Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

justprati

Goldie

justprati

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
hey guys this is Prati...
n m super excited...jst 4 more days to go people...so th8 of posting my take regarding d cast of d show

Well, 'Dhoop Kinaray' is a very classic n legendary show aired on 1987 n its been ruling d tv screens since then...The leads 'Rahat Kazmi' n 'Marina Khan' did a fav job as 'Dr.Ahmer' n 'Dr. Zoya Ali Khan'...the characters r a legends in themselves, much loved n adored characters by millions across South Asia.
When Kamlesh Pandey was given d task to write d script he always had mr. Monish Behl in his mind as d male protagonist. In a way, we can assume that Monish was destined to play d role...ya I agree that since its d remake so comparisons will definitely arise n romancing a much younger girl isn't an easy task as well'bt, since the writer had MB in his mind while writing the character sketch so he will deffo do the justice plus, his amazing acting skills n fabulous performances in both movies n telly industry r really admirable. I liked him ri8 from d days of 'Maine Pyar Kiya' n 'Hum Sath Sath Hai'. He's one of d flawless performer in d industry n gets into d skin of d character effortlessly. So, I completely agree that none other than Monish Behl can essay the legendary role of Dr. Amher.

But again, essaying d role of d leading lady isn't any different. There r certain hurdles d female protagonist mi8 actuly, will hav to face'

1. The script demands a much younger girl in her early twenties that means somebody abt 26 years younger than MB. Even when Marina n Rahat did DK they were 25 n 41 age difference was 16 years bt here its 26'ur romancing onscreen wid someone of ur dad's age.

See, if u luv someone much older than romancing wid him mi8 not b a big deal n perfectly fine  as love doesn't see any age barrier. But, if u r pretending to love'yes, it'd b awkward n d sense of hesitation definitely arises.

2. Here u r not only romancing wid someone senior in age but also senior in acting, skills career n experience. Monish is jst amazing, experienced n flawless performer so d pressure point of matching up to a co-star who is already a legend always lies there.

3. The character of Zoya Ali Khan is a legend as well n much loved n adored by millions for d past 2 decades. As its d remake so d comparisons betn Nidhi n Zoya will definitely arise. People want to see her like Zoya'her looks her nature n even her hairstyle'so in short, lots of comparisons n criticisms... sometimes unusual criticisms as well

4. DK was an amazing classic which is ruling d small screens for d past two decades wid its simplicity. And since KTLK is a remake so viewer's expectations r already reaching d heights of Everest'so d fear of not living up to their expectations always lies there.

No matter, how good actress u r... u must deal wid certain fears'

Thats why, any girl who can jst act cannot b br8 to essay d role of Zoya'there's much more to do n much more to deal wid than 'jst acting' n... same is d case wid d male protagonist too. So if any actress is chosen to essay d role she must b really special n m happie dat its our Kritika.

In an IV she said, "yes d fear is always there. Fear of not being able to do it well, fear to live up to viewers expectations n in some way I guess it must b there'coz only then I will b concerned n more focused to my character n come out wid a nice performance" n I really liked what she said. ClapShe always takes d criticisms in a +ve way n tries improve herself n deliver amazing performances. Luv her attitude n down to earth nature. M not only d fan of d character she portrays bt also d kind of attitude n personality she bears in her real life. I really admire her talent n personality.Day Dreaming

Thus, reallyyy happie wid d cast they've come up wid Thumbs Up 'd actors n artists approached to portray d roles other than d leads r also really talented n have delivered some amazing performances in d past. So super excited for d show to kick start. The promos r really rockinggg n m already feeling d chemistry betn d leads as well LOL'jst can't wait to see d heart warming luv saga of Dr. Nidhi n Dr.Ashutosh'Day Dreaming

wow jst 4 days to go  Big smile

Edited by justprati - 29 September 2011 at 12:24am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

madhurameshanshrutireddygr8KaranKittu4evasur.Ahlaweya..-Surabhi-..Mehek25shibzshamilRajinilicious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "my take on d cast" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mehek25

IF-Rockerz

Mehek25

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Superb post dear. U have analysed it beautifully. I have also seen DK but since I just watched it last week on You tube i only got to see the 10-12 minute episodes.

But I agree with u 100% that it was a classic show. More because of its simplicity and above all the superb acting not only of the lead pair but ALL the characters were beautifully enacted.

I have gr8 expectations from this show...not only because of MB (whom I have loved from Hum aapke hain kaun days) but also from the maker Rajan Sahi. I think he will do justice to the show and make sure it comes upto our expectations.

So keeping fingers crossed and eagerly waiting for the clock to strike 8pm on the 3rd of October...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

justpratiKaranKittu4evashamilRajinilicious

shamil

IF-Sizzlerz

shamil

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Good to see that my post in another topic gave u enough inspiration to make a new oneLOL
By the way i never said any girl who can ' jst 'act, i said any girl who can act; there is a lot of difference between the two sentences.
When the show was announced it was  KK fans who were making a hue n cry over the selection of MB as the lead of KTLK. My comment was just a retort to those people.
By the way I too am impressed by KK in the promos. There is a grace in her that pulls one towards her. Looking forward to see both MB & KK sizzle in their respective rolesSmile

Edited by shamil - 28 September 2011 at 11:48pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

justpratiKaranKittu4evaRajinilicious

justprati

Goldie

justprati

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 12:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shamil

Good to see that my post in another topic gave u enough inspiration to make a new topicLOL
By the way i never said any girl who can ' jst 'act, i said any girl who can act; there is a lot of difference between the two sentence.
When the show was announced it was  KK fans who were making a hue n cry over the selection of MB as the lead of KTLK. My comment was just a retort to those people.
By the way I too am impressed by KK in the promos. There is a grace in her that pulls one towards her. Looking forward to see both MB & KK sizzle in their respective rolesSmile
heheLOL...well, when i was writing this post d lines jst came in ma mind... perhaps bcoz yesterday we discussed abt it so much... bt when i read this post later i realized ki 'kahi tumhe ye nalage ki it was meant for u'...so well, i was expecting this comment from u Wink n yes in a way,d line was inspired from urs... only d line huh!!! bt not d topic...n it wasnt meant for u dear ...n sry if it kind of disturbed u...
there r loads of other who hav doubts on MB or kritz or their jodi so jst an attempt to clear their doubts...n since i never made a post regarding d cast n show so i wanted to give it a go...thats all

btw, d only thing i disagree is ur statement '"When the show was announced it was  KK fans who were making a hue n cry over the selection of MB as the lead of KTLK..." u address those who opposed d selection of MB as 'KK fans'...bt, people who were making a hue or cry over d selection of MB were not 'KK fans'... there were lots of other people n a few 'KK fans' so it was their personal opinion on d selection...not the opinion of 'KK fans' as a whole...n it makes a huge difference here...
KK fans always respect d decisions of their stars n support them in every steps...n m sure those all who had any doubts r also happie watching d promos n excited for d show...

Edited by justprati - 29 September 2011 at 12:18am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AhlaweyaKaranKittu4eva-SweetGirl-shamilRajinilicious

shamil

IF-Sizzlerz

shamil

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 12:25am | IP Logged
I would love to be ur inspirational  source in coming  future tooLOL
Yes, there were others who didnt like MB opposite KK but most of them where kritika-karan fans. If u have doubts just check the telebuzz article which announced the showWink . It was only after they realised the story was an adoption of DK and watched the promos they changed their opinion.LOL
Anyways dont think I am upset by ur post.
 Its really goodThumbs Up

justpratiKaranKittu4evaRajinilicious

KaranKittu4eva

Goldie

KaranKittu4eva

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Beautiful post Prati just hv no words after everything u hv said u hv said it all n i completely agree with everything. We should all appreciate the leads respectfully n cannot judge their abilities yet since the show hasn't even started n this is a show everyone needs to watch with an fresh open mind n just enjoy it's simplicity. 4 days to go peeps ;)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

justpratiRajinilicious

justprati

Goldie

justprati

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shamil

I would love to be ur inspirational  source in coming  future tooLOL
Yes, there were others who didnt like MB opposite KK but most of them where kritika-karan fans. If u have doubts just check the telebuzz article which announced the showWink . It was only after they realised the story was an adoption of DK and watched the promos they changed their opinion.LOL
Anyways dont think I am upset by ur post.
 Its really goodThumbs Up
tq tq...my pleasure...SmileBig smile
Big smileWinksure jab v tum koi jhasu line likhogi i will deffo make it my source of inspirationLOL
arre...dnt take dat TB article as a source...kya hai ki tab saare fans including me kmh-2 k end hone ki gam mein aasu baharahe the Cry...n truly speaking most of KK fans wanted to see KK n KK together n they still do...though we all knoe they cant b together in every show...bt ya fans were devastated at dat time so tab agar MB ki jaga KSG v hota toh v woh thoribahoot oppose toh krte hi...
it wasnt d opposition against MB it was opposition against d co-star being someone other than KK
bt still there were many fans who supported KTLK n d cast from d begining too...as u hav read d tv article u must hav noticed it as well so, it was the personal opinion of d people not fans as a whole...
aweee...tumne mujhe KK n KK ki jodi ki yaad diladi...Day Dreaming  m off to watch their pics now

KaranKittu4evashamilRajinilicious

justprati

Goldie

justprati

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KaranKittu4eva

Beautiful post Prati just hv no words after everything u hv said u hv said it all n i completely agree with everything. We should all appreciate the leads respectfully n cannot judge their abilities yet since the show hasn't even started n this is a show everyone needs to watch with an fresh open mind n just enjoy it's simplicity. 4 days to go peeps ;)

so sweet...thnx dear...
yep for people like us who r always in seek of watching something different n bored of watching pakau saas bahu saga KTLK seems to b a breathe of fresh air wid a unique plot n amazing cast...
d show has got all d elements needed to give a nice n hit show...now lets see how they handle those elements...
lets enjoy d show n its simplicity...n hopefully we all r gonna like itSmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KaranKittu4evaRajinilicious

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.