India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

LIVE CHAT - Gaurav Gera (Nandu)

Starryskies Groupbie
Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actor, Gaurav Gera at 15.00 hrs on Monday, February 28, 2005 in Mumbai

Gaurav Gera - TV actor

"I am happy that when a lot of people cast a simpleton, they look for someone like 'Nandu'. But in real life, I'm neither a simpleton nor a dude."

Kali > Hey, what made you take up acting?
Gaurav Gera > I think acting used to attract me .I wanted to do variety of roles, as In (play) different lives in one life.

Remany > Where are you from and why did you shift to Mumbai? Where were you working before? How do you find the Mumbai city?
Gaurav Gera > I am from Gurgoan (in Haryana and near Delhi). I shifted because Mumbai is the hub for acting, and I wanted to be nothing but an actor. For me, Mumbai was the place to be in. I was working with a fashion house back home. I have studied fashion from Pearl Academy in Delhi. I love Mumbai, genuinely!

Clod > You are quite a dude in real life and (are) not at all seedha-saadha (simpleton) like 'Nandu' of Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin. Is it true?
Gaurav Gera > I am just easy. I don't think I am a dude. I am not that seedha saddha either; just a little seedha saadha!

Gdfg > Since you work for a "fashion house" in Jassii..... let me ask ---- what
sort of clothes do you personally like to wear?
Gaurav Gera > I like casuals. Mostly, you will see me in torn jeans with a short khadi kurta or may be a colourful banyan (vest) and an open shirt thrown on top of the vest.

Muni > What sort of women do you like -- Jassi Jaisi, ya phir, Mallika Jaisi? I
mean do you like stylish, glamourus, hot women or the girl-next-door types?
Gaurav Gera > I would prefer a hot girl living next door.

Dimples > How are you? You are really cute!
Gaurav Gera > Thank you so much Dimple! I am good, but right now dreading the dance rehearsals for an event.

Beka > Is 'Nandu' going to have a make over like 'Jassi'?
Gaurav Gera > I already had a little make over. The clothes are better. But I don't Know to what extent they will go because the channel does not disclose the story too much to us.

Jidg > Are you doing any movie? Will you move to Hindi cinema finally?
Gaurav Gera > I would love to, but as of now my two shows are keeping me busy. I would also choose my work in films; I am in no hurry.

Hira > How do you view your present popularity? Has all this fame taken you by
surprise?
Gaurav Gera > I like the fact that I get positive feedback, and I like it that people find me adorable and not a dude who they think twice about approaching. Yeah, the fame and success of the show is a surprise .

Kali > What sort of roles would you like to do in films - comedy ones?
Gaurav Gera > Comedy, yes. I love comedy. Apart from that I find to play a regular guy boring. Psychotic roles with negative shades would excite me.

Mihir > Gaurav, after 'Nandu', have you started receiving roles on TV only of a
simpleton? Also, don't you think that you have unknowingly cultivated an image of a bumbling simpleton?
Gaurav Gera > I am happy that when a lot of people cast a simpleton they say that they want someone "very Nandu." Apart from that I do get calls for playing different roles because I think the makers (generally) are more excited about showing the other side of me (i.e. the non-simpleton look).

Wilien > Will 'Jassi' fall for 'Nandu' or 'Armaan', finally?
Gaurav Gera > I think, she will fall for 'Armaan.'

Lagey_raho > Don't you think that you are doing comic role more?
Gaurav Gera > As I said, I enjoy lighter stuff more. I think, I would continue doing that also.

Lombu > How did you manage to bag Nandu's role?
Gaurav Gera > I had four meetings with the producers and they had about three options for 'Nandu'. And may be, I faired well in the audition.

Lagey_raho > So, will you settle with 'Pari' or your dream gal is yet to be cast in Jassi...... ?
Gaurav Gera > Yeah, 'Pari' has been the dream for 'Nandu' but you never know. Watch out for surprises. Lagey Raho!

Kali > When is your birthday?
Gaurav Gera > 23rd of September.

Lagey_raho > What do you do when you are not shooting ?
Gaurav Gera > I hang around with friends, watch movies and I am online on the net. I love to cook and I love to meet new people.

Kazi > Has 'Nandu' had any impact on your life?
Gaurav Gera > Not really, but this role is very close to my heart.

Lagey_raho > In reality, Gaurav Gera is what kind of person?
Gaurav Gera > Easy. I am friendly. People say I am nice. I don't think so. I laugh a lot and (also) very moody.

Pari > Who is your favourite co star? Also, did 'Pari' invite you to her wedding? I mean the actress and your costar, Mannini De, or was it too sudden?
Gaurav Gera > Jassi (Mona Singh), Jassi's dad (Billu uncle ji) and Pari (Mannini) are my favourite costars. I was the first one to know about it (Mannini's wedding plans). I couldn't attend the wedding, as I was in Goa at the time.

Kali > How come your name is still not linked with any of your costars?
Gaurav Gera > Maybe because I am not see with them, and the truth is that Mumbai links you with people whoever you are seen with.

Lagey_raho > We know about Nandu's dream gal. What about Gaurav Gera's dream gal? When is Gaurav gonna marry?
Gaurav Gera > In one or two years. Right now I am concentrating on my work. And there is no time for any Jhanjhat.

Sign Off Message > Chill, enjoy. Life is too short and you realise your problems are so small when you hear of tsunamis and other crises happening around the world.

ummm Senior Member
ummm
ummm

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Cool article! Thank you!
Deli Senior Member
Deli
Deli

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 9:25am | IP Logged

Awwww! He sounds like such a sweet guy, what a cutie.

Thank you for the transcript Starryskies.

Wilien > Will 'Jassi' fall for 'Nandu' or 'Armaan', finally?
Gaurav Gera > I think, she will fall for 'Armaan.'

Oooooooo, I like, I like.

rouble Senior Member
rouble
rouble

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 9:41am | IP Logged

awwwwwwww.........he's soooooooo cute.

thanks for sharing starryskies!

RenuNag Groupbie
RenuNag
RenuNag

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 10:15am | IP Logged
thanks for that.... i enjoyed reading it....!
EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 10:35am | IP Logged
thanks for the article starry!
mikagurl23 IF-Dazzler
mikagurl23
mikagurl23

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 10:38am | IP Logged

Muni > What sort of women do you like -- Jassi Jaisi, ya phir, Mallika Jaisi? I
mean do you like stylish, glamourus, hot women or the girl-next-door types?
Gaurav Gera > I would prefer a hot girl living next door.

LOL! thats just too funny! thanks!

-mika

nishi IF-Dazzler
nishi
nishi

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:20am | IP Logged

thanx for the article !!!!!!!!!

he looks like a person who doen't show off !!!!!!!!Clap

Go to top