Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shah Rukh will be Shah Rukh!

samir_soni Goldie
samir_soni
samir_soni

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Shah Rukh will be Shah Rukh!

INDIATIMES MOVIES

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan usually wins attention, roles and awards because he is Shah Rukh Khan. And while most critics say that he plays himself in most films, his recent 'Filmfare' Award for Best Actor for 'Swades' has a lot to say of him as an 'actor'. According to most, 'Swades' was one film in which SRK didn't play himself, but the character, Mohan Bhargava. When we got in touch with the Badshah Khan - who deservedly had three nominations in the Best Actor category but grabbed it for 'Swades', besides taking home the 'Filmfare' Power Award – he said, "My role in 'Swades' was of a different kind.

The film was a serious one and I had to play the character. Normally, I play the young, romantic hero and that's when people say I play myself. 'Main Hoon Na' was one end of the spectrum, with me doing 'Matrix'-style action and 'Spit In Your Face' kind of comedy. And people said it is Shah Rukh. In 'Veer Zaara', the old character was nice, but the younger one was typically Shah Rukh, say an older 'DDLJ' character. But for 'Swades', I couldn't have it any other way.

So people thought that I had not gone on my usual commercial-hero trip." Which just shows that not only is he maturing as an actor, but that roles are becoming available where he can BE an actor. What comes next - Shah Rukh or someone else? Not that the King Khan will mind either – as long as he keeps taking the 'Filmfare' lady home. We wait to watch...

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 3:14am | IP Logged
thanx for the article
Khushalay Goldie
Khushalay
Khushalay

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 6:36am | IP Logged
i don't agree with filmfare bcoz i think & most of us think that he does very well in veer-zaara as compared to swades.
*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:12am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:25pm | IP Logged

i agree...

i'm a huge fan of his...and i love the kind of role's he does...sweet,cute,romantic n stuff...but yes he plays himself!!

in swades it's different...i actually respect him for his role and acting in swades!!! his eyes represent the pain of mohan bharghava "not" shah rukh....it's superb!!

hats off to srk..

in the filmfare awards srk also said.."if u wanna know what power is see amitabh bachan in "Black"..."

i would say..." if u wanna know what power is....see srk in swades"

Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewani

abladabla Senior Member
abladabla
abladabla

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by S.T.U.P.I.D.

i agree...

i'm a huge fan of his...and i love the kind of role's he does...sweet,cute,romantic n stuff...but yes he plays himself!!

in swades it's different...i actually respect him for his role and acting in swades!!! his eyes represent the pain of mohan bharghava "not" shah rukh....it's superb!!

hats off to srk..

in the filmfare awards srk also said.."if u wanna know what power is see amitabh bachan in "Black"..."

i would say..." if u wanna know what power is....see srk in swades"

Smile

Agree 100%
Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
Ya ...SRK is da best...And I believe that he can play any role....whether thats is of Mohan or Veer or some Rahul....COz he is SRK and there is no SRK in the whole world. SO Clap for SRK.
bRoWn_BeAuTy IF-Sizzlerz
bRoWn_BeAuTy
bRoWn_BeAuTy

Posted: 16 October 2005 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
thnx for the article my hubby rocks

Go to top