Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet freedom thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
well, i really wanna know the whole story about saddam, cos of course we havent been told about it by teachers or anything, and i find news boring, and if i ask a friend they start discussing something linked with it, but as i dont know anything about it, i cant understand...so can someone plz tell me 😳
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: goth princess

well, i really wanna know the whole story about saddam, cos of course we havent been told about it by teachers or anything, and i find news boring, and if i ask a friend they start discussing something linked with it, but as i dont know anything about it, i cant understand...so can someone plz tell me 😳

O.K briefly in a nutshell for you . Saddam Husein was a charismatic leader of the Ba'ath party in Iraq . He became the president/ Dictator of Iraq. He was known to be a modren in his thinking . Women got a lot of freedom ,he modernised the Iraqi economy , had Western judicial system . He is known to improve the infrastructure ,aids to farmers and many good policies

Now like every Dictator uses terror , he was no less . There was a separatist movement in a part of Iraq occupied by Kurds , Saddam Gassed 5,000 Kurds to death ,maimeed 10,000 people.
There was an attempt to assasinate Saddam which failed . Saddam's army killed a town full of people - some 200 people to leave a message .

As of now he is in prison in Iraq( was captured by U.S Soldiers in 2003) and is facing trial amongst his people(Iraqis)  for genocide (killing of thousands) amongst other things .

Hope my brief helped in understanding Saddam story . 😊
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Sania if you were thinking about Osama not being caught . Are you aware 10 days ago , Osama's right hand man Al- Zuari was finally killed by U.S bombing in Pakistan . Inshallah Next we will hear about Osama Bin Laden .
cRaZyGrL192 thumbnail
i think he should rot in jail... first of all i dont think the punishment for killing people should be death itself. to me it doesnt make sense to show killing people or harming people is wrong bye killing someone as an example. Secondly i think killing him would be an easy punishment for all the wrong things he has done.
sweet freedom thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

O.K briefly in a nutshell for you . Saddam Husein was a charismatic leader of the Ba'ath party in Iraq . He became the president/ Dictator of Iraq. He was known to be a modren in his thinking . Women got a lot of freedom ,he modernised the Iraqi economy , had Western judicial system . He is known to improve the infrastructure ,aids to farmers and many good policies

Now like every Dictator uses terror , he was no less . There was a separatist movement in a part of Iraq occupied by Kurds , Saddam Gassed 5,000 Kurds to death ,maimeed 10,000 people.
There was an attempt to assasinate Saddam which failed . Saddam's army killed a town full of people - some 200 people to leave a message .

As of now he is in prison in Iraq( was captured by U.S Soldiers in 2003) and is facing trial amongst his people(Iraqis)  for genocide (killing of thousands) amongst other things .

Hope my brief helped in understanding Saddam story . 😊

thanx aparna, well i say he should be given to the dementorsor stay in jail, for the rest of his life

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: goth princess

thanx aparna, well i say he should be given to the dementorsor stay in jail, for the rest of his life........like Azkaban ???.😃

doux thumbnail
if saddam wud be given death penalty or life imprisonment or wateva....bush shud also be sent to jail or hanged coz hes also no different!
rebelqueen thumbnail
i think life imprisonment-will suffer more
Aparna_BD thumbnail
8 people said : Let the bugger rot in jail .
while 1 said : death penalty .
2 seem like Saddam sypathisers . 😕

Interesting findings .
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: doux

if saddam wud be given death penalty or life imprisonment or wateva....bush shud also be sent to jail or hanged coz hes also no different!

Bush did not gas Americans like Saddam gassed his own people , the Kurds .