India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

LIVE CHAT - Shilpa Agnihotri

Starryskies Groupbie
Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actress, Shilpa Agnihotri at 12 noon on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 in Mumbai

Shilpa Agnihotri
TV actress

"I'm not tired of Ganga's 'behenji' look, but it was a relief to act recently in another serial where I got to wear western clothes."

Malini > Hey Ganga, err Shilpa! Good to see you here! Is it true that you wouldn't mind showing some skin on screen, or wouldn't mind exposing?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well, I do mind showing skin because TV is a medium that literally enters each home every night, catering to all kind of audiences. Thus, it's not important for those people to see skin when they actually want to have some entertainment (by way of good stories etc) .

Jotti > Hey Shilpa, I love your acting and you're a wonderful actress. And congrats to on your wedding to Apoorva.. How is married life? And how did it start if you don't mind telling us?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Thank you so much to begin with. Married life rocks! I have never been as happy. I used to only hear that marriage changes things for people and I am experiencing the very same now. As far as how I met him is concerned, it is a long fairy tale. So, cutting it short, we were destined to be together so here we are together. We actually met through a friend who tried to play cupid. But the sight of him used to really irritate me.

Rfrer > When is your birthday?
Shilpa Agnihotri > 5th of June.

Rahul_dilli > Hi Shilpa! How are you? Tell us, how did you get your break in Kyunki Saas.... .?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well I was actually doing a serial at that point of time when Ektaa saw some of my work. So when they were casting for KSBKBT, they called me for the same. And here I am, playing 'Ganga' for the last two-and-half years.

Shivam > Hey Shilpaaaa! Are you as simpler as you seems to be on screen?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well I don't know how one would define simplicity. But if it is defined as a girl in Sarees and Salwaar Kameeze then I am not simple because in real life I am an extremely extroverted with a very modern approach towards life who does not restrict herself in being in Indian clothes all the time. However, I am yet a very, very grounded and a family oriented person who believes that my life starts with my family and husband and ends with them.

Rahul > Define your hubby 'Armaan', I mean Apoorva Agnihotri? What do you call
him in real life? 'Armaan' or Apoorva? Do you watch his serial Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin ?
Shilpa Agnihotri > A great human being, a great husband, a great son and a fabulous companion. As far as what I call him in real life, I neither call him Armaan nor Apoorva. I call him 'Chonu.' Well, if I am at home I try and catch up on Jassi ...

Rahul_dilli > You played small roles in films like Naa Tum Jaano Naa Hum . Then, why did you stop trying in films?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well, I never wanted to do films but Na Tum Jaano Na Hum was made by a really close friend of mine who was stuck in a crisis at that point of time and didn't have an actor to play that particular part then. So the least that I could do as friend is act in his film.

Rahul_dilli > Will you be ready to play a mother of 25 years old son, if required by your serial maker? Many young girls like Shweta Kwatra, Sakshi and even Smriti Irani have done that? How would you feel in that case?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well, I will have absolutely no problem about doing it as well. Till the time my role is well justified and till I know that as an actor I am benefiting from the same.

Reshma > If you were not actress, what would be doing ? Also, are you doing any movies ?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well, if I was not an actress I would be definitely married like I am now. May be not to an actor as I am now. And probably figuring out things (about work) at that point of time. I am not keen on doing films.

Shilps > What's 'Chonu'? Is it something like JAANU?!
Shilpa Agnihotri > Yeah, you got it !

Gaya > If you expose on the big screen, wouldn't hurt your Seedhi-Saadhi bahu image? Also, are you fed up with a 'behenji' look and that's why you want to turn glamourus?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Yeah, I am sure it would. But like I said I do not want to do films. So I am not even thinking of the same. Well I am not sick and tired of the 'behenji' look because I had very recently had done a serial called Lavanya in which I was not a 'behenji' but a girl who was playing a 24th century girl, clad in western clothes and being extremely western in her approach. And that was definitely a relief from, like you say, the 'behenji' image.

Kish > Why does an actress feel the need to show skin in films?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well, it's probably the demand of their profession and I guess once you choose to do something you must as an adult give it your 100 percent. I am certain that films may require exposure but they also pass on great messages and entertain our audiences.

Ehaabnadim2 > When is Kyunki Saas Bhi Khabhi Bahu Thi going to end?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well, chat up with Ektaa Kapoor for the same.

Rahul_dilli > Who's your favourite TV star? And which is your favourite TV
serial? And also your favourite costar? How do people address you? Do they call you 'Ganga' or by your real name Shilpa?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Apoorva Agnihotri (favourite TV star), KSBKBT Astitva and Jassi (favourite serial). Smriti Irani (Favourite costar). People called me mostly 'Ganga', which is damn annoying.

Saaja > Hi Shilpa? How do you maintain yourself so well? Are you a vegetarian? If not, what's your favourite non vegetarian dish?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well, I am a hardcore non vegetarian. My favourite (food) is butter chicken or anything in Chinese. And thank you so much for the lovely compliment! But I do wonder how you get to know of my figure through that lousy saree that we wear. And as far as how I maintain myself, I am probably just blessed. I am sure I am not going to be blessed for too long be for the way I eat, I see my self putting on a lot of weight in the future.

Reshma > Apoorva is 'Chonu' for you . What are you for Apoorva?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well, at times 'baby', at times 'billie' (cat). I could go on and on and embarrass him further. So we should just stop at that !

Shivam > Do you like to be sexy as some actress like Mallika Sherawat, Neha Dhupia are in movies, as you said that you wanna to be the 24th century gal?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Well, no never because I guess I will never be able to be as bold as them. Hats off to them for what they are dong. I am most happy with what I am doing (right now).

Shivam > How busy are you and Apoorva in your daily life?
Shilpa Agnihotri > Extremely! We both shoot for about 12 - 14 hours each day but we till try to make time for each other.

Sign Off Message > To everybody who made the effort to log in and chat up with me, thank you so much and god bless! Love, Shilpa.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

~nikki~

Daisy Senior Member
Daisy
Daisy

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article Starryskies.

Well, Chonu, Baby and Billie...ho..hmmm.. Confused
Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:42am | IP Logged
 thanks starry for the article!
mango Global Moderator
mango
mango

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:55am | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing

Even she doesn't know when the show will endLOL

masoom Groupbie
masoom
masoom

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Manjot

Thanks for sharing

Even she doesn't know when the show will endLOL

LOL

masoom Groupbie
masoom
masoom

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:08am | IP Logged

I don't know somehow i don't like this girl! Confused

may be because i wanna see some seedhi saadhi girl like Jassi with ArmaanEmbarrassed

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:38am | IP Logged

thanks!!!! lovely interview!!!

she looks fine to me.Lucky too.Embarrassed

anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Thanks Starskies...

Chonu...I guess sonu(sweetheart)....that is choo chweet....Wink