Raunak Kaul...Rajeev Khandelwal A Man Known For His Choice Of Work & Also For His Utmost Dedication Towards His Work...For Us  Rajeevians If Rajeev Khandelwal Is There In A Movie, We Would Go To See It No Matter What...But This Time Rajeev Has Been Impressing The Normal Audiences Too...People Who Are Seeing The Promos,  Hearing To The Songs Have Very Good Things To Say About Rajeev..Rajeev A Person Who Does Everything Perfectly, Has Put His Time, His Effort, His Heart & His Soul In The Character Of DJ  Raunak Kaul...Do Not Forget To Catch The Movie At The Nearest Theater On The 7th Of October 2011... 

Hear To Music From DJ Raunak Kaul's Point Of View... Soundtrack Means Music, Music Which Touches One's Heart & Soul...Rajeev Always Touches Our Hearts With His Performances, So Do Not Forget  The 'D' Day '7th October 2011'...It Is A Opportunity For Us To See Our Favorite Actor Back On The Big Screen...The Movie Also Stars Soha Ali Khan & Mrinalini Sharma...

Soundtrack - 7th October 2011 Don't Miss It... Till Then Eat, Breathe, Smile, Live Rajeev...         

The image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The image

Edited by saheli2610 - 16 October 2011 at 12:52am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Amor.Sumi_162710MysticRiverOliveWellingtonspvd

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Happy B'day Rajeev~Celebrations Begin~Pg-68 & 70~" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Bluefalls

IF-Rockerz

Bluefalls

Posted: 01 October 2011 at 2:44am | IP Logged

A Insight Into The Movie - Soundtrack

Sa re ga ma, the well known music company, has now entered the field of film production and distribution. Their home production, 'Soundtrack', is almost ready for release. The film is an official remake of the award winning film, 'It's all gone Pete Tong'. Based on a true story, the film is about a DJ who goes deaf at the peak of his career. Soundtrack revolves around the life of a struggling musician Raunak (Rajeev Khandelwal), his rise to stardom and his subsequent battle with hearing loss. Raunak a small-town musician comes to Mumbai and becomes a DJ. But when he lands his first big break in Bollywood, due to a sudden turn of events, Raunak becomes deaf. In this depressed state, he meets Soha Ali Khan, a free-spirited speech therapist who coaches him.Anurag Kashyap has a cameo in the film. Soundtrack is said to be loosely inspired by award-winning Canadian film It's All Gone Pete Tong.

The Cast & The Story

The movie has Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan and Mrinalini Sharma in the lead roles. After 'Aamir' and 'Shaitaan', Rajeev has raised people's expectations, & this movie is certainly going to be looked forward to.Based on a true story, 'Soundtrack' is about India's most prolific musician and DJ. The movie traces his alcohol, drug and sex fuelled meteoric rise, and his battles with his internal demons, and a damaging handicap. The cast also includes Mohan Kapur, Yateen Karyekar, musicians Sid Coutto and Ankur Tewari. Anuraag Kashyap will be seen in a very special role in the movie.

The music

The music for the film has been composed and performed by Midival Pundtitz and Karsh Kale.The music is rocking & is appealing to a larger target audience.Apart from a peppy track, 'What the F', by Anushka Manchanda, the album includes songs by Kailash Kher, Papon and Ankur Tewari.The album also has two remixes of classic old songs, which have been remixed keeping in mind the sensibilities of the present generation.

'Soundtrack' Releases On The 7th Of October  2011'!!!!

Edited by saheli2610 - 01 October 2011 at 2:48am

Amor.Sumi_162710MysticRiverOliveWellingtonspvd

Bluefalls

IF-Rockerz

Bluefalls

Posted: 01 October 2011 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Articles, Pictures & Videos Related To The Movie - Soundtrack

I Articles

'Soundtrack' To Be Premiered At Ahmedabad Film Fest

By MovieTalkies.com, 03 October 2011 

Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan

Soundtrack, the forthcoming flick, which revolves around a hedonistic DJ who goes deaf following a life of debauchery is to be premiered at the Ahmedabad International Film Festival on October 6, 2011.

The festival, an annual feature of Ahmedabad, started as FulMarxx Shorts Fest in 2007 and subsequently evolved into International Film Festival Ahmedabad showcasing Retrospectives, WorldCinema, Indian Panorama, Cinema of Gujarat, Children Films and Short Films.

Soundtrack starring Rajeev Khandelwal and Soha Ali Khan and produced by Saregama is an official remake of Canadian cult movie It's All Gone Pete Tong.

Saregama's 'Soundtrack' ready to woo audiences

Submitted by Vrushali Jimmy on Fri, 2011-09-0

Sa re ga ma, the well known music company, has now entered the field of film production and distribution.

Their home production, 'Soundtrack', is almost ready for release. The film is an official remake of the award winning film, 'It's all gone Pete Tong'.

The cast and the story
The movie has Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan and Mrinalini Sharma in the lead roles. After 'Aamir' and 'Shaitaan', Rajeev has raised people's expectations, and this movie is certainly going to be looked forward to.

Based on a true story, 'Soundtrack' is about India's most prolific musician and DJ. The movie traces his alcohol, drug and sex fuelled meteoric rise, and his battles with his internal demons, and a damaging handicap.

The cast also includes Mohan Kapur, Yateen Karyekar, musicians Sid Coutto and Ankur Tewari. Anuraag Kashyap will be seen in a very special role in the movie.

The music
The music for the film has been composed and performed by Midival Pundtitz and Karsh Kale.

Said Apurv Nagpal, Managing Director, Saregama, "We have in our opinion the 'Album of the year' with a dozen or so great songs. I am sure the music will rock and appeal to the target audience".

Apart from a peppy track, 'What the F', by Anushka Manchanda, the album includes songs by Kailash Kher, Papon and Ankur Tewari.

The album also has two remixes of classic old songs, which have been remixed keeping in mind the sensibilities of the present generation.

'Soundtrack' releases on October 7th.

Soundtrack

by Chaitanya Hegde (September 5, 2011)
Banner: Saregama India Ltd. & Indie Ideas 
Label: Saregama-HMV 
Music Director: Midival Punditz, Karsh Kale 
Lyrics: Vishal Vaid, Gaurav Raina & others. 

Soundtrack has an array of exciting original compositions, but what catches one's attention instantly is the inclusion of the remixes of two of Kishore Kumar's biggest songs ' Ruk Jaana Nahin (Imtihaan ) andYeh Jeevan Hain (Piya Ka Ghar). And though Suraj Jagan is earnest in his rendition of Ruk Jaana Nahin, the lack of a fresh angle to the remix makes it a tad boring. But Yeh Jeevan Hain works well due to Malini Awasthi's folksy & striking vocals.

The lyrics of Banao disappoint, but the track clicks because Papon is incredibly charming in his rendition of this languidly paced modern day devotional number. Besides the Assamese singer's raspy vocals, the only other prominent feature in this soothing number is the acoustic guitar. However it's Papon's second song in the album Naina Laagey that blows your mind. MP & KK first composed this outstanding classical song for their 2009 album Hello Hello. They blend Indian vocals & instruments seamlessly with electronic rhythms to deliver a serene almost tender love song. This one's highly recommended for your Ipod listening.

In Atomizer MP & KK fuse mainstream with the eclectic and create a kicking dance track replete with thedhol and processed vocals ' an addictive piece of music.

But the pick of the album is Ek Manzil, perhaps the only track that comes closest to being a filmi song and is somewhat similar to Pritam's compositions for the Bhatts.  Ek Manzil opens dramatically with a magnificent cello piece. MP & KK embellish this soft rock number with flashes of Indian classical music and Vishal Vaid's soulful vocals contribute immensely to its haunting appeal. The melancholic cello sound returns as the mainstay for The Soundtrack theme, an engaging instrumental piece.  Vaid also makes an appearance in Fakira, a Sufi meets electronic experimental number that's at best average.

Main Chala (Kailash Kher) is the quintessential Midival Punditz  & Karsh Kale number.  Their fans will recognize their style and love this track. With a heavy electronic-trance bed and powerful vocals by Kailash Kher, this one can get you into a hypnotic frenzy.  Designed as a potential chartbuster and in spite of singer Anushka Manchanda's best efforts, What The F fails to sizzle. But that's a tiny blemish in an otherwise refreshing and spirited album.

Verdict: Go for it!

Lyrics aim for shock value
Sep 07, 2011 - Saumya Bhatia
Age Correspondent

If Bhag Bhag DK Bose surprised you, What the F is going on? will drive you over the edge. The track from the upcoming movie Soundtrack that stars Rajeev Khandelwal and Soha Ali Khan is creating a buzz with its tongue-in-cheek number sung by Anushka Manchanda.

"What the F is going on
Can't slow down
What the F is going on
I didn't see
What the F is going on
I am fallen over, oh can't you see"
Even as Bhag Bhag DK Bose from Delhi Belly was controversial and raised questions about the use of such provocative words, What the F is going on? stands for the four-letter word which is undoubtedly the most widely used slang these days.
The track has been written and produced by Midival Punditz and Anushka. But youngsters it seems are cool with such foul-mouthed songs and say there's nothing shocking about them.
Stylist Nikhil Aggarwal finds the number pathetic. He says, "I didn't like DK Bose either, but this song has nothing going in its favour  neither the score nor the lyrics. Atleast, DK Bose was hummable, and I don't find it too controversial, in fact, there's something is missing here."
For Sakshi Sudan, professional, the song isn't a big deal. "It certainly didn't shock me, I don't think it will raise any controversies as people won't bother to raise questions. Everyone is aware what it stands for and there's no shock value attached to it."
Mohan Nahar, musician, says the track resembles Nelly Furtado's Maneater. "But the resemblance is just about it. Sadly, the chorus doesn't reach the crescendo and the song is too diluted. 'What the F' is barely noticeable. Secondly, unlike DK Bose which made a statement at our culture, this lacks punch."
Interestingly, movies today thrive on controversies and it's not surprising that people are willing to go to any length to grab attention. Himanshu Bhandari, DU student states, "Today, marketing or promoting a movie needs big money. Making a film stand apart in a bunch is a daunting task. They spend a lot more on promoting a film these days. This just follows the trend and apart from a few curious listeners it won't garner much interest."

Soundtrack is a commercial project, not underground and niche
http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1635553&TPN=20&#46460388

Rajeev is the face of intelligent cinema

His film's name is Soundtrack and Neerav Ghosh is a happy that his debut film is based on a subject that's close to his heart.

Says the filmmaker, "Back in the 90s I was too part of a band in Delhi and I was the lead guitarist in that band. So, I've seen the life of a musician from pretty close quarters and am glad that my first film that happens to be on music. I was signed on for some other projects too, but things didn't work out then! Maybe since my heart and soul was in music it is only apt that my first film is on music."

Speaking more about his film, Neerav says, "When I started out as a musician, I'll confess the cool quotient of the profession was attractive and the thought of chics adoring you, alluring! But, when on stage amid while performing amid all that loud music of different instruments, a thought always crosses a musician's mind (and it did mine too) 'what if I go deaf?' And it is this fear that gave birth to my film. And playing the lead role is Rajeev Khandelwal."

Quiz the director on his choice of actor and he says, "He just seemed so perfect for the role. Also, he's the face of intelligent, urban cinema and I knew that he'll do justice to the character I have in mind." How did he steer clear of roping in big names for his first film? He says, "I always believe that a film is made in the pre-production stage itself. If the script is strong, the plan well laid out and locations chosen in advance, then the execution of plan, which is filming, is the last part and easiest. And if this is done well, your film does well too!"

Soha - "'Soundtrack' won't offend anyone"

Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, September 06, 2011]

The image

Soha Ali Khan's 'Soundtrack' is all set for release this month and the film is expected to dwelve deep into the world of drugs, sex and rock-n-roll when it comes to urban party circuits. Since the film tells the story of a DJ (played by Rajeev Khandelwal), each of these elements does make it's presence felt in the narrative. Though the actors as well as the makers are confident that the film would appeal to the youth, a few have wondered whether Censor board would have objection to any of such of the so-called objectionable elements.

However insiders from the industry feel that 'Soundtrack' shouldn't face any issue due to a liberal stance adopted by them off late.

"It was during Sharmila Tagore's tenure itself that the Censor Board had actually become much more liberal when it came to the usage of cuss words or disturbing visuals," says a source, "Something that was considered sacrilege during the 90s pretty much became a norm during the 2000s though the lady still insisted that stricter rules were applied when it came to distinguishing an adult film from the one that was okay for public viewing.

"Exactly," a prominent filmmaker agrees, "She had been quite reasonable through her tenure and brought about quite a few positive changes."

At her end Soha too feels that 'Soundtrack' hardly has the kind of any material, whether verbal or visual, that could have faced Censor's ire.

"There may be couple of scenes where Rajeev (Khandelwal) is doing some drugs or is engaged in an act of passion. But then they are very tame portrayals of what happens in real life when you get together in such party circles where drugs, sex and rock-n-roll are part of one's life," says Soha, "I am sure when people would see the film, they won't be offended by anything whatsoever."

Well, we would like to check that ourselves when the film releases on 30th September.

Soundtrack is extremely naughty and urban

Debutant filmmaker Neerav Ghoshs dream of breaking a guitar finally came true. " I fulfilled my dream of breaking an electric guitar on the set of my film 'Soundtrack'. That was the thing I always wanted to do," says Neerav excitedly. This might be his first outing as a director but Neerav has been working in the film industry in various capacities. He wrote lyrics for the film 'Mithya'( 2008), edited and did sound design for 'Waisa Bhi Hota Hai part II'( 2003) and was assistant director on Bombay Boys ( 1998). 'Soundtrack stars Rajeev Khandelwal and Soha Ali Khan in lead roles and is a is a musical movie that follows the life journey of a musician.

Neerav considers himself a rock star in real life. " I am a rock star in real life. I had my own band in Delhi. I used to compose and sing. I had always wanted to break an electric guitar like the rock bands do at the end of their performance. But an electric guitar was very expensive so I could not afford to do so," says Neerav. Of course, being a rock star did not come too easy and Neerav had his fair share of struggle as well. " I was just twenty when I started earning my own money. I used to do shows and earn money. Later, I came to Mumbai and started struggling but honestly speaking, there was no real struggle for me. I did not have to sleep on the road or do tough things. Life was easier for me because I was making short films, music videos and then television shows," he clarifies.

Interestingly, although 'Soundtrack'is what would be considered a 'musical movie', Neerav has his own opinion on them. " I do not believe that musical movies always have success. See 'London Dreams'and 'Jashn'- both were big flops. 'London Dreams'had very big stars, but what happened? There is no formula of hit or flop. Failure and success are always there in every genre. For a musical film, the music has to be extremely good whether it be a 'Rock On'or 'Jhankar Beats'. The music of those movies were really good. The music of 'Soundtrack'is extremely naughty and urban. I have made the movie keeping the multiplex audience in mind. I already decided during the scripting process what song would feature where," says Neerav.

So lets hear what the director has to say about his hero. " The best thing about Rajeev is that he comes fully prepared.  He surrendered himself to me . Rajeev did everything that I wanted. He climbed a coconut tree after I asked him only once . He says yes to everything and is ready to help whichever way he can.  Normally, actors just do the basic things, but Rajeev did whatever I asked him to do.  The amount of hard work he has done for my movie he has not done for any movie, " concludes Neerav.

Soundtrack

Posted: Fri Sep 16 2011, 16:31 hrs

Passion gone wrong

Drama

Producer

Saregama

Director and Writer

Neerav Ghosh

Cast

Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan and Mrinalini Sharma

Release September 30

Based on a true story, the film is about a DJ who goes deaf at the peak of his career. Soundtrack revolves around the life of a struggling musician Raunak (Rajeev Khandelwal), his rise to stardom and his subsequent battle with hearing loss. Raunak a small-town musician comes to Mumbai and becomes a DJ. But when he lands his first big break in Bollywood, due to a sudden turn of events, Raunak becomes deaf. In this depressed state, he meets Soha Ali Khan, a free-spirited speech therapist who coaches him.

The buzz

* Anurag Kashyap has a cameo in the film. Soundtrack is said to be loosely inspired by award-winning Canadian film It's All Gone Pete Tong.

Soha, Rajeev promote 'Soundtrack' in Mumbai
Soha, Rajeev promote 'Soundtrack' in Mumbai
Mumbai: Bollywood actors Soha Ali Khan, Mrinalini Sharma along with television star Rajeev Khandelwal promoted their forthcoming film, 'Soundtrack,' in Mumbai on Thursday.

The actors spoke at length about the character played by them in the movie. Television star, Rajeev Khandelwal expressed his happiness about working in the film.

Khandelwal is excited about the movie as he has sung a song in it as well. The movie, shot at exotic locations in Thailand's capital, Bangkok, is directed by Neerav Ghosh.

The music of the film is composed by Gaurav Raina and Tapan Raj, prominent members of India's fusion group, 'Midival Punditz'. The film is slated for release on September 30th.

ANI

Rajeev, Soha at their movie promotion

TNN | Sep 17, 2011, 12.00AM IST

Rajeev Khandelwal sure was a lucky guy this evening - the actor had two pretty ladies for copany, while promoting his latest film.

Soha Ali Khan, dressed in distressed jeans, was in a fun mood as she interacted with the media. Mrinalini Sharma in a short blue dress posed for the shutterbugs and gave media bytes. The usually shy Rajeev, too, was overheard talking to people about his film. Film promotions do have a way of bringing out the chatterbox in you!

Soundtrack was emotionally exhausting

Mumbai: Neerav Ghosh, who is making his diretorial debut with the upcoming 'Soundtrack', says he can relate to the struggle in show-business that is depicted in the film because he has experienced it first hand.

Neerav, a musician who switched to directing music videos at an early age, worked on documentaries and TV commercials before his Bollywood debut.

"I have worked on this film for three-and-half years, acquiring remake rights of the original film ('Its all gone Pete Tong'), adapting the story for the Indian audience," Neerav said.

"It was emotionally exhausting. I know your first film takes time as you face some glitches like getting finance, etc. In my case the transfer of rights and getting finance for the film took time. But I just kept going."

'Soundtrack' is the story of a struggling musician (played by Rajeev Khandelwal), his rise to stardom, and his subsequent battle with hearing loss.

Neerav feels even the audience will be able to relate to the subject. "There are a lot of relatable things in the movie like struggle, getting back on your feet," he said.

The film also stars Soha Ali Khan, Mrinalini Sharma and Mohan Kapur. It also has a cameo by filmmaker Anurag Kashyap. It will release on September 30.

Soundtrack was emotionally taxing: Rajeev Khandelwal

Rajeev Khandelwal has proved himself with Aamir (2008) and Shaitan respectively, but his next film, Soundtrack, will see him in a new avatar, going through a series of ups and downs. The official remake of award winning cult film It's All Gone Pete Tong (2004), will release this week.
Rajeev says, "In one of DJ Raunak's (his character in the film) low phases, immediately after he loses his hearing ability, he starts to hallucinate and sees a joker around him all the time." Director Neerav Ghosh says, "The story is about the country's most prolific DJ. It traces his alcohol, drug and sex-fuelled meteoric rise, as he battles his internal demons and a damaging handicap."

Ghosh feels this track is similar to Edward Norton's role in Fight Club (1999), "Edward's role involved fighting himself, and trying to fight his own dark side. Most elevated sports, acting performances are when you challenge yourself and emerge a winner. The fight is not with people on the outside but with the inner devil."

Rajeev elaborates, "Playing an emotionally unstable character is always taxing. When Neerav told me about Raunak's hallucination, I knew it was going to be an edgy journey." How does he tackle inner demons in real life? He says, "I move on quickly." Is he referring to the delay of UTV's Peter Gaya Kaam Se? He says, "That's one of the examples. I completed shooting and dubbing for the film. It was almost complete, but something went wrong with UTV. For reasons best known to the banner, they haven't decided when to release the film and I can't stress over it endlessly. I truly believe every film has its own destiny and Peter… will find a life itself."

When Rajeev Khandelwal escaped death!

He is renowned for giving his best at whatever he does. But, Rajeev Khandelwal confesses that this quality of his, almost took his life while he was shooting for his forthcoming film 'Soundtrack'.

Elaborating on the same, Rajeev says, "It was an attempt to film a suicide scene, where my character had to wear a dynamite initially and later, he decides to jump into the swimming pool in order to save himself. As soon I had to portray a change of mind about the suicide, I jumped into the pool as per the sequence, but unfortunately landed on a plastic sheet, lying on the surface of the water."

He further adds, "I was totally wrapped in the plastic sheet with no room to breathe. Everyone on the sets was aware of my swimming skills and took it to be yet another attempt on my part to give a perfect shot. Only after a few minutes, could they smell something fishy and came to my rescue. But, trust me, had it been just a matter of a few more seconds, I might have died."

"Besides the close encounter with death, everything went smooth while shooting, in fact, it was quite a learning experience, as my co-stars and director, Neerav Ghosh have a musical background which helped me being a part of this film," he concludes.

Soundtrack's wild parties
There have been many films that have captured the wild, insane partying culture of the youth on the Indian screen in recent times.

However, Soundtrack is looking to redefine that, inspired from parties from around the world like Ibiza. Lead actor Rajeev Khandelwal, who isn't much of a party-goer set out to experience the night life.

Director Neerav Ghosh says, "With a title like Soundtrack, people will expect an film showing the wild side of a musician's life - the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. Their world is a very cool and aspirational world and it's not something we see very often in movies. We made a conscious effort to raise the bar in the portrayal of the wild parties and the effervescence of the youth. So while the plotline of the film is about a lot more than partying, it was important for me to paint a fairly true picture of the live-hard-party-harder lives of urban youngsters."

He adds, "My own credo in my younger days used to be, 'You live only once, so try everything twice.' I have been to some wild parties over the years, and a lot of what is in the film is things I've seen myself or urban legends I've heard again and again at nightclubs and parties.

Apurva Nagpal of Sa Re Ga Ma adds, "We've all grown up hearing of wild parties with international musicians, rock stars and groupies, and in Soundtrack the portrayal is well in line with what happens, something audiences will be seeing for the first time."

Soundtrack is based on a true story
TNN Sep 27, 2011, 12.00am IST])

Soundtrack, an official adaptation of All Gone Pete Tong, is based on a true story. Director Neerav Ghosh says, "Saregama's Soundtrack is the rollercoster journey of talented DJ and musician, Raunak Kaul (played by Rajeev Khandelwal).

He is diagnosed with a hearing disorder that ultimately leads to his going tone deaf. Then Gauri (played by Soha Ali Khan), herself born deaf, enters his life, and leads him from his dark state to a happier place where one day he finds a way to make music again." Ghosh explains the reason for the film's postponement: "I am very happy with the producers' decision to postpone the release by a week to October 7. As it is, here is a bit of a bloodbath in theatres on September 30 with half a dozen films releasing. A Dussehra release is a good fit with the theme of my film where my hero battles his demons to emerge triumphant despite great odds."

What's up this October?

Soundtrack, the Rajeev Khandelwal-Soha Ali Khan starrer, the official remake of It's All Gone Pete Tong, will be the opening film at Ahmedabad on October 6. The festival will be releasing five films from its programming slate in association with PVR to woo independent filmmakers.

Soha Ali Khan film 'Soundtrack' postponed
The film will now release on October 7
The release of Soha Ali Khan's upcoming film Soundtrack has been delayed by a week. It will now release next Friday, October 7. While there has been no official announcement regarding the reason, the buzz is that the step was taken after Soha's father, legendary cricketer Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, passed away. A mourning Soha was unable to participate in the film's promotional activities, which was a blow to the producers as she was the bigger draw apart from the only other known name in the film's cast, Rajeev Khandelwal. So the biggies decided to postpone the release instead. Soundtrack is the official Bollywood remake of the cult Canadian film It's All Gone Pete Tong about a musician who goes deaf. This is the second time the release has been postponed. The first time around, it was an attempt to popularise the music and give it more time to catch on. Soha revealed before her father's demise that Tiger Pataudi, who never followed Bollywood, happened to watch the trailer of Soundtrack when he was hospitalised and had really liked her work. We guess that will give her the strength to put her grief behind and promote the film. We sympathise, Soha.

Soundtrack to release on Oct 7

The release of the Soha Ali Khan and Rajeev Khandelwal starrer 'Soundtrack' has been postponed. Director Neerav Ghosh cited Soha's father Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi's demise for the same.

Soha was in the middle of the film's promotion when her father was hospitailsed. The actor continued with the promotional activities until Pataudi's death.  The producers and director took a unanimous decision of postponing the film's release, until Soha would be prepared to come out in public.

Reportedly, the actor will join the 'Soundtrack' team from next week, after the memorial service.

The film is now slated to hit the screens on October 7, as opposed to September 30.

II Pictures

The image

The image

The image

The image

The image

The image

The image

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5314/welcometab1x.jpg

The image

III Videos

Edited by saheli2610 - 03 October 2011 at 10:26am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Amor.Sumi_162710waniya_fatimaMysticRiverOliveWellingtonspvd

Bluefalls

IF-Rockerz

Bluefalls

Posted: 01 October 2011 at 2:52am | IP Logged
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Journey So Far
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TELEVISION

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kya Haadsa Kya Haqueeqt - the journey began with this...play a cop having both positive & negative shades was all about 'Raj' in Kya Haadsa Kya Kya Haqueeqat...

Kahin Tho Hoga - Sujal Garewal became the name of every household girl..the passionate, possessive lover was what every girl dreamed off having...a guy who would go to any extent for his girl  was what Kahin Tho Hoga was all about...

Sunn Ley Na - Sharim a guy sweet adorable was what he was & he won everybody's hearts with the portrayal of a simple, sweet guy...no one could escape his charm...

Time Bomb - portraying a RAW agent on a mission to save the Prime Minister. Rajeev portayed the tough guy, but with emotions, like a coconut tough on the outside & soft on the inside...but all he knew as the RAW agent was to fight against the wrong...

CID - Assitant Commisioner Of Police, Prithvi Raj Chauhan, leading the team of CID, the ACP Prithvi Raj, not only won the hearts of co CID workers but also the audience...

Left Right Left - Captain Rajveer Singh Sekhawath, a man of principles, a man of dignity, a man of honor, the journey started with Captain Rajveer on a mission to prove his best friend innocent & true to his word Captain Shekhawat fought with everything that mattered to him, until his last breath...

Sach Ka Saamna - The host of the show Rajeev Khandelwal was on a mission to make people's lifes better by making them accept their bitter truth of life...being the host Rajeev set the participant free of guilt, tears & pain..he played the perfect host.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bollywood Movies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aamir - Rajeev Khandelwal's first movie, which was out in 2008. He changed the myth that TV actors cannot be successful in Bollywood...He truly played a leader in the movie who showed way for many...The movie was critically acclaimed & it was also considered to be one of the most powerful movies in the year 2008...True to the movies title 'Aamir' he surely lead from the front...

Shaitan - Playing the suspended Cop 'Arvind Mathur', yet again Rajeev's proved his worth & acting caliber...He was considered the strength, the anchor of the movie..Rajeev with his powerful performance, made sure that Cop Arvind Mathur always remains in our hearts...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Upcoming Projects 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Soundtrack (Year -2011,October 7th 2011) 
co-stars:- Soha Ali Khan,Mrinalini Sharma 
Director:- Neerav Ghosh , Produced by : SaReGaMa India Limited

Raakh(Year-2011,October)
co-stars:- Raima Sen,Vir Das
Director:- Tanuja Chandra , Produced by Krishna Banerjee

Will You Marry Me
co-stars:- Mughda Godse, Shreyash Talpade,Muzamill Ibrahim, celina jately
Director:-Aditya Dutt , Produced by Kishan Chaudhary

J for Joker/Main Joker(Title Not Finalized Yet)
co-star:- Prachi Desai
Director :- Vikram Tulli , Produced by Kishan Chaudhary of Ikkon films

Fever
co-star:-Gemma Atkinson
Director :- Rajeev Jhaveri, produced by:Ravi Agarawal

Peter Gaya Kaam Se?
co-star:-Lekha Washington Director:- John Owen, Produced by UTV Spotboy

Tainaat ?
Director:- Ehsan Hyder, Produced by Nariman Irani

Sach Ka Saamna Season 2 (On Television)

Super Cars (On Television)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Awards & Achievements
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fresh new face - Indian Telly Awards (2004)

Best TV Personality - Indian Telly Awards (2004) 
Favorite jodi (with co-star Aamna shariff for Kahin to hoga) - Indian Telly Awards(2004)

Favorite jodi (with co-star Aamna shariff for Kahin to hoga) -Star Parivar Awards (2004)

Best TV Personality - Indian Telly Awards (2005) 

Most stylish Actor - MTV Style Awards (2005)

Most stylish Anchor - MTV Style Awards (2006)

Best Actor in a Cameo role (for CID) - Aap jaisa koi Awards (2006)

Best Actor (for Left Right Left) - Sansui Awards (2007)

Best Actor (for Left Right Left) - Gold Awards (2007)

Special Recognition ~ Rotary Award (2008)

Special Felicitation - Indian Telly Awards (2008)

Best Anchor for 'Sach Ka Saamna' - Indian Telly Awards (2009)

Favorite Host for ' Sach Ka Saamna' - Star Parivar Awards (2010)

Best Anchor for 'Sach Ka Saamna' - Indian Television Academy Awards (2010)

Youth Icon Award - Big Rajasthan Achievers Awards (2011)

Edited by saheli2610 - 04 October 2011 at 1:07am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sur_10Sumi_162710MysticRiverspvd

Bluefalls

IF-Rockerz

Bluefalls

Posted: 01 October 2011 at 3:01am | IP Logged
~~~~~Members List~~~~~

1.farislove - Zee

2.nram

3.basanti_diya

4..Rabi.(Rabi)

5.ruksaar_khan(ruksaar)

6.nailaqureshi

7.angelic eyes(yojnaa)

8.angeliclooks_me

9.ANKESH --> (bravehearted)

10.starbellz_21

11.kiran_sherry(kiran dii)

12.S a r a h

13.NidaRajeev (nida)

14.lrl rocks(vaishu)

15.sanaa_firoz

16.shareen

17.mahek-e-gulab(pooja)

18.neetaldesai

19.emms

20.brid(Mahi)

21.nyle

22.vivacious virgo

23.   pinka_anshu(priyanka)

24.anitathebest

25.ambrinaltaf

26.sujalkideewani

27.togepe30 (Vandana)

28.   nazrinkhan (nazu)

29.maroon

30.janubaba253

31.ums5

32.*mansibhatia*

33.rajeev_crazy

34.minnee

35.Naina_lrl

36.yyy

37.CINDRELLA(Preeti)

38.Paru_M

39.amail1601

40.a_b

41.   riya_03

42.   Rajeev Aamna<33

43.   surbhi 01

44.   soniya_1010

45.   4ever urs

46.   sunaina02

47.   divyalrl

48.   riya_03

49.   rajeev-bigfan(Neha)

50.   Binky

51.   .sriti

52.   bhaktikaushal

53.   **maham**

54.   NaVy1985

55.   ranjitha

56.   violence_peace

57.   Souma.N

58.   Asha_36

59.   iqjaz

60.   Uudee(Chandni)

61.   dramaholic(Dilbagh)

62.   rajeev_deewani

63.   Barnali di

64.   Trups di

65.   me2kool

66.   captain_ranveer

67.   cool_subha2006

68.   komalsirwani

69.   salluranifan

70.   violence_peace

71.   Sweet_sujal

72.   rakshi_sweety

73.   cutykoo20

74.   gktrina(Trina)

75.   Ritika

76.   Kanak

77.   *sowmya*

78.   mz.jess

79.   Voldemort (Ajay)

80.   sweety_rajveer

81.   Naina

82.   Sarah khan

83.   rajnaina

84.   Nadia

85.   Thaakur Saab

86.   moreremix(Sam)

87.   Sai-licious

88.   lrllover(Nishant)

89.   advil

90.   KMP14

91.   SarraCOMB

92.   Stargold

93.   Eyescandy

94.   Nez-wek.

95.   Gorgeouss(rajeev)

96.   Sim38

97.   Zermina

98.   Master_blaster(Mannu)

99.   crazyfanar(Fatima)

100. soulfry

101. friend forever

102.  kiruti

103.maithali

104.  cherishlove

105.  xxp2xx

106.  maria_srk

107.  -skylark-

108.  Cool_Dipti

109.  pihu

110.  RAdabest

111. angel16

112. royal prince

113.  MURALIDHARAN99

114.aarsow(aarthi)

115.Rajeev_ki_deewa(yamakshi)

116.A*(Amina)

117.CRAZEY4NAMAN

118.  shruti_gauri1(shruti)

119.chinmayi

120. tanisha.g

121. tulika_rajeev

122.  k\lavenyu

123.  ramsha

124.  -chitra

125.  -seher

126. Neha_K (Neha)

127. mystified (Sofia)

128.scurvy

129.dolon12

130. dost4ever

131.shaina

132.shraddhagupta

133. arsalan

134. pgsks

135. jessica18

136.  Henna66

137. Crazy_4_RA

138. goodkashish

139.jyothi_cool

140. sknra

141.danish1

142.Ayesha9000

143.Yamakshi_rajeev

144. Puri_2711

145.sweety_1754

146. princess199

147. -Lennie-

148.Natlu S

149. Sonamlicious (Alinaa)

150. Risal

151. Sumi_162710(sumaiya)

152. CaughtYourHeart

153. waniya_fatima

154. Naughty -beauty(nisha/nighty)

155. oliveya

156. -Laiba

157. sunshinedivya

158. blessingurlove(jenny)

159. Viamuniquestyle (Bebo)

160. Mrs.Rajeev

161. lavanyasffar.

162.pinki901(pria)

163. *kitty*

164. sherry07

165. sanghmittra_27

166. BhartiKhushi909

167. nivyan (maha)

168. krishnaria

169. ronojoy_ria

170. sweetangel_25 (sana)

171. Vidushi (lallulal2010)

172. Ishti

173.spvd(deepa)

174. kitty & me 

175. akkiii

176. SlovHanda

***Management Team Members***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Star varallika Star

Star saheligswm (saheli)
Star

Star Surya.Ravi (suri)
Star

Star anam-mehrun (mehrun)
Star

Star nidhi 2013
Star

Star rajeevlicious (Farheen)
Star
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by saheli2610 - 01 October 2011 at 3:06am

Amor.Sumi_162710MysticRiverspvd

Bluefalls

IF-Rockerz

Bluefalls

Posted: 01 October 2011 at 3:07am | IP Logged
***Previous Fan Clubs***

FC 3

Rajeev Khandelwal FC  
nailaqureshi 

FC 8
Rajeev Khandelwal FC  
       nailaqureshi 

FC 9
Rajeev Khandelwal FC  
nailaqureshi 

FC 10
Rajeev Khandelwal FC  
nailaqureshi 

FC 11
Rajeev Khandelwal FC  
nailaqureshi 

FC 12
Rajeev Khandelwal FC  
nailaqureshi

FC 13
Rajeev Khandelwal FC  
nailaqureshi

FC 14
Rajeev Khandelwal Fan Club

FC 15

Kanak

FC 23
Suri

FC 24
Naz 

FC 28
Kiran di

FC 30

FC 33

FC 36

FC 37

Rani
Pihu 

suri      

amail1601

FC 58
Rajeevians Hangout
rv_annie

FC 62
-Rajeev Khandelwal Fanclub- 
anam_mehrun

FC 63
Rajeev Khandelwal FC 
varallika

FC 64
Rajeevians Den 
rv_annie

FC 66
RK FC-Birthday Bash 
Saheli

FC 77

FC 79
Sumaiya

FC 80
*Rajeev FC* ||~K A R M~||

Mona

FC 81
Striking A Chord~Rajeev Khandelwal FC

Suri

Edited by saheli2610 - 01 October 2011 at 3:11am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sumi_162710MysticRiverspvd

Bluefalls

IF-Rockerz

Bluefalls

Posted: 01 October 2011 at 3:12am | IP Logged
FC Rules!!!!

Please Follow The Following  Rules In Order To Keep The RKFC, Clean, Neat Tidy & Warning Free...
The image

1. Please avoid more than double or triple quoting of posts. Members can quote thrice but more than thrice quoting is not allowed.

2. Please only one person write the captions for any pic

3. Please avoid repetition of pics for Caption

4. Please avoid saying hello or welcome posts

5. Please discuss Rajeev in every of your replies

6.Discussion about SK can be done but please do avoid discussing RA in the FC

7. Similarly,do discuss RN but do avoid topics related to RP

8. If there is any disagreement regarding any post of any member in the FC then the members should first bring the matter to the RKFC Management Team before reporting the post to the moderators. Unnecessary warnings in the fc are not wanted.

9. No one should open new RK FC or any Fc relating to Rajeev Khandelwal without informing the Management team and getting a yes form them. this is to avoid multiplicity of FCs and clash between members regarding the new FC.

Please keep the FC clean and  warning free .

This measures are just to avoid unexpected fights and chaos and warnings over here...Youur co-operation is sincerely expected.

Regards
RKFC management team

http://www.myspaceantics.com//images/myspace-graphics/dividers/technology.gif

FC Updates!!!!

Rajeev Khandelwal to host an international car show - Page 2

'Never play safe in life' - Page 2

Nation Geographic India- SuperCars Official TV Show Trialer- Rajeev Khandelwal and Bentley - Page 2

Glimpse Of Rajeev @ GIMA 2011 - Video - Page 2

National Geographic - Super Cars - Pictures - Page 2/Page 8

'Nat Geo Super Cars' with Rajeev Khandelwal premiers on October 10th - Page 5

'Soundtrack': A story of hope - Page 6

Force has a forceful start. Other releases dull - Page 7

Rajeev Khandelwal visits Bangkok nightclubs - Page 7

Soundtrack Stills- Page 7

Watch Soundtrack What the F!Uncensored! - Video - Page 9

Live Chat: Rajeev Khandelwal on October 7 at 1530 hrs IST - Page 9

New Siggy Creations - By Suri - Page 9

Can't do too many films: Rajeev Khandelwal
- Page 9

Rajeev & Mrinalini - Picture - Page 10

Soundtrack Movie Reviews - Page 11
http://www.myspaceantics.com//images/myspace-graphics/dividers/technology.gif

Edited by saheli2610 - 06 October 2011 at 6:24am

Amor.Sumi_162710MysticRiverspvd

Bluefalls

IF-Rockerz

Bluefalls

Posted: 01 October 2011 at 3:15am | IP Logged
'Reviews Of The Movie Soundtrack'

The imageThe imageThe image

Critic/Website Review

Review I - By Dailybhaskar/Dainikbhaskar

Movie Review: Soundtrack
Reviewed By: Dailybhaskar.com  
Movie Name:Soundtrack
Critic Rating:
Viewer Rating:
Click here to vote6
Click here to vote0
Star Cast:Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan, Mohan Kapoor, Yatin Karyekar and Mrinalini Sharma
Director:Neerav Ghosh
Producer:Sanjiv Goenka and Apurv Nagpal
Music Directer:Midival Punditz, Karsh Kale, Kailash Kher,Vishal Vaid, Laxmikant Kudalkar, Pyarelal, Ankur Tewari and Papon
Genre:Musical /Drama

Story:  Soundtrack is based on the true story of a prolific Indian musician portrayed by Rajeev Khandelwal as Ronak Kaul. He inherits his love for music from his father and in order to make it big in the music world begins as a DJ in a big-time club, Tango Charlie, owned by Charlie (Mohan Kapoor). Moving around with right people at the right time gives him an early opportunity to work with filmmaker Anurag Kashyap in his film. But, destiny has something else in store for him as excessive consumption of drugs, alcohol and most importantly loud music all the time gets him completely deaf. He is into deep depression until Gauri (Soha Ali Khan), a deaf since birth, enters his life as a ray of hope. Now, will Ronak ever hear again and fulfill his dreams or will he overcome his weakness and emerge as a winner is a real interesting watch.

Story Treatment:  A film by a debutant filmmaker isn't just rich in content but in execution too. The opening shot where Ronak is introduced and his passion for music is revealed, says a lot about how brilliantly story is going to unfold further. His slow indulgence in the world of drugs, again, comes out finely, considering his strong inclination towards alcohol. The crisp screenplay doesn't let your eyeballs move off the screen even for a second. The transition from the party to tragic mood and then, to some soothing light moments, with no loopholes, makes Soundtrack, one of the flawless films ever made.

Star Cast:  Rajeev Khandelwal yet again proves his acting prowess, as the character of alcohol or a drug addict is so unlike the real sophisticated Rajeev. He springs a surprise with his flawless performance, each time the story unfurls a different side of his character. Soha Ali Khan, too, is refreshing and brilliant as a deaf girl. Mohan Kapoor gets into the skin of his character very well and delivers a fine performance. Mrinalini Sharma as Ronak's ex-girlfriend plays her part well. Yatin Karyekar gives an honest performance as a caring uncle. 

Direction:  Neerav Ghosh sets a benchmark with Soundtrack and cries it loud that he is surely here to stay. In no way does the film give a feel of being made by a debutant director. To induce twists with no room for confusion at the same time getting perfect expressions from the actors seems to be a cake walk for this filmmaker. Neerav has taken the creative part seriously with some innovative moments in the film in terms of camera moves and direction. The 'attempt to suicide' scene is a perfect example to support the claims.

Music/ Cinematography/ Dialogues/Editing: Music syncs with the temperament of each passing phase of the film but doesn't impress much, considering the expectations from a musical film. Cinematography is 'A' class, in fact quite innovative at some places like catching the lively moments on the streets, railway stations. Dialogues - a combination of some serious tone and humour - surely create an impact. Editing complements the screenplay and does the needful to make the film more engaging.

3 Ups and 3 Downs: Extremely appealing storyline, flawless performances, first time yet brilliant direction are the strengths of the film. Music below expectations, slightly slow-paced initial second half, are the weaknesses.

Overall, if you have a taste for meaningful, juicy cinema, Soundtrack is a must watch.

The image

Review II - By SuperGoodMovies

Soundtrack doesn't boasts of a huge star cast but has one thing that is really important to make a movie work and that is content. A fresh, entertaining and light film that will leave a smile on your face at the end.

Story:
Raunak (Rajeev Khandelwal) is an aspiring musician from a small town, comes down to Bombay to make is big. He becomes the hottest DJ in town and lives life like a ockstar. His routine is composing music in the day and DJing at night. His life starts taking a toll on him. He goes deaf. He has to leave his passion, his music. For a few months he goes into depression but then decides to live life. He gradually learns lip reading and creates revolution by composing music.

Analysis:
Soundtrack is different, not like the regular run-of-the-mill kind of a film. It has content and is entertaining. It comes off as a fresh attempt though is inspired from another motion picture. Also it is based on the life of a famous musician Beethoven. And another plus point is that it is a musical extravaganza that has some mind boggling tracks.

Performances:
There is no doubt that Rajeev Khandelwal is a powerhouse of talent. He carries the film on his shoulder well.
Soha Ali Khan plays and hearing and sound impaired girl and shines. Mrinalini Sharma plays Rajeev's girlfriend and has nothing much to do. But whatever little also that she does is best avoided talking about. Mohan Kapoor plays Raunak's manager. He is loud at places but still is decent enough.

Technicalities:
Direction, camera works, cinematography all are pluses. Though my only problem is that when Raunak is said to be in Bombay and Alibaug, why is the film shot in Bangkok and Pattaya/Phuket. All the songs are composed by different musicians and all make a mark. They fantastic specially 'Prem Baba'.

Plus Points:
        Music
        Performances

Minus Points:
        Seems slow at a point

Verdict:
        Definitely worth a watch

Rating: 3.5/5

Banner: Saregama India Limited, Indie Ideas
Starring: Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan, Mrinalini Sharma
Producer: Sanjiv Goenka, Apurv Nagpal
Director: Neerav Ghosh
Genre: Musical

The image

Review III - By Taran Adarsh

Soundtrack
Movie Reviews 
By Taran Adarsh, October 6, 2011 - 14:36 IST
There's nothing like watching a guy hit the ebb and then trying to crawl back again. The triumph of the human spirit catches our attention all the while. After all, people love watching a good tragedy. SOUNDTRACK, the official remake of the award winning IT'S ALL GONE PETE TONG, narrates one such story.

Rajeev Khandelwal is one of the few actors to have made a successful transition from television to cinema. His choice of films, starting with AAMIR, followed by SHAITAN and now SOUNDTRACK prove that he's keen to be a part of movies that push the envelope, that push him beyond his boundaries. He's gradually emerged as the face of intelligent urban cinema. That's also one of the reasons why SOUNDTRACK catches your attention.

SOUNDTRACK may be a 'small budget film' [in film parlance], but I strongly believe that budgets, however big or small, can never decide on the quality of cinema. A mockumentary, SOUNDTRACK takes a closer look at a musician's life faced with a career-ending handicap. It has some heartwarming moments, some amusing moments, some comic moments and some lump in the throat moments.

Very well shot drama with touches of black humor, director Neerav Ghosh deserves immense praise for handling a complex story with amazing maturity. The story is attention-grabbing -- it traces his alcohol, drug and sex-fuelled meteoric rise, as he battles his internal demons and a damaging handicap -- and I must add that the film has a strong melodramatic theme with some terrific moments that stay with you.

SOUNDTRACK narrates the story of a successful DJ, Raunak [Rajeev Khandelwal], who gets addicted to drugs and alcohol and loses his hearing ability. He goes through low phases and also starts hallucinating, seeing a joker around him all the time. He is diagnosed with a hearing disorder that ultimately leads to his going deaf. Subsequently, Gauri [Soha Ali Khan] enters his life. His career nosedives, but his love for music helps him resurrect himself.

If you think SOUNDTRACK is distressing and disheartening, let me tell you, it's not! On the contrary, it is young, colorful and most importantly, inspirational, something that goes very well what a majority of movie-going audience these days. The director also ensures that the soundtrack is befitting the content of the film. Besides, the party culture, which is prevalent in metros, where one can find sex and drugs, is depicted well in the plot.

Director Neerav Ghosh narrates an interesting story in an altogether new format. Only thing, the film tends to get stretched at places and could've done with sharper editing. Cinematography is eye-filling.

Rajeev is known for giving his best at whatever he does. Playing an emotionally unstable character is always taxing and an edgy journey for any actor, but Rajeev emerges triumphant with a bravura performance. Ditto for Soha, who delivers a sparkling performance. Soha is capable of delivering a powerful performance if given an opportunity and this film proves it. Though Mrinalini Sharma doesn't really get scope, yet, the pretty lass gives it all to her character and registers an impact. Another winning performance comes from Mohan Kapur, who is superb in a rather tough role. This film should make people sit and notice this talented actor. Yateen Karyekar does very well as well. Ankur Tewari and Sidd Coutto, the musicians, are wonderful in their respective roles.

On the whole, SOUNDTRACK captivates you with a story that talks of the triumph of the human spirit. An inspiring film, a human story, a relatable and credible journey with an atypical, feel-good conclusion, SOUNDTRACK is not to be missed.

The image

Review IV - By Glamsham

Soundtrack Movie Review

October 6, 2011 06:18:22 PM IST
By Martin D'Souza, Glamsham Editorial

SOUNDTRACK can easily be classified as an experiment in creativity. It's a bold move by director Neerav Ghosh who has found willing backers in his generous producers. Not everyone gets a chance to explore the realms of his thoughts and explode on celluloid with such gay abandon as does Neerav and his protagonist Rajeev Khandelwal. With AAMIR, released three years ago, Rajeev stamped his imprint as a quality actor. In SOUNDTRACK, he further endorses that truth. 

view SOUNDTRACK stills

Anurag Kashyap tried his hand at this 'experimental element' in NO SMOKING. That's probably the reason why he is part of this film in a small role as someone who talks glowingly about Raunak Kaul (Rajeev Khandelwal) who is now a successful music composer, although he has turned deaf. There are others from the music industry as well, who speak about Raunak's genius. There's Anu Mallick, Salim (of Salim-Suleiman fame), Kailsah Kher apart from successful VJs and DJs. That's a novelty Neerav brings into this film as he intersperses their views on the central character as he tells the story. 

Raunak is full of life. He comes to the city from a small town to make it big. He lost his father at the age of six, but does remember the 'musical times' he had with his dad. His uncle hands him some unfinished tapes of his father and Raunak adds layers to it which become an instant hit in the night club where he is the most sought-after DJ. Already high on alcohol, he takes to drugs of all sorts not to mention women. Life is actually a mess, but he perceives it as bliss. Excess takes its toll on his body and the constant loud decibel levels at the club aided by his 'wasted' lifestyle brings about a hearing disability. He turns stone deaf.

The image
The first half is full of excesses to the point of being repulsive. Drugs, alcohol, women and what have you... But I guess, Neerav had to drive home his point. And you realize the reasoning behind this move after the break when things glide smoothly. Raunak comes to terms with his deafness, returns to civilian life and meets with Gauri (Soha Ali Khan), who is also deaf. She is his lip-reading teacher. 

It is the second part that balances out the tumultuous first. Both Soha and Rajeev share a chemistry that endears you to them.
Modulating her voice and aiding it with her finger movements and facial expressions, Soha is first rate. I mean this is not a movie any heroine would do. It's only the bold who will experiment with such technically difficult roles. 

It's hard-hitting and creatively presented. But what could have worked in Neerav's favour is if the rest of the cast were within the confines of the parameters he had in mind for the film.

It would be tough to get in the audience (read commercial success), but those creatively inclined should definitely watch this flick. 

The image

Review V - By Economic Times

Soundtrack: Movie Review

Gaurav MalaniGaurav Malani, TNN | Oct 6, 2011, 06.50PM IST

Based on true events, Soundtrack is an official remake of the cult English film ' It's All Gone Pete Tong ' (2004). The film traces the meteoric rise and fall of a DJ, Raunak Kaul (Rajeev Khandelwal) who has the talent to make the world dance to his tunes (quite literally). But an excessive lifestyle of sex and substance abuse, not only makes him lose focus towards work, but also leads to a permanent physical disability. In his world dominated by loud music, Raunak turns completely deaf and is unable to pursue his dreams to make music.

Things change when Raunak meets Gauri (Soha Ali Khan), who too is hearing impaired but has mastered the art of lip-reading. In Gauri, Raunak finds a tutor and life-partner. Also his passion for music is rekindled, as he attempts to sense sound (if not hear) and study digital waveforms of tunes he knew, to create new music. Thereby a deaf DJ turns a renowned composer.

Debutante director Neerav Ghosh attempts to give a docu-drama shade to the narrative to make it seem like a biographical take on the life of his protagonist. Thankfully the documentary treatment never overcomes the actual story, which has enough scope for drama per se. The first half seems obsessed with close-up shots of alcohol, drugs, smoke and sex. Raunak boozes as if he were drinking water and smokes like he is breathing air. The idea might be to give a dark and disturbing shade to the film like Anurag Kashyup brand of cinema (the maverick filmmaker also has a cameo), more so with ample scope for substance abuse in the narrative. But after a point of time, it only gets repetitive and seems forced.

The tone of the film suddenly changes in the second half when the narrative turns more soft and sober, as Raunak goes on a self-rehabilitation drive, shunning all addiction. His romance track (with Soha) is blithe as compared to his hardcore sex-drive (with Mrunalini Sharma) in the first half. But beyond the somber shade and his chemistry with costars, the narrative isn't able to create as much contrast between the first half and the second that would have resulted in relating and feeling for the protagonist's plight better.

The depth that it adds to Raunak's relearning process of music (which is the soul of the film) in the second half pales in comparison to the intensity that it lends to the buildup of substance abuse in the first half. Which means the film adds intensity where not needed and vice versa. A basic idea of a deaf person composing decent music makes for an inspiring story. While the promising premise of the film doesn't let you down, one still feels the entire account could have been more stimulating, esp. when the director had straight reference point in the form of the original film.

The entire track of Raunak's fight with his inner demon (clowning around him in a joker-faced mask) looks ludicrous over being symbolic. It gets exasperating after a point and the entire track could certainly have been avoided. For a film dealing primarily with music, the actual 'soundtrack' isn't as stimulating as one would have expected. Also the length could have been shorter and the film could have done away with several repetitive portions. However, the dialogues, esp. in the second half, are well-worded and leave an impact.

Soundtrack
works to a big extent because of the persuasive performance of its protagonist played by Rajeev Khandelwal. At the onset, one seems uncertain if the sober-imaged actor would be able to pull off a character as wild and weird as this. But as you see him getting more and more into his character, you are amazed at the conviction he brings to his role. Soha Ali Khan not only plays a deaf character, she has to lisp in her diction too. And the actress does it with absolute subtlety (as compared to the Bollywood stereotypes that go overboard) and brings grace to her role. It would have made more sense if the story enlightened on the reason behind her lisp. Mrinalini Sharma looks refreshingly sexy and is not one-bit vulgar in her skimpily-clad character. Mohan Kapur hams. Manu Rishi doesn't get much scope. Yatin Karyekar is decent.

While it had potential to be a rocking film, Soundtrack, at least, turns out to be sound cinema. Worth giving an ear (and eye) too!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Soundtrack-Movie-Review/articleshow/10231796.cms

The image

Review VI - By Movie Talkies

Rajeev Rocks as Neerav Triumphs With 'Soundtrack'! 

By MovieTalkies.com, 06 October 2011 

Soundtrack Review

There's something irresistible about a heroic triumph, something about an individual overcoming all odds, that appeals to something in every one of us. That appeal is only multiplied, when stories of such triumph leave the pages of fiction, and come into the world of reality, touched by a sense of realism. Perhaps that is why director Neerav Ghosh's debut effort, 'Soundtrack', makes for such a deeply satisfying watch.

However, let one state at the outset, that while this documentary-like feature film claims to be based on a true story, that, in fact, isn't quite true. The film is actually an official remake of the 2004 Canadian indie classic, 'It's All Gone Pete Tong', a similar mockumentary of sorts that spoke of the rise, fall and rise of a fictional Ibiza DJ, Frankie Wilde, with names like DJ Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk and Lol Hammond appearing as talking heads relating Frankie's story through the film. While the original film has turned into something of a cult touchstone, 'Soundtrack', with a first-timer in Neerav at its helm, still has some way to go before it achieves that sort of success. Where the film does see success, however, is in the way Ghosh manages to Indianise as urbane a story as this subject, and makes it quite relatable.

The film's plot is almost Beethoven-esque in its scope, and indeed, more than 'It's All Gone Pete Tong', it is the master composer's legendary life that 'Soundtrack' will invite direct comparisons with. Smartly, then, Neerav makes Ludwig himself a narrator in the film, peppering the narrative with framed quotes from the composer's life.

The plot revolves around a music-maker called Ronak, played superbly by Rajeev Khandelwal, arriving in the city to hit the big-time. Ronak carries within him, the legacy, or rather, the burden of his late father, Parth, who himself tried to make a mark in the music industry, but simply couldn't find success. Ronak, though, tastes victory immediately, as he quickly turns into the superstar DJ at the Tango Charlie club, with the club's owner, Charlie, played by Mohan Kapur, acting as his manager. It is evident that Ronak has a great ear for music, though this is accompanied by a vicious addiction to sex, drugs and alcohol, all of which he finds quite easily in the wonderland of his fame. However, the film's pivotal turn comes when he finds that even as the noose of his addictions is tightening around his neck, his ear is quite literally leaving him, rendering him deaf. The rest of the film deals with Ronak's own tribulations with his condition and how he eventually rises to meet the challenge of life, with some help along the way.

The film, though slow at some points, hooks from the start. The film scores with its interesting narrative, where Ronak's story is told in flashbacks, interspersed with interviews with characters from the film, like Ronak's uncle, his manager Charlie, his band mates Biscuit and Banjo, and his girlfriend, model Shonali, along with real life characters like Kailash Kher and DJ Aqeel, speak of their meetings with Ronak and their impression of him. The tone that they speak of him in, which casts him in an almost genius-like silhouette, makes his character that much more intriguing and appealing. The use of the mysterious Johnny Joker character is also quite interesting, taking the narrative forward in quite unexpected ways, though one must say that the credit here goes to the makers of the original film.

Rajeev Khandelwal, though just two films old as 'Soundtrack' rolls in, has quickly become one of the most interesting actors to watch on the Indian cinema screen. The actor has successfully made the transition from the small screen to the big, and his performance here as Ronak proves that this isn't without reason. Khandelwal is amazingly sincere on centre-stage here, and comes up with a truly captivating performance. The scenes where he is still struggling to deal with his condition are heartbreaking, while you can't help but cheer him on as he finally finds him triumph in the climax.

Soha Ali Khan is also a revelation as Gauri, entering the narrative almost halfway through the second half, but leaving quite a mark. The actress charms in her 'special' role, and shows that given the right scope, she too has the histrionic skills to deliver. Mrinalini Sharma, unfortunately, doesn't get this scope, though, as Ronak's supermodel girlfriend Shonali, she does show potential. Yatin Karyekar, as Ronak's uncle, delivers a great performance, as do the non-actors on the cast, musicians Sidd Coutto and Ankur Tewari, who play Biscuit and Banjo, respectively. Mohan Kapur is perhaps the other main character, apart from Ronak, here, and with a performance that is over the top at points and beautifully understated at others, shows what Bollywood has been ignoring all these years. His Charlie is hilarious, yet endearing, throughout the film.

Given that the film revolves around music and a musician, it was imperative that 'Soundtrack' have a flawless soundtrack itself, and on that front, the film's music directors, the superb Midival Punditz and Karsh Kale, deliver handsomely. Tracks like 'what the f', 'atomizer' and 'fakira' rock the dancefloor, while 'banao', by Papon, and 'jannat', by the film's Banjo, Ankur Tewari, truly charm. However, the climactic number, 'ek manzil', with its haunting cello hook, is where it all truly comes together in a piece of addictive brilliance.

There are points in 'Soundtrack' where the scene-to-scene influence of 'It's All Gone Pete Tong' is unshakeable. And, given the fact that it's an official remake of the film, the question arises as to how much of the credit for 'Soundtrack' goes to Neerav Ghosh. Holistically speaking, the plot is undoubtedly the most crucial aspect of any film, as it is here. However, when that plot is backed up bravura performances like those from Rajeev Khandelwal and Soha, as well as an OST that is as brilliant, the credit then legitimately lies with the director for having the vision to come up with a work as complete as 'Soundtrack'. While the argument can be made for watching the original instead of 'Soundtrack', one has no doubt that if you miss watching this debut effort from Neerav Ghosh, you will be missing out on something promising indeed.

http://www.movietalkies.com/movies/reviews/20091/soundtrack

The image

Review VII - By Livemint

Film Review | The din of silence
A remake of a charmless original, 'Soundtrack' tries too hard to be inspirational and turns insipid

Sanjukta Sharma

Mumbai

This is the story of "Bandra's Beethoven". That label, used by a glib manager (played by Mohan Kapoor) to hard-sell the hero of Neerav Ghosh's Soundtrack, is bereft of irony or humour. It is meant to be sycophantic, glowing, earnest, 'soul-soup' inspirational largely what the entire movie also is.

Raunak Kaul (Rajeev Khandelwal) is a master turntablist who spins at a nightclub in what is implied as Bandra, the hip Mumbai suburb. One day he goes deaf. Does he plunge deeper into his cocaine-and-whiskey path towards perdition and hell? Or does he crawl back up to life and music? There's that tantalizing promise the promise of a man's redemption after he has hit the abyss with drugs, bad decisions, being in love with the wrong person, and a sudden physical disability.

Director Neerav Ghosh mentions in the credits that the film is inspired by the motion picture It's All Gone Pete Tong. But in fact, it is more than just an inspiration. Soundtrack has scenes which are exact replicas of the 2004 British production, written and directed by Michael Dowse. The true story of the original, that of a DJ at an Ibiza nightclub somewhat of a legend in the Ibiza club scene then and the sudden end of his raucous lifestyle, is not stuff of great tragedy. In Dowse's movie, Wilde has no nuances, and is unintentionally comic in the way his life spirals down. British actor Paul Kaye? adds to the part a skinny man with a stupid laugh, corroded by drugs, who finally cleans up. There is a comic intensity to Frankie's tragedy which makes the character bearable, although the film in its itself is quite charmless.

The writing of the Hindi remake adapts quite awkwardly to the Mumbai context. This is not really a decadent 'Charlie' and 'charas' land. The director and cinematographer (Anshuman Mahaley) depends on neon hues, jagged camera angles and the music to create the drug-induced madness. The actor does not have to do a lot. The only nuance in Raunak, really, is his hallucinatory relationship with an unthreatening clown who goads him on to inebriation (in the original, it was a grizzly bear-like beast with dried cocaine stuck to its nose). There is also his past a childhood without a father and the only child of a helpless mother, a trite Bollywood tool in this context.

The attempt to localize is of course intentional, and it is ultimately not the film's undoing. The attempt to make Raunak's story sentimental and inspirational, and to strip the character's of all his foolishness and dumbness even when he is wasted silly, Khandelwal lends Raunak a sense of importance and seriousness is. It is a put-off, for this DJ is no tragic hero.

Raunak, a man of firm build and groomed hair, is the anti-thesis of a man swallowed by self-destructive madness. His physicality belies the rot inside. Khandelwal has performed with gusto and he makes some scenes extremely potent, but overall, he is sorely mismatched to this character. Soha Ali Khan? plays a deaf girl who rescues Raunak from oblivion. She too, like Khandelwal, is inconsistent. In some scenes the character is strikingly original, and in some completely banal. Mohan Kapoor as the greedy, soulless manager, is the most convincing character here.

Soundtrack is a downer, but for a few powerful scenes all of which are exact replicas from the movie it's inspired from.

I will confess I am at a disadvantage here because I have watched It's All Gone Pete Tong twice, quite by accident. And comparisons with the mediocre original is unavoidable. When it's a remake or an "inspiration", the task of making it better or to adapt it truthfully to its context is up for scrutiny. And I judge the film largely on those terms.

The star of Soundtrack is its music. Lyricists (Kailash Kher?, Majrooh Sultanpuri, Karsh Kale, Vishal Vaid, among others), music directors (Midival Punditz, Karsh Kale, Papon, Kailash Kher, Laxmilant Kudalkar) lift the trajectory of this self-aggrandizing hero by a few notches. The film is visually accomplished, if albeit too plastic at times, but the music and the cinematography momentarily achieves what neither the lead actors nor the writing can achieve.

Soundtrack released in theatres on Friday

[email protected]

http://www.livemint.com/2011/10/06191620/Film-Review--The-din-of-silen.html?h=B

The image

Review VIII - By ApnaIndia

Soundtrack

Starring - Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan, Mrinalini Sharma

Director - Neerav Ghosh

Producer - Sanjiv Goenka, Apurv Nagpal

Banner - Saregama India Limited, Indie Ideas

Genre - Musical

Rating - *** .

By Kreative Access Team

The star of the film is certainly the story and the narration. The film starring the talented Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan and Mrinalini Sharma is quite a soul shaking epic dust to dawn story of a aspiring musician who falls from the peak and recovers a death defying phase in life.

The film starts with Raunak (Rajeev Khandelwal) who comes to city of dreams Mumbai to make his name in the music industry. After much struggle and tiring phase he manages to catch up a fleeting that of DJ in a famous discotheque. He becomes a rage and then his life turns tracks as he unintentionally shifts focus from his aim. But suddenly his dream run hits a major roadblock when he suddenly loses his hearing power. This leaves him with an irreplaceable void as the hearing impairment leaves him with no scope to take forward his career as a musician. He goes into depression and mind you that's not a simple but a death defying one.

The film is not the one that you come across every Friday. This one's a rare tale of the highs and lows of life. As I mentioned earlier the main strength of the film is its story and the stars lead the tale with panache. The film is based on a true story of a renowned musician Beethoven. The unexpected twists and turns keeps you glued to from start to end.

Rajeev Khandelwal yet again reminds of the potential that he carries as a star. And we must say with each film he is giving the Khans, Kapoors and Kumars a run for their money. He deserves much more attention to compliment his potential. But what surprised us was Soha's performance which made people notice it even in the presence of power house performer Rajeev. Mrinalini Sharma's role as Rajeev's girlfriend is nothing more than an extended cameo but however the actress has performed her part well.

Apart from film's direction and narration, the unique cinematography takes your heart away. As the film was a tale of a musician's life, it ought to be a musical journey and we must say the tracks don't disappoint.

Yet another awe inspiring film coming from Rajeev Khandelwal comes to lure your hearts away. A perfect treat for music and 'Rajeev Khandelwal' lovers and will also appeal to the ones who prefer out of the track films rather than the run-of-the mill films.

http://apnaindia.com/entertainment/review/bollywood/soundtrack-hindi-movie-review-192.html

The image

Review IX - By Times Of India - Nikhat Kazmi

Soundtrack
Nikhat Kazmi, TNN, Oct 6, 2011, 07.49PM IST

Story: Small town boy Rajeev Khandelwal comes to Mumbai, chasing his dreams to become a musician. It doesn't take long before he becomes the most happening DJ of the club scene, creating his music from the sounds of the city and its streets. But it doesn't take long too before he succumbs to the pressures of the glam job -- drug abuse, alcohol, continuous exposure to loud music -- and descends into his private hell. Falling prey to a hearing disorder he almost loses it all, until he meets Soha Ali Khan -- herself deaf -- who teaches him how to lip read. More importantly, she teaches him how to rediscover meaning and music in his life, once again. 
Movie Review: The film is inspired by the English film It's All Gone Pete Tong which traced the intense highs and lows in the life of musician Frankie Wilde, a legend in the Ibiza club scene, as he battled his hearing disorder. But kudos to both filmmaker Neerav Ghosh and actor Rajeev Khandelwal for creating a completely authentic Indian idiom in Soundtrack which holds up a glitzy, yet dark mirror to the Mumbai rock scene. 

If Ghosh prefers to tell his story with poise and restraint, never losing hold on the life-like rhythm, then Khandelwal creates a classic act as the simpleton who goes full circle. First, he gets seduced by the heady power of fame and success and falls headlong into a life of indulgence and excess. Arrogance too slips in, as he begins to ill-treat his teammates who do not know about his increasing physical debility...his hearing is fast fading, but the rock star is too proud to reveal it. But when the world begins to turn its back on him and the sounds which were the source of his life, totally disappear, the desperate man does everything to save himself. He even incarcerates himself in dark, solitary confinement, plagued only by his private demons: a life-size joker that relentlessly mocks at him. 

It's only when he slays the demon that he manages to emerge a whole man again. Time for some sweet romance -- and help -- from perky Soha Ali Khan who plays a perfect foil to his anguished self. Also, time to rediscover his music by ferreting out some forgotten notes from his childhood -- his father's legacy -- and try and create history again. 

Well acted, well narrated and with loads of great music (Midival Punditz), Soundtrack is cinema with a soul. 

Tip Off: Must for music makers and movie-buffs who don't want all the films to be breathless tales of revenge and gore or riotous romance.

Critic's Rating: 
Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan, Mrinalini Sharma, Mohan Kapoor
Direction: Neerav Ghosh
Genre: Drama
The image

Review X - By Bolly Spice

Soundtrack Movie Review

Posted on October 6th, 2011

Beethoven said, "I am not satisfied with the work I have done so far. From now on I intend to take a new way." If only Bollywood followed this mantra, then we would surely have more amazing and different movies and better performances. Inspired by the life of Beethoven to an extent, first timer Neerav Ghosh's Soundtrack does successfully implement this thought with the end product leaving you highly satisfied. And while it's no secret that this movie is a remake of award winning Canadian independent movie It's Long Gone Pete Tong, its Indian adaption manages to keep you engaged till the end.

Ronak Kaul (Rajeev Khandelwaal) lives, eats and breathes music. Music is his life. Having inherited the talent and passion for music from his deceased father, he wants to make sure that he doesn't inherit one thing from his father  failure. So when he arrives in the City of Dreams, Mumbai, to make it big in the music field he pushes himself to his maximum limit  and more  to make his dream come true. Starting as a DJ in his uncle's (Yatin Karyekar) night club Tango Charlie, owned by Charlie (Mohan Kapoor), he soon finds himself expanding his avenues to establishing his own studio, making his own music and finally composing the same for a movie by Anurag Kashyap. But along with virtues come vices, so Ronak finds himself falling deeper into the world of alcohol, smoking and drugs as he gets into a relationship with Shonali (Mrinalini Sharma). Trouble starts when Ronak wakes up one day to realise that there's a constant ringing sound in his ears which makes normal hearing difficult. Initially dismissing it as a temporary problem, his work schedule goes for a toss when the problem persists. Visits to doctor reveal that he has tinnitus, inherited from his father and aggravated by his bad lifestyle. Eventually a freak accident renders him totally deaf which pushes him into a deep state of depression. When he finally decides to come out of his self-exile, he meets the free spirited Gauri (Soha Ali Khan), deaf from birth, who teaches him lip reading as well as the way of life. But still, the fact that he will never compose music again keeps on pricking him until finally he discovers a way of doing so and bringing music in his life back again.

Rajeev, who debuted with Aamir and proved his mettle again with Shaitan, is definitely the star of this movie. Whether it's his high on music avatar, his interaction with his inner self, his times during mental depression or his final self-rejuvenation, Rajeev keeps you totally hooked on to his performance. Watch out for the scenes during the time he shuts himself up in a room for two months. Mohan as Charlie is another amazing actor who fits his character to the T. Mrinalini and Soha do justice to their roles as well as Yatin as Ronak's chachu.

The best performer of the movie however is the director himself, who definitely doesn't give you the feel of a debutant. From the moment you see the picturization of how the daily mundane sounds seem music to Ronak you know that Neerav has got something different to offer. Crisp storytelling without a moment of boredom, Neerav makes sure that the viewer remains glued to the screen. Incorporating some unique and creative filming techniques  whether the sound waves to depict the fast changes or the direct interaction of the artists with the audience, Ghosh makes sure that the movie doesn't deviate to unnecessary side stories focusing totally on Ronak. Kudos to Neerav, Rajiv Gopalakrishnan and Chintan Gandhi for coming up with a beautiful screenplay.

In addition to the great direction, crisp editing by Sanjey Roderick and Ambar Vyas keeps the movie well-paced. Anshuman Mahaley's cinematography is worth mentioning and definitely one of the bigger plus points of the movie. Music is different and as an independent album good to hear but somehow you feel that it lacks the magic when incorporated in the movie. This especially stands out since the movie is wholly and solely based on music.

Apart from the slow initial second half, there isn't really much you can complain about in this movie. A breather of fresh air in the have-seen-befores been churned out recently. Definitely worth a watch.

The image

Rajeevians Review

Edited by saheli2610 - 06 October 2011 at 11:22pm

Amor.MehwisMixcoTreeMysticRiverOliveWellingtonspvd

Post Reply New Post

Go to top