Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

the_rain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

Oh, you decided to continue...good, actually great🥳

Can't wait to see what happens next...I bet Arnav designed the dress keeping Khushi in mind...😆
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Part IV

Just leave it as it is…A voice spoke from behind….Khushi looked up to see him standing….

+++++++

No no Sir, I will not do anything on her, she will not wear it on the ramp anyway I think…The tailor quickly replied, it was just an observation……

Arnav stood watching Khushi, who was frozen on the spot, from her feet to head, his eyes climbed studying her, resting briefly on her on her bosom, her lips and finally bore into her eyes, Khushi's eyes fluttered under the intense glance, she remembered the incident, her cheeks became red, with another smoldering glance, Arnav Singh Raizada turned and walked out of the room….

Bapre I thought he would strangle me any moment, Lavanya slumped down on the first available stool as he walked out….

And I thought he was going to devour your Chamkili on this very spot only we came in his way…Jazz observed to which most models nodded in agreement….

ASR aur Chamkili, what rub….Lavanya turned to look at Khushi, Khushi gave an embarrassed look and raised her hands, I told you Lavanyaji, aaj toh mai bach gayi , mujhe zindahi gar dete idharhi as he does not like me modeling his dresses, trying to hide her face from others reading Khushi turned ran towards the changing room….

++++++

Arnav went back to his office, taking out the folder he opened the specific page and stared at his sketch, he smiled to himself, no he has not got it wrong, almost perfect measurements, he could have made the neck a bit more defined as the tailor was wanting but then it is Khushi, her modesty was something she guarded with her life, he recalled how a little while ago she was trying to cover her bosom with her dupatta when she saw him hovering over her….in age and time when girls were….

ASR, Akash entered with a brief knock, Arnav quickly closed the master folder and looked up…..

The rest of the rooms of Sheesh Mahal are now painted and remodeled as per latest needs, here is the latest photographs, Arnav handed over a CD alongwith a folder containing the photographs for you to design the linen and the upholstery….

Hmmm, what about the ones I had done already….

They are gone to the factory once ready we will place them in the rooms and take fresh photographs incase you will not be visiting Lucknow..

Ok since these rooms will be typical Indian design and not the Victorian ones we made earlier, get me some samples of cotton and linen fabrics too…a bit coarse ones for me to feel them before I design….

Sure Bhai, anything else?  Akash asked in crisp voice….he knew ASR hated people loitering around himself, being a creative person he loved his solitude, once he has given his decision, he would not entertain anyone anymore….

That's it I think for now Akash, he replied picking up the folder to see the photographs….Akash turned the knob to go out of the room when he heard….

Errr Akash, can you get me a Dupatta please?

Dupatta? Akash was stunned to hear such a peculiar request…..

Hmmm a dupatta…….ASR was looking lost thinking something…..Akash knew no use of telling his cousin that he was in the hotel business of ASR Group of Companies and not in the dress designing department…..

What colour Dupatta do you need Bhai?  Akash asked carefully….just incase ASR had made a mistake….

I don't need those designer stuff, you know the ones you get at the cheap road side hawkers….

You mean the ones like…like Khushiji wears…..Akash asked …..

ASR darted a glance towards the reception area which he could see from his office, as if he was searching for someone….yes he nodded….

Akash smiled and went out…..his brother acted weird at times but then creative people are weird….

+++++

As Akash walked out of the chamber he stood sometime pondering over the funny request Arnav made,  Arnav was aware that unlike him, Arnav had no clue about women clothing….he had done his hotel management and due to him, Arnav had decided to buy heritage properties and run them as hotels, he came down the stairs to go to his section in the office when he found Khushi hurrying past him, bye Akashji she wished as him darting a glance to see if ASR was in his chamber looking this side…..he was standing with his hands in his pockets and watching the reception…..Khushi did not waste anymore time, virtually ran out….

++++++++

Anjali stood in front of the mirror, she was wearing Arnav's latest design for her, inspite of her handicap she was her brother's favourite muse…some dresses are for show and some for wear, all my clients are not models so I have to cater to everybody's physic….Anjali smiled at the perfect fit, the cut had a touch of 70's fashion, trousers with a slight flair, the top too a bit longer than usual as Anjali did not like short tops, picking up her handbag she went towards her brother's studio to show it to him…

+++++++

Payal watched Khushi roaming about in the house a bit aimlessly, what is wrong with her, why is she not leaving for work for a couple of days now she has been not within herself.  What is wrong and it is so unlike Khushi to keep quiet about something…..was she again in some sort of trouble, Payal watched the clock…she herself had to go out, Akash had a funny request, wanted her help. Somehow Payal was not ready to talk about it with Khushi yet, she knew Khushi had reservations about the Raizada family, she went to work there out of compulsion…..more Akash just needed her help, he did not say about anything else….

Kyre Khushi kya baath hai?  Payal asked…..

Errr kuch nehi kuch nehi….

Kya kuch nehi, phir koi problem….

Ji..nehi nehi waisa kuch nehi, I think I will go now, picking up her bag she ran out….Payal shook her head…

+++++++

Anjali walked into his studio to see Arnav walking up and down the room speaking through his blue tooth to some buyer overseas…watching the hall below as he spoke….

Derek your country is under recession, do you think people will like to spend so much on my clothes for I have told you yesterday I will not reduce any prices, I cannot even, things are costly here and labour rates have gone up….

Anjali sat down waiting for him to finish….this room was specially designed by him, it had the best view of the outside and inside, though he loved to work in solitude, he also loved to observe people, colours, the effects of light etc, from this glass room, which was sound proof otherwise ,he stood hours and hours gazing out at times…..Anjali observed even while speaking on the phone, Arnav was noting the time, is he expecting another call, Anjali looked at her watch, she too had to go out lunch with friends, who were also clients of her brother just then she saw Jaiprakash darting across the hall and Khushi entering, Arnav went still watching her…

Ok Derek,that's it then, I think you are getting late by your time and I have said all I had to say, you take your decision and let me know, I will carry my best I promise but then I want my price….he disconnected the line and stood observing Khushi forgetting that his sister was waiting to speak to him, as Khushi went towards Lavanya's room away from his view, he turned….

Oh di?  When did you come….

A little while ago, Anjali observed her brother, Arnav lowered his eyes quickly, she reads his eyes like the back of her hand,  see I wore the dress she said standing up…Arnav went upto her to a better scrutiny….

+++++

Khushi found La sitting on the bed looking lost….Kya baath hai Lavanya ji, you are not up yet….

Chamkili I am tired…..

Hmmm with the show coming up, you are running after millions of things so I guess you should be tired….

Nehi Chamkili woh baath nehi hai….Lavanya looked sad…..

Khushi went around picking her things, tidying her room, somehow after that incident she could not meet Lavanya eye to eye…..

Are you not well?

Chamkili idhar a na , baith have tea with me…..

Khushi came over…..

You know Chamkili, Lavanya started with a bit of hesitation…..I don't know if shifting into this house was a good idea…..

Well I never supported it but then why are you saying this now?

Kaise batao tujhe Chamkili you are such a kid….Lavanya sounded frustrated….

Utna bhi nehi hu Lavanya ji, Khushi turned red remembering Arnav's kiss…

You know Chamkili before coming into this house, ASR and I, I mean he and I….tu samaj le…we were normal boy and girl, of course he had his moods lekin …tu samaj rahi hai na…..what I am trying to say…

Hmmm

Lekin idhar, I mean ek to Nani's dictums and secondly, lately mujhe lag rahi hai I have lost him, matlab he is not interested in me anymore ….

Khushi gave a nervous laughter, you are worrying too much Lavanya ji, it is just that you are too busy with work and so is he….

Nehi re  Chamkili, I know it is very difficult to understand ASR's heart, uske dil me kya hai, nobody knows but then he is a normal man with his needs…somehow …I don't know…..

Khushi stood up, looking flustered she tried to gather her wits…Lavanyaji enough of feeling self pity, now get up and lets get going for the day, just because you are so busy you are feeling like this, you have a show coming up and you are tensed a bit too much…chaliye chaliye uthiye….

+++++++++

Anjali returned after her lunch, her dress was very well appreciated by her friends, it was a fund raising lunch wherein she met top notch people, many wanted to know about her brother, she had a happy time distributing his business card….Jaiprakash informed her he was in the house, working in the studio….

Anjali went towards the studio to give the happy news…as she entered it her eyes fell on some discarded drawings, Anjali picked up, it looked like some bed sheets and pillow covers but it also seemed Arnav was not happy with it…..Anjali frowned, he was an organized man and seldom he threw things around,  Kya baath hai Chhote she asked to see him standing and watching, Anjali looked down, Khushi was teaching Lavanya how to make' jilebis' her stress buster ….Anjali observed her brother silently till the door opened Akash entered….

Bhai sorry for the delay, here is the du…hi di you are here too….Akash greeted…..

Hi Di when did you return?  How was your lunch…yes Akash what is it…

Bhai at last I could procure it with some expert advice of course, he scratched his head….

Hmmm keep it on the table, Arnav's eyes darted past to watch the scene below, Khushi was agitated moving her hands vigorously obviously Lavanya was not doing it correctly….

Bhai I got it in two three colours since you did not specify any….

Thanks ….he answered a bit absentmindedly…..as Akash left Anjali frowned at the packet on the table…'Dhak Dhak Dupatta house for all types of Dupattas etc etc……she walked upto stand next to her brother, Khushi looked nervous, she was darting a glance or two at this direction for last two days Khushi looked stressed out and now Anjali knew the reason why….

Chhote, I will not allow this…..yeh tum jaan lo, whatever you did with Lavanya, we accept  it as it was fine with her too but Khushi is different so, no we will not allow you or let's say cannot allow you…..

What are you saying Di?  Arnav looked at his sister

No wonder Khushi is  looking so flustered for last couple of days, she must be feeling it too, girls always do but then you do not believe in marriage so we cannot let you play with her virtue!!!

++++++++

FebruaryFlower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Fab update Tin!!!
I really like the way you've written this.
👏👏

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
wow i had a blast reading ur SS! lovely work and so imaginable too...
keep it up dear!!!
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Jayati. wonderful update. So Arnav is totally bowled over by Kushi now. When will this feeling get reciprocated?
PrasRas thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
please update. Real good ones😊
M_n_h thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
awesome update thanks
shuchita90 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
😆 
Loved your writing!!!!!

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Part V

No wonder Khushi is  looking so flustered for last couple of days, she must be feeling it too, girls always do but then you do not believe in marriage so we cannot let you play with her virtue!!!

++++++++

From the morning in the Raizada House there was chaos, today was the opening of 'Wills Fashion Week' the biggest fashion week in India, it was opening with ASR's Collection, they say the most coveted get the opening and the closing slot so it was a big day…On top of that Arnav was upset with the result of the linen/ upholstery for the hotel, he was upset with Akash, I don't want guests to feel that they are sleeping on a 'jute basta', these suites are the best ones and they will be paying through their nose to sleep here etc etc., in another room Lavanya was going crazy, trying to put her business suit, her cocktail dress, things she had to carry, the various list, her mobile phones, her makeup box, the CDs to be played during the ramp walk, oh so many things…

Chamkili, Chamkili she was making Khushi run about packing her things, forgetting some and repacking them once again….

Lavanyaji calm down calm down, you are making me tensed too, Khushi complained…..

Lavanya are you ready?  Arnav barked….

O yes yes ASR, come Khushi help me …they picked up their things and ran out, ASR was already sitting in the car….his favourite SUV, Khushi opened the back door and loaded with the things as Lavanya made herself comfortable in the passenger seat….

Sab kuch rakh diya na Chamkili….

Ji everything, all the best Lavanyaji, have a nice day, I will be at home otherwise you can contact me on by Bua's mobile, I will be taking it incase I go out, just to remind you something incase you are looking for something, Khushi kept her voice as steady as possible trying to ignore the presence of ASR and closed the door waiting for the car to make the move, instead it remained standing, roaring but still, Khushi tried to ignore it, with her head bowed through the side view mirror she saw a pair of sunglasses, with his jaws clenched, he was waiting for her clearly, Khushi bit her lips, trying to look normal as possible….

Khushiji I think you better get going with Chhote, at the green room an extra pair of hands is always more than welcome….isn't it Chhote, Anjali who had come to see them off too commented….

Arnav put his hand behind and opened the door instead….woh mai…I had told jiji that I will….

Don't worry Khushi I will call and inform your house….Anjali was her polite self..aur Chhote remember what I said to you, he barely grunted…..saying a silent prayer Khushi got into the car…it zoomed out of the gates …

+++++++

What was Anjali Di saying to you ASR, Lavanya asked in a low voice….

That is between me and her La, nothing to do with you, he almost snapped…..

Lavanya looked out of the window making Khushi feel more guilty, she did not want to be a witness to their fights, she bit her lips to see he was driving with a stoic face, no idea if he was staring at her or not….

Lavanyaji how did you feel when you first attended such a show?

Oh Chamkili, Lavanya rubbed eyes, taking a deep breath she replied…kya batayo I was in the institute and we latched onto every opportunity to help out during such shows, become assistant to the stylist, hairdresser etc etc., ,most of the times working free without payment, just for experience sake….hmmm in one such show I met ASR, he was modeling in that show but then rest is history…

You did modeling also, that was a news to Khushi…she asked the question spontaneously…..

He raised his eyebrow, you are yet to know me Khushi he replied as a matter of fact….

Humph…Khushi became silent, does she really want to know him, she was not sure….

++++++++++

They entered a big hotel, Khushi's eyes became round, she had never seen anything so big….

Bapre she exclaimed as they got down from the car….

Chamkili don't be scared, people here are just like you and me, Lavanya was suddenly looking very professional, calling the bell boy and handing over their luggage, Khushi clutched onto her side bag, her hands already sweating, what she was doing here she did not know, feeling very out of place….

Come with me, there was a soft touch on her back as Arnav waited for Khushi to move forward, as Khushi followed Lavanya, he followed her, the heels of his shoes firmly clicking on the stone floor somehow made her feel secured….they were directed towards the banquet hall, the smaller banquet will be used as their green room, the bell boy showed them in,  Khushi froze at the door…..

Abh kya huwa, he asked from behind….

Hey ram!!  Khushi exclaimed closing her eyes….Arnav looked in to see the models were walking around the room in various stages of undress, some were taking makeup, some getting their hair done, rest waiting for their turn….

Mai hu na dar kis baath ki, he virtually whispered into her ears, Khushi's eyes flew open, hay Devi ma isi baath ki toh daar hai, she mumbled to herself and stumbled in…….

Areh chamkili a gayi….one of the model recognizing her asked……

Ji a giri….Khushi replied…..

Hi ASR, Hi Jaanu, hello love the models greeted him, some even kissed him, he returned their greetings and kisses, with her arms around herself, Khushi stood praying nobody does the same to her, Man this man looks so hot in tracksuit even someone commented….Khushi gave a side glance, he was hugging a model in her skimpy underwear, even slapped her bottom, being eye to eye he winked at her, Khushi turned her face away…what is wrong with him she wondered…..

Chamkili idhar sun tera kaam yeh hoga, that you will zip all the models up, once they wear their dresses, they will not bend even to avoid the crease so you will button them up as per this drawing, keep these pages for your reference, they will come to you in that order…theek hai, Lavanya instructed….

Ji, Khushi nodded her head….

ASR clapped his hands, everybody listen to me, some instructions instructions and nothing new…same old thing but it is worthwhile to have them repeated…..

Jazz showed Khushi where she should wait for the models, they will come to you, tu idhar she maath hilna, she put a placard even, ZIP UP!!  It read….Khushi watched the hall, inspite of the disorder they were some order, they were following a sequence, nobody was perturbed by the state of undress or nakedness around, ASR was going around, inspecting the makeup, hairdos etc., at one point she saw him drawing eyes of a model, showing how he wants it, unknown to Khushi, she was following his every movement….

Will you zip me up!!  A thick voice asked….

Khushi looked up to see a tall hunk standing before her…sure why not….Khushi glanced at her sheet, Manish is it…upto three buttons…here you go…Khushi started her job, she saw ASR coming and standing beyond her, once the models were ready they went upto him for his final nod…..

Hello Nati….another voice greeted her….

Hi Lombu, Khushi replied spontaneously ….

Jara nada kas de….

Nade ka toh pata nehi, but you are not supposed to button up as per this drawing….

Ho, I know isiliye jara kas de otherwise pata chala upar bhi khali niche bhi khali, the model's eyes danced, indicating his harem pants were slipping, waise maine niche pehna hai, tujhe sharmane ki koi jaroorat nehi hai….except if it falls off it will make first page news…..wardrobe malfunction they call it….

Khushi glanced sideways to see ASR watching them with hooded eyes, ready to pounce on the poor man…

Nehi nehi kahe ki sharam, the moment I entered this room, mai laaj sharam bahar rakhkar a gayi…..

Waise tu baate bahut achhi kar leti, thoda nati hai nehi toh we would have made a nice pair, the man observed….Khushi beamed at him….like Amitabh and Jaya?

Vicky I think that is enough, you have been buttoned up now come here…Arnav barked….

Mujhse jalta hai, all men do you know, suddenly Vicky changed his track…hai Arnav love, I would love to come to you but then Jai is so possessive you know, he does not like too many men around me…..

Khushi's eyes nearly popped out, Arnav gave a look of disdain and tolerance ….

Okay everyone the show is about to start in an 15 minutes, on your mark, I am outside in the wings just to setting the music…Lavanya went out…suddenly the room became silent, except everybody's hands moved briskly, giving finishing touches and catching up….

Okay line up….Jazz commanded …and show stopper you stand at the end….Khushi gave a smile to the girl about her height looking like a fairy and beautiful, she had also worn this dress she thought…..

Khushi watched Jazz telling the models the finer details when ASR interrupted, Jazz don't forget that thing….

Boss I will not, you relax and change….Jazz showed her thumbs up…he picked up his tuxedo and went behind the screen, Khushi watched Jazz, patting and wishing luck to all the models before she led them out towards the back stage, suddenly Khushi found the room virtually empty, except for the makeup artists, hairdressers their assistants, relaxing, smoking or drinking tea/ coffee..what will I do now…Khushi come here, he called out….

Kidhar ?  Khushi's voice squeaked….

Idhar a hand gestured sticking out from the  screen, Khushi looked around, the people present in the room were engrossed with themselves…Khushi hurry up, he barked, I have to 'take the bow'….Khushi ran and saw him standing, bare chested with his shirt buttons undone….

Kya hai ji…Khushi squeaked involuntarily…..

Ji kasth karke jara mera buttons laga dengi….

Mai?  Khushi's eyes became round….

I think all this while you were doing this only…..

Ji mai ji…..

Hurry up Khushi, you want me to walk like this to take the bow….he asked in a stern voice….

With her hands shaking, she grabbed the lower end on his shirt, buttoning from the last button, he stood still with his eyes hooded….as she reached the middle button, he grabbed her hand and placed it on his bare chest, Khushi felt his heart thudding, this is what you do to me, he growled….Khushi tried to release her hand, he held it for few seconds more before releasing it, bowing her head Khushi completed her job, tucking the shirt in his waistband, in he whispered now wish me luck, this is the first time I am doing the opening show…

Best of luck, Mr …Khushi's voice shook, the heat was becoming too much for her to bear….

What about a kiss too…he lowered his face ….

Khushi clenched her jaws, Khushi I am waiting he growled again…

In this world kissing was not a crime Khushi has seen everybody all this while, kissing, pecking, patting, hugging each other….so no use of crying foul, she raised her face and said boldly Best of luck Sir and placed a kiss on his forehead…

Arnav smiled, taking off his jacket off the hook, he handed it over to her, as he fastened his bowtie, she held out the jacket for him to slid his arms, once through, he quickly turned, gathering her into his arms for a tight squeeze he placed a hard kiss on her lips before walking out…

Khushi stood stunned….the sound of clapping reaching her, she wanted to leave as tears welled into her eyes but then she could not go without telling Lavanya, it would be a crime, she walked out to go into the main banquet, peeping in from the side door  behind Jazz who was now whispering at the  questions from the press, she saw Arnav walking onto the ramp, with the show stopper, the girl's head and face was covered with a 'Dupatta 'like Khushi wore, as they walked up the ramp, he raised his hand to take it off, the girl's hair almost done like Khushi, infact the whole concept had an 'awe' effect on the audiences, Arnav stepped back as the girl showed her dress, people got up on their feet to clap, with photographers busy clicking, Arnav and his models took their bow, giving flying kisses etc something which Khushi had all this while seen in TV, she felt so alien to this world, is this the man who kissed her a few minutes ago, Khushi bit her lips when her eyes fell on Lavanya who was standing next to the photographers, she had a queer expression on her face…..as if she has got to see something which she was missing all this while….

++++++

FebruaryFlower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Fab update hun!!!
I really enjoyed this part.
😊