Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

India-Forums

hi i m new here

MISS GORGEOUS Newbie
MISS GORGEOUS
MISS GORGEOUS

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 10:23am | IP Logged

Iqbal Khan is not a very good cook but he can't resist food. When Balaji was on the hunt for a blend of Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan, a mix of vulnerability and steel, they settled for the six footer hunk Iqbal Khan.

But it has been six months since the hot n happening Iqbal has been to the gym.

"Where's the time? I shoot for Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hain and Kahin Toh Hoga round the clock."

In Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai, Iqbal plays a rock star, Angad, but in real life, he chortles, "I would want to run away if asked to sing."

We couldn't resist asking him to tell us about the song he would serenade his girlfriend Sneha with. After a dramatic pause he says, "Jidhar dekhoon teri tasveer nazar aatee hai". It's a Kishore Kumar number from Mahaan."

Iqbal's food for thought

I was in a boarding school (Lawrence School, Sanawar and Pinegrove School) in Shimla so I used to wake up by 5.45 am for physical training. But now I sleep late.

I begin my morning with lots of water. We pack up late in the night so I'm not an early riser. I do not even bother to get up and make a cup of tea. I am not a major drinker of tea or coffee.

I like the Kashmiri Noon Chai. It's salty and is brewed with a lot of milk and minimal water.

I love to have breakfast but I don't eat at home. At eleven o clock, I order for a cheese toast and a cup of coffee from the Sankraman studio canteen.
I love to have a cheese omelette or bread toast or cornflakes. At home I like to eat healthy food because 99.99 per cent times I eat outside.

If I am shooting at Sankraman then I order from their canteen. Their chicken khichdi and curd is delectable.

If I am shooting at Killick Nixon, I order from Mainland China or a deadly chicken club sandwich from the Janta Bakery at Hiranandani.

At times I share either my director Gary Bindra's dabba or co-actor Amit Tandon's dabba. Gary usually brings vegetarian food and Amit carries chicken, salad and even biryani at times.

When I'm in Srinagar, lunch comprises rice, mutton and saag. If one eats chicken, it is presumed that you are not well. Dal chawal is considered a poor man's food.

When I went to Kashmir recently, I felt refreshed. I love the winter of Kashmir.

I also love Mahabaleshwar. We drive down to Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani specially to have strawberry shake. It's pure sin. The locals whip up a thali that is mind blowing. Their bajre ki roti is amazing. I wish Mumbai had a similar joint.

I also like Punjabi food specially aloo and gobi parathas with makhan--just talking about it makes my mouth water!

I love chocolates and can even eat a poison-filled chocolate! I relish pastries too. I can eat an entire Rich Dutch Chocolate pastry from Croissants.

Before I became a TV star, I ate chocolate brownies with two scoops of ice cream everyday from Brownie Point, Bandra.

I love to have juices and milk shakes. I can drink orange juice by the gallon.When I go out for parties, I don't drink alcohol and have lots of orange juice.

Amar Juice Centre near Mithibai College serves excellent sitaphal milk shake. And the sitaphal ice cream at Natural is excellent. Amar Juice Centre is open way past midnight. I also like their vegetarian Tawa Pulao.

Kashmiri apples are the best apples in the world.

Whenever there is a party in Kashmir they serve a Wazwan. It includes twelve to thirteen dishes of mutton and a big plate is shared by four people. It contains rice and then you are served mutton dishes one by one. After a Wazwan you don't feel like eating for two to three days.

Kashmiri food is very spicy. They are not too fond of sweets. But I like Malai Sandwich; it's awesome!

In the evening I eat chicken sandwiches from the Sankraman canteen and masala milk.

I usually dine out. If I pack up early, I drop in at my girlfriend Sneha's house. Her father is a Punjabi and her mother, a Parsi. She cooks good food.

I am not a restaurant person but I have explored every restaurant in Bandra because Sneha lives in that vicinity. Initially we used to hang around at Just Round the Corner. Their salad variety is mind blowing.

I recommend Copper Chimney for Indian food and Bombay Blues for Continental food.

Tangy Tamarind at Pali hill serves some nice pastas, sandwiches and iced tea.

Marriott is another regular joint. It's known for the buffet at the coffee shop. I thought Urban Tadka was okay but Pop Tates is nice. They have the best garlic bread in Mumbai. I can make a meal of their garlic bread.

I swear by the authentic North Indian food at Chawla da Dhabba, Oshiwara. Their dal makhani is simply mind blowing.

Kareems at Bandra and Versova is owned by a friend of mine. His dal is at par with the dal bukhara at ITC Peshawari. I have been to ITC only once because I don't indulge in extragavance.

In town I like to eat in Paradise and Brittania. They serve amazing sali boti and mutton berry pulao.

In Bandra, Snack Shack seves genuine Parsi food. I also like the food and ambience at Caf Basilico.

There is hardly anything that I don't eat. There are people who do not like karela and capsicum but I like all that except pork--which is onething that I would never touch in my life.

The seafood festival at Mahesh Lunch Home and Sheetal Samudra is something to look forward to. I like the fish gassi--the masala is excellent. I like prawns but I m not very hot on lobster and crabs.

On a hot summer day I drink a lot of nimbu pani and sabza seeds with cold milk - it is very cooling.

On a rainy day I like to have coffee and pakodas.

On a cold winter day in Kashmir I have a lot of Noon Chai, gird roti and lavaan. Lavaan is tandoori roti with butter. You dip it in Noon Chai and eat it - it's superb.

On a romantic date I would like to take Sneha to Maldives. A beach facing villa would be ideal. We would sit on the terrace and sip on mocktails and then eat exotic salads, strawberries and pastries soaked in chocolate sauce. No regular three course meals for us.

The first time I cooked was in Delhi. I made mixed vegetables. It turned out quite well. In Mumbai, I don't cook because I have no time at all.

My favorite kitchen appliance is a pot with a handle. People make tea in it but since I live alone I even cook in it.

My fridge is always stocked with juices. My fridge gives the impression that I am an employee of Tropicana.

I think I resemble a Kashmiri apple.

Chicken Iqbal e Khan (his mother Mehmooda Khan's recipe)

10 chicken legs

5 tbsp oil

4 medium-sized onions, finely sliced

4 to 5 green chillies, finely chopped

1 tsp var masala

For marination:

1 cup thick curd

Salt to taste

1 tsp var masala

Method:

Clean and wash the chicken legs. Make uneven gashes on the chicken pieces. In a large bowl, mix curd, salt and var masala. Add the chicken legs and mix well. Marinate for 30 minutes.

Heat the oil in a non-stick kadai. Add the onions, green chillies and var masala. Saut the onions on a low flame till brown. Add the chicken and add little water. Cover the kadai with a lid. Cook on a low flame till done. Serve hot with rotis.

Note: Var masala is a Kashmiri masala made of different spices

Tina2sweet Goldie
Tina2sweet
Tina2sweet

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
hi welcome to IF.
Pyaari_Shailee IF-Rockerz
Pyaari_Shailee
Pyaari_Shailee

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
hi
welcum 1 IF
spoiledbrat IF-Sizzlerz
spoiledbrat
spoiledbrat

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Welcome Darling
and also thx for the Interview
DesiChocolate IF-Rockerz
DesiChocolate
DesiChocolate

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
welcome
sweet honey Goldie
sweet honey
sweet honey

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
welcum to I-F
simply.me IF-Dazzler
simply.me
simply.me

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
welcome to if
pyaari_puja IF-Sizzlerz
pyaari_puja
pyaari_puja

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
welcome 2if

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index