Damini chat

princessriya Senior Member
princessriya
princessriya

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 5:50pm | IP Logged
Ritu Chaudhary
TV Actress
"I respond better when people call me by my screen name, Shobha"

Giga > Hi, how does it feel to have your real identity mixed up?
Ritu Chaudhary > It's really cool . I am quite used to it. In fact I respond better when people call me Shobha than Ritu.

Tina > Where are you from and how did you enter this field?
Ritu Chaudhary > I am from Mumbai. I was working with a corporate company when I began receiving offers for modelling and that' how i entered the field.

Rima > But to be known by your screen name and not to have your own identity, isn't it bad for your career in the long run? What happens after your character, Shobha's portrayal comes to an end on KSBKBT? Have you given it a thought?
Ritu Chaudhary > Those who matter (for my career) in the industry know me by my real name. It's only people outside the industry i.e. my fans who like to call me Shobha because they identify so well with my character which has become a part of their lives.

Adesh > Ritu how did you get your first break in the serial Saas Bhi Kabhi? Bahu Thi?
Ritu Chaudhary > I was working in a corporate firm. Balaji was looking for fresh faces and my photograph happened to reach them by chance. And luckily for me I got my first break.

Ramu > Why is it that most youngsters these days either want to be in films, TV or opt for modeling? Is it just for instant fame and money?
Ritu Chaudhary > It is for instant fame and money and most of them are attracted by the glamour of it all not realising that without proper educational background they are ruining their future in the long run .

Priya170 > What makes you look so good on screen Ritu?
Ritu Chaudhary > Thank you so much. My genes and you have to make your inner self reflect on the face (positive side of it ).

Adesh > Ritu what do you think about marriage?
Ritu Chaudhary > I think it's lovely. I am very happy being married -everyone should try it.

Khushi > Please tell something about your co-star Hiten?
Ritu Chaudhary > He is a really nice person. In fact if I were to have a brother in real life I would want him to be like Hiten. He is really caring courteous, funny and sweet.

Abc > What do you do to keep yourself so fit?
Ritu Chaudhary > I try to take care of my diet and I am also exercising a lot to lose some weight.

Khushi > I think you might be pretty hep in real life. Am I right?
Ritu Chaudhary > Yes, even the Indian outfits, I wear them with a touch of western look.

Adesh > Are you married ?
Ritu Chaudhary > Yes, very happily.

Jam > Don't you think Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi has become a drag now?
Ritu Chaudhary > No, I really don't think so . With so many twists and turns in the story it's become very interesting now.

Lilete > Have people stared recognsing you by your real name Ritu? And are you recognised on the streets?
Ritu Chaudhary > Yes, I am recognised on the streets and because of newspaper and magazine interviews people do know my real name.

Jigs > So you are married? When did you get married? Who is the lucky man? Is he an actor too?
Ritu Chaudhary > I got married three years back and my husband is not an actor. His name is Gautam Seth.

Khushi > Please can you give me your contact number? I am so happy today that I missed my class just to chat with you.
Ritu Chaudhary > It's really nice of you. But your class will help you more in life than I will. Please, as a request, don't miss any classes in the future. All the best.

Chinky > If people find Saas-Bahu serials boring then don't you think that they may find the characters in it boring as well? Isn't it worrisome? Does it worry you?
Ritu Chaudhary > No not really because for the last three years the Saas Bahu trend has given me success and fame, you name it.

Sonia > Do you think once your role of Shobha will come to an end, you will go into oblivion? Right now your popularity is due to the character you are playing on the TV.
Ritu Chaudhary > That depends on what direction I let my career take because Shobha is not the only character I have played. I have done a lot of other successful shows like Kuch Jhuki Palkien, Dil Na Jaane and will keep doing the same in the future.

Ritu u r sweet > You look same as Tulsi. Are you her sister in real life? And, do you have any future plans to join films?
Ritu Chaudhary > Thank you very much. No, I am not related to her in any way. It's just a coincidence. I have just done a crossover film, which is being made for international film festivals only. I don't have any plans for the mainstream cinema right now.

Jigs > Was yours a love marriage? What does your hubby do? How did you meet him? Do you guys have kids?
Ritu Chaudhary > I had a love marriage. My husband is a Businessman and I have known him since college (for 10 years). We don't have kids as yet.

Khushi > So Ritu, any plans to join Bollywood?
Ritu Chaudhary > Nothing concrete as yet but I am open to it.

Ritu u r sweet > How comfortable are you with your role and have you done any acting course or classes? Do you have a background in acting before you started doing this serial?
Ritu Chaudhary > I am very comfortable in front of the camera and I have not taken any acting course. I don't really have a background in acting.

Manju > How did you get into theatres?
Ritu Chaudhary > I always wanted to do theatre> And this was a good project which came up, so I just grabbed the opportunity to act in the play Sabse Bada Rupaiya .

Khushi > May I share your birthday?
Ritu Chaudhary > Ya sure – it's the 17th of May.

Lasc > Are you still modelling?
Ritu Chaudhary > No, not at the moment.

Ritu u r sweet > On the sets to whom are you closer and who helps you the most?
Ritu Chaudhary > I am very close to Shilpa Saklanii (Ganga). She is my best friend.

Adesh > I want to become an actor. What should I do?
Ritu Chaudhary > You will have to get your pictures professionally clicked and then distribute them to all the coordinators and ad agencies and production houses .

Ritu u r sweet > How was the trip to Switzerland? Have you done many ad films or any plans for modelling still?
Ritu Chaudhary > My trip was really good fun. I have not done any ad recently but m looking out for a good one.

Jafaf > What are your future plans? Plan to retire when you are still young? And be content just being a housewife?
Ritu Chaudhary > I don't really plan so much (ahead) for the future and like to take life as it comes...

Sign Off Message > Thank you all so much for chatting with me today. It was really nice. Good luck and god bless. Please don't forget to watch my serial, every night.

*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
preity*zinta IF-Sizzlerz
preity*zinta
preity*zinta

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
how do u get to talk wid da starz?
Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Its shobha..Not Damini...Thanks for the article Riya...
nandinee Senior Member
nandinee
nandinee

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing
cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:43pm | IP Logged

Thanx forarticle.

Its Shobha not Damini. Damini'sname is Riva bubber.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top