Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

sabz_m

Goldie

sabz_m

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 7:26am | IP Logged
this is a difficult issue. i would b very much against my child if he/she be gay. thats not acceptable. other things like marryin a diff caste it ok dont mind that. but i guess i'l never kno how i would deal wit these issues till i have children u can't really say what u feel now cos u could feel differently abt certain issues later in ur life.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "would u disown ur child (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Henna 786

here is a question for all u  debaters

would u disown ur child if they followed a different relignsweion or they say they r gay or they married a different caste??

answers r needed....

Henna x

if my kid converts to a different religion because she believes in that then i have no objection. i won't even care if she marries someone from a different caste. all i care is that the guy should be highly educated and have a very good job.

but i never can accept any of my closed ones turning out to be homosexual. few months back when we debated on gay marriages i supported that its their choice and i still believe that but i can't accept my kid or sibling or a close friend to be homosexual. i know i sound like a hypocrite but i still need time to accept this type of relationship and i am not sure if i ever will. so my equation with them won't be the same once i learn about their preference. 

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
I would not disown my child.... Tongue

sabz_m

Goldie

sabz_m

Posted: 26 January 2006 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bluepink

Originally posted by Henna 786

here is a question for all u  debaters

would u disown ur child if they followed a different relignsweion or they say they r gay or they married a different caste??

answers r needed....

Henna x

if my kid converts to a different religion because she believes in that then i have no objection. i won't even care if she marries someone from a different caste. all i care is that the guy should be highly educated and have a very good job.

but i never can accept any of my closed ones turning out to be homosexual. few months back when we debated on gay marriages i supported that its their choice and i still believe that but i can't accept my kid or sibling or a close friend to be homosexual. i know i sound like a hypocrite but i still need time to accept this type of relationship and i am not sure if i ever will. so my equation with them won't be the same once i learn about their preference. 

i feel the same abt this. i don't thnk i can ever accept sum1 close to me being gay.

mad_cap

IF-Rockerz

mad_cap

Posted: 26 January 2006 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
Whether it is a different religion, a gay, or marriage to different caste - my child remains my child and that fact does not change. I will not disown my child for such petty reasons.
Every individual is free to practise any religion of their choice, free to have their own sexual preferences. And that also applies for my child. I do not believe in preaching or writing about these and then shutting my mind when it comes to my child. I know there are many who follow this hypocrisy - not me. As far as marriage into a different caste (or even different religion) is concerned, I don't think it is a big issue. We are all human beings first - caste and religion are our creation. If my child is sick and needs blood, do I really care about the caste or religion of the donor. If a sick person comes to me, should I refuse treatment because of his caste. I cannot. And that applies also if my child marries into a different caste or religion.

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 12:33am | IP Logged
i know some people are god but i am only human.

mad_cap

IF-Rockerz

mad_cap

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bluepink

i know some people are god but i am only human.

bluepink, its not god. we are all humans. we have different perspectives. it is quite natural that they are different.

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 27 January 2006 at 7:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mad_cap

Whether it is a different religion, a gay, or marriage to different caste - my child remains my child and that fact does not change. I will not disown my child for such petty reasons.
Every individual is free to practise any religion of their choice, free to have their own sexual preferences. And that also applies for my child. I do not believe in preaching or writing about these and then shutting my mind when it comes to my child. I know there are many who follow this hypocrisy - not me. As far as marriage into a different caste (or even different religion) is concerned, I don't think it is a big issue. We are all human beings first - caste and religion are our creation. If my child is sick and needs blood, do I really care about the caste or religion of the donor. If a sick person comes to me, should I refuse treatment because of his caste. I cannot. And that applies also if my child marries into a different caste or religion.

well ,

the point u have mentioned are valid points. Sometimes we all become a liitle hypocrite on what we say and what we practice.I think it is because may be we become weak when it comes to soceity, we thin k what people will say if they will come to kinow this and that.We forget its our kids we are talking about.If tommrorow something is gonna happen to them nobody from this  so called soceity is gonna come . its u and u only.

what iam trying to say is , if u strongly believe in what u say  and u practice what u say, u cannot do anything wrong!!!

Edited by dolly - 27 January 2006 at 10:38am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top