Debate Mansion

Same Sex Public Schools??

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

prakriti

IF-Dazzler

prakriti

Posted: 23 January 2006 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Today in class, my freind Dylan brought up a good topic that his parents were arguning about during dinner. Should public schools be same sex or not? Plus, will this affect the education? Plz give your views on this topic.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Same Sex Public Schools??" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 23 January 2006 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
I personally am not fond of same sex schools and advocate co-ed schools .
In my opinion , if opposites aren't allowed to mingle freely , it leads to more curiousity , exploration and repressed feelings by kids. They will view the opposite sex as something taboo that needs to be explored .

If girls and boys are allowed to mix , then they grow confident in each others company . Learn to treat each other as friends rather than somebody they need to explore.

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 23 January 2006 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Clap well said aparna di..i agree. keeping away frm the opposite sex will make us less comfortable arnd thm and u cant b separa8ed 4eva...wen u wrk it will b mixed and u wont b confident in frnt of the other sex. also, u r curious abt wat u dunno abt..if u dun communicate with and get 2 know ppl frm the opposite sex they will alwaiiz b a mystery 4 ya and u will b more curious 2 find out abt thm

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 23 January 2006 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
I agree with what Apana said, for healthy social development of children it is important that they interact with members of both sexes.

Shezaadi

Goldie

Shezaadi

Posted: 23 January 2006 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Well I go to an all girls school, and we're not really uncomfortable around guys. Like even in our school activities the guys schools are involved. The reason why girls in my school prefer having all girls is because in class it's easier to focus and I've noticed that the people in our classes are more open with each other, and we can all talk freely.

It's not like we're totally unaware of the opposite sex LOL LOL

But yeah there are times where girls in my school would like to be in a co-ed school, but overall I think I personally am pretty happy in my school.

Edited by Shezaadi - 23 January 2006 at 4:11pm

mist

Groupbie

mist

Posted: 23 January 2006 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Strictly responding to the topic, if we are talkign only of public schools then yes - they should be Co-ed. Because the nature of administration and education in public schools encourages interaction and is very urban in approach.

But if we were to extrapolate the same idea to colleges and schools in non metros, then.. NO.
What is the point of having a co-ed when you have two rows for girls and two rows for boys. One section of the parking lot for the girls one for the boys. Such an environment is lethal and will always bring about unhealthy interactions. Girls acting smug at guys huddled in groups passing lewd comments.
I agree with Vishesh here also about the rowdy element.
Such an environment not only induces affected behaviour but also does not offer equal opportunities to girls. Especially colleges where boys outnumber girls. Its so cruelly easy for a group of guys to pull down a girl who is outgoing and smart. As a result, girls as a group tend to be less active than guys. Put the same girls in a women's instituation and you will see the changes!
Big smile

prakriti

IF-Dazzler

prakriti

Posted: 24 January 2006 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
thanx so much for ur views u guyz!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top