ZeeTV in South Africa

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Nishani

IF-Dazzler

Nishani

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:53am | IP Logged

Hi guys,

A lady from ZeeTV South Africa just e-mailed me and told me that there is a problem with the airing of subtitles. She reckons it should be rectified by the end of the week! Tongue HOPEFULLY!!!

It better be, or I am going to call her up - as I have her telephone number now as it came with her mail!

But please continue with updating the subtitles along with the regular update if and when you guys have the time!

Disha/Lata/Swathi - thanks for your consideration in helping me with the subtitles! It really means a lot to meEmbarrassed!!!

I know I may be blowing this whole subtitle issue out of proportion, but it is really nerve-wrecking watching something that you love so much but you cannot understand it! It is just that Hindi is not our spoken tongue in this country - we all speak mostly English here!

Just want you to know that meeting you guys on this forum along with many others has been a great experience so far! Hope it continues! Big smile

Anyways, this is her mail to me, if you guys are interested in reading it:

Hi Nishani!!

I do apologise profusely for this inconvenience regarding the sub-title problem of

Tumhari Disha. I can assure you that it is being dealt with on an urgent basis, and hopefully

everything should return back to normal by the end of this week. It is a major problem as

many people here don't understand Hindi, but the origin of the problem lies in India, but I am trying my best

to speed things up!

Kind Regards:

Loshanee Moodaley

Zee TV South Africa

': + 27 11 781 3352

7: + 27 11 781 3347

*: [email protected]

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ZeeTV in South Africa" in Tumhari Disha forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AALIYAH786

Goldie

AALIYAH786

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 6:44am | IP Logged

Thanks a millionTongue about getting in touch with the lady from Zee Tv, they need to catch a wakeDead, don't they know that we don't understand hindi and it is supposed to be our mother tounge, how patrioticOuch

Nishani

IF-Dazzler

Nishani

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 6:53am | IP Logged

Yes A,

I feel so miserable about admitting that I am unable to understand Hindi! Anyways, what to do?!?! LOL

Can't help the way we are! South Africa is a place where we are ethnically diverse and if we were brought up not knowing our mother tongue then I guess we have our folks to blame - ha ha! LOLLOLLOL

The fault has to go somewhere, right!?!?!LOL

dkaddict

dkaddict

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 10:04am | IP Logged

I know probably less than fifty words of Hindi- and I often mix them up with the little Bengali and Sanskrit I know! So I am totally lost without subtitles, too! Actually, I have to read the updates religiously as well, since I don't think they really do a good job translating half the time...

At least ZeeTV tries- Sony never does subtitles, so I have to make sure to read the Jassi update before watching it or I don't have a clue!!! Angry

-DKaddict

memsaab

IF-Rockerz

memsaab

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AALIYAH786

Thanks a millionhindi_gthindi_gtTongue about getting in touch with the lady from Zee Tv, they need to catch a wakeDead, don't they know that we don't understand hindi and it is supposed to be our mother tounge, how patrioticOuch

This is so sweet and funny!! "don't they know that we don't understand hindi and it is supposed to be our mother tounge, how patriotic"

learn some hindi.. it would be more fun watching the serial in Hindi I know it is tough.. but you will learn it fast.. becuase you are watching hindi serial, .. and the words of expression in Hindi... you would LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it..

there is a yahoo group hindi_gt  which is for people who want to learn hindi.. and it is quite good..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top