Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Henna 786

IF-Stunnerz

Henna 786

Posted: 24 January 2006 at 4:54am | IP Logged

here is a question for all u  debaters

would u disown ur child if they followed a different relignsweion or they say they r gay or they married a different caste??

answers r needed....

Henna x

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "would u disown ur child" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 24 January 2006 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Good question.

I'll answer this absolutely frankly with my own views and not just for the sake of debating.

Very very difficult to predict how I'm gonna react when faced with such.

Edit:

After having thought this over, I find that it will be very very difficult, if not impossible, to actually disown my child. True it would be traumatic for me personally if my child did something which made a direct hit on my values and beliefs.

However, if we are to call ourselves educated, we should be able to accept and live with the fact that every individual will have his (her) own preferences and we have no right to trample on those.

Edited by Jatayu - 24 January 2006 at 9:31pm

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 24 January 2006 at 6:11am | IP Logged
I think it depends upon individual nature and personality. For me simple "no" I can never disowned my child...things you mentioned are too petty and small to disowned my precious possession.....I really don't appreciate parents who disowned their child because they change their religion, or if they turn out to be gay/lesbian or marry intercast. Yes, I would probably be upset with them for some time and it may hurt my feelings but that won't stop be loving him/her and I can never thing about disowning someone I brought into this world.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 24 January 2006 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Henna 786

here is a question for all u  debaters

would u disown ur child if they followed a different relignsweion or they say they r gay or they married a different caste??

answers r needed....

Henna x

I don't think i'll ever disown my child . Too strong a thing to do . But i'll accept my child to be gay. If he /she married a different caste is acceptable too . But i may not find converting into another religon acceptable at all !! I would be furious and may not want to interact with him/her for a long time . But i will come around.Tongue

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 24 January 2006 at 9:13am | IP Logged
to be honest I donot know.
Its a very sensitive issue and something u donot think about.I know if the question would be just marrying in a different religion I wont be that out of shape.As long as the couple is happy I wont have the problem but for others...

Edited by dolly - 24 January 2006 at 9:15am

MS.ATTITUDE

Goldie

MS.ATTITUDE

Posted: 24 January 2006 at 10:00am | IP Logged
i donno wat wd i do if GODFORBIDS this happens.

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 24 January 2006 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
i would never abondon my child cos firstly
im a very emotional, and soft person, if i do i dont think i'll be able to sleep, or i'll have nightmares or something
socondly, its not right, cos however they r like they ard yr children, but lets just hope nothing like that happens with me

Henna 786

IF-Stunnerz

Henna 786

Posted: 25 January 2006 at 5:37am | IP Logged
one of ma friends sedthey will disown their child cuz religion cums first

Post Reply New Post

Go to top