Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Mihir

princessriya Senior Member
princessriya
princessriya

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Rohit Roy

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with Tv actor, Rohit Roy at 14.00 hrs on Wednesday, February 9, 2005 in Mumbai

Rohit Roy
TV actor

"Well crossover cinema holds a lot of promise for actors like myself because they permit us to do a lot of roles without worrying about the market forces"

Sonika > What would you have been, if not an actor?
Rohit Roy > If you ask me today I would have been nothing else but since I was doing my business administration so I would probably have been a business man.

David_beckham > Apart from acting, what thrills you the most?
Rohit Roy > Traveling thrills me the most, I love traveling.

Aditi > What do you like more - acting or anchoring shows?
Rohit Roy > Difficult question, I enjoy anchoring but I love acting.

Mrilalini> How do you like working with zoom?
Rohit Roy > Zoom has been a very pleasurable experience and it's given me recognition that I did not think I would get, the general reaction is that I am really cute on Zoom.

Rita> Any plans of joining the movies?
Rohit Roy > Well Yes I just finished 'Plan' last year, so if there is a movie with a good role and a good script I will definitely do it.

Sneha> For how long do you want to continue anchoring?
Rohit Roy > Well I will continue anchoring till the show is on. I love anchoring.

Uma> Hi Rohit, I am a big admirer of yours, do you have a girlfriend?
Rohit Roy > Give me your phone number and I will call you later. Just for information I am married.

Fiza> Would you agree doing steamy scenes on-screen?
Rohit Roy > Well may be not on TV but in films yes.

Sachin> So what's your plans regarding marriage?
Rohit Roy > Darling I am married.

Jumbho > Do you introspect ? What is it normally about?
Rohit Roy > Yes I do a lot of introspection and it is normally about something that I have done and whether I could have done it better.

Alicea >  Which is your favourite movie ?
Rohit Roy > My favourite recent movie would be Lagaan.

Reema> Have you left working in serials completely?
Rohit Roy > Well not really ....but since I don't do too much of TV you probably feel that I have stopped TV. My new show is going to be on air called Swaarth.

Sfd  >   Do you think for an actor of your type, who has formally trained in acting and done theater etc., crossover films provide the best avenues for your long lasting career? Why?
Rohit Roy > Well crossover cinema holds a lot of promise for actors like myself because they permit us to do a lot of roles without worrying about the market forces.

Rahul> Where do you see yourself 5 years or even 2 years from now?
Rohit Roy > Well doing the things that I am doing right now, like acting ,anchoring ,traveling and as to what I would want to do in the next 2 years is host a game show.

Nikhil> If you had to act in one movie, which one would it be and which role would you opt for?
Rohit Roy > Deewar playing Mr Bachhans role.

Naintara> Any other show you plan to anchor in Zoom?
Rohit Roy > Well yes there are talks of doing a game show shortly on zoom and if all goes well it should be on air by the mid of this year .

Ravi> What made you shift from TV to anchoring , was it the money or the glamour?
Rohit Roy > Well anchoring is another facet of an actor  and it doesn't mean a shift because as an actor I would act on TV, film, theater or even anchor shows related to game, chat as it is all a part of the same medium.

Tina> What are your interests?
Rohit Roy > My interests include reading ,watching movies ,traveling and partying.

Yusuf> Did you undergo some training in acting or did you assist someone?
Rohit Roy > Well as an actor I have not undergone any formal training but I did assist Kumal Kapoor as a director and I don't think that to be an actor one needs any sort of formal education.

Divya> I am really interested in acting, can you give me some tips/advice.
Rohit Roy > > The one tip Mr. Nasseeruddin Shah gave me when I was starting off is read your lines and know them at the back of your hand before entering the sets. Half your job is done.

Uma> How long have you been married for and do you have any kids?
Rohit Roy > I have been married now for 5 years and I knew  her (Manasi Joshi Roy) 7 years before that. I also have a 2 year old brat called Kiara.

Pratap> Have you done theatre ever, or wanted to?
Rohit Roy > I have done an english production called Unfaithful with Perizaad Zorabian and a hindi production called with Pooja Batra. The next one is with my wife Manasi Joshi Roy.

Isha> What is more important in life for you....love, money or fame..???
Rohit Roy > Good question ....Well all three are very important. Love being the most important because your entire existence is based on different kinds of love be it parental, spouse related or your childs. Money comes next ...because you can't survive without money and as an actor fame is absolutely important because if you are not famous there is no point being an actor.

Insiaar> How was your experience working in Kusum?
Rohit Roy > Fantastic ...I had a great time while I was working in Kusum and was very sad that it had to end.

Saumya_ganguly > Who is your idol?
Rohit Roy > There are couple of mixes. There is not one single idol that I have but if I had one he would be a mixture of the Mahatma Gandhi, Subhash Chandra Bose, Amitabh Bachhan and my dad.

Jerw > Did you always want to be an actor? Why?
Rohit Roy > I never wanted to be an actor ....I am an actor by accident .....My visa for America was rejected and since I had nothing else to do I had to take up acting.

Wajeeha> Hello Rohit ! how do you handle your celebrity status ?
Rohit Roy > There's nothing to handle really .......I love the adulation that I get  ....and I enjoy the moments I spend in public life. The moment I come back home my baby pees on my designer clothes and I know then that I am no different ...but while it's on it's great.

Sahil> Hi this is Sahil and I want to know how you came into this field?
Rohit Roy > Well somebody spotted me when I was assisting Kumal Kapoor and offered me Vimal Shirtings ad and that is how I got started.

Rita> Hi when is your birthday?
Rohit Roy > 5th of April it is coming up.

Tulips > Define love and if given a chance to act with a Hollywood actress, who would it be?
Rohit Roy > Like I said earlier love is the basis of all existence and one of the strongest emotions. There are bundle of Hollywood actresses I would like to act with for instance Charleez Theron, Madelind Stoe and of course Julia Roberts

Kickey> Are you likely to be seen on TV often?
Rohit Roy > I have never been seen on TV often, I try to be selective and presently you can see me on dance divas on Zoom and shortly in a show called Swaarth on another channel. I believe that an actor on TV should not dilute his presence by doing too many shows ....I have never done it since the start of my career.

Mandira> Hi Rohit I think you are damn cute. Did you have a love marriage?
Rohit Roy > Firstly thank you Mandira ...and yes I did have a love marriage.

Wajeeha> If you were granted 3 wishes what would you wish for?
Rohit Roy > Well firstly at the top of the list would wish for my family's well being ,secondly lots of money to satisfy my lifestyle and thirdly sustained happiness for all us.

Muddy > What do you think of the relationship between man and a woman? Is it not just made out of convenience these days?
Rohit Roy > I definately don't think so. I think a relationship between a man and a woman is more than just convenience. But you have to take convenience in account before you get into a relationship.

Color_me_red > Do you believe in one-night stands?
Rohit Roy > One cannot dispute the fact that one night stands could be exciting and I would have had a better answer for you if you had asked me this question before I got married , I don't know about one night stands but I surely don't believe in divorces.

Jacko >  What's the best quotable quote you've ever come across? Which is your favourite book?
Rohit Roy > My favourite book is The Fountain Head by Ayn Rand.The quote which I most often quote is "I think ...therefore I am ..."

Manie > What's the one thing you've never compromised on in life?
Rohit Roy > I never compromise on the kind of work I do ..be it Ads, TV or films.Though it's sometimes difficult to refuse shit loads of money.

Guydelhi > What are the virtues you would like in your friends?
Rohit Roy > loyalty,simplicity and thoughtfulness .

Dsgf > Which actress is the most sexy according to you?
Rohit Roy > In Hollywood it is Anjelina Jolie and bollywood it would be Aishwarya Rai   ..

Joey > What do you think of Hollywood films compared to the Bollywood ones?
Rohit Roy > For starters they have much better budgets than us and secondly and more importantly their stories and content is far more original and futuristic.

Sign Off Message > Lots of love to all my fans and keep watching and blessing me and if you are woman call me. Love Rohit

*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Ronit IF-Dazzler
Ronit
Ronit

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 9:36am | IP Logged
THANKS A DOZENNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
kripawgr Goldie
kripawgr
kripawgr

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Manasi_16 IF-Rockerz
Manasi_16
Manasi_16

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Hey Ronit, I think U didn't read it properlyLOL That's not Ronit's interview, its his bro Rohit
Ackie Newbie
Ackie
Ackie

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 11:29am | IP Logged
thankies for sharin
happybite Groupbie
happybite
happybite

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top