College & University

||Homework Help||Kindergarten-University. (Page 84)

Post Reply New Post

Page 84 of 93

Miggi

Groupbie

Miggi

Posted: 29 March 2012 at 7:05am | IP Logged
hey akhl thanks... would u please help me in manometer question on page 82 as well?i dont know how to do it at all.

Edited by Miggi - 29 March 2012 at 7:08am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "||Homework Help||Kindergarten-University. (Page 84)" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.SilentPrincess

IF-Rockerz

.SilentPrincess

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 29 March 2012 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Need urgent hlep:

You want to improve yourself in the high jump. In the training session should focus on both technique and agility training. Create a work plan for a 90 minute workout. write quite detailed on how to proceed in training.

Help anyone.. I'm clueless what to write and plan a working session for 90 min. Also keeping technique and agility in mind.

Siddhi_

IF-Sizzlerz

Siddhi_

Posted: 29 March 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Biology Help.

Right, I have to hand this homework in by Monday and I have not even started it because Im so confused and my Biology teacher is of no use because shes terrible at explaining and teaching :(

We had to do different activities over the same distance like walking, jogging, running etc. and record the time it took to cover that distance. Then we worked out the speed we were travelling for each activity and create a graph which I did:

Now we have these questions to answer based on this graph and Im confused:

1. Describe any patterns you can see in your results.
2. Are there any unexpected results?
3. Suggest reasons why there might be differences in the patterns shown.
4. How could you get better results?
5.Write a conclusion. Explain your conclusion using scientific knowledge about the effect of exercise on the body to explain the patterns in the calculated and measured. Your explanation should include why the two sets of data may be different.

6. The time a person takes to recover after exercise is often used as a measure of fitness. A program of activities involving measuring the time for recovery is one of the methods used by the army to judge the fitness of new recruits.
Plan an experiment that you could carry out with your class to measure their fitness.

I'd just like bullet points for each question guiding me as to what I could write. Anyone who could help me, this would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-DONE.

Edited by siddhi209 - 06 April 2012 at 11:22am

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 30 March 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged
@siddhi209
1. The graphs for both the measured and the calculated pulse rates show that the purlse rate increases with speed.

6. Make sure the new recruits are relaxed and record their pulse rates.
Let all of them do an exercise.
Soon after the exercise, measure their pulse rates at regular interval, such as 30 seconds.
The time taken for the pulse rate to fall to the pulse rate when relaxed is the measure of fitness.

For others I need to know theory. So can you refer me to any web pages, which contain theory being taught in your class?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Siddhi_

Siddhi_

IF-Sizzlerz

Siddhi_

Posted: 30 March 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by akhl

@siddhi209
1. The graphs for both the measured and the calculated pulse rates show that the purlse rate increases with speed.

6. Make sure the new recruits are relaxed and record their pulse rates.
Let all of them do an exercise.
Soon after the exercise, measure their pulse rates at regular interval, such as 30 seconds.
The time taken for the pulse rate to fall to the pulse rate when relaxed is the measure of fitness.

For others I need to know theory. So can you refer me to any web pages, which contain theory being taught in your class?

Thanks so much for the help with questions 1 and 6 :) I dont really know about any web pages that can link to the theory we have been doing. But here are two pages from our text book - all the theory we have been doing is based on and around this:

If you can help using the above scans then please do and if not, no worries. Thanks.

-DONE.

Edited by siddhi209 - 06 April 2012 at 11:23am

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 30 March 2012 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
@Miggi,
For the manometer problem, there must be a diagram. Can you give me the link to the diagram? You have given only the initial values but not the final values after the gas is heated. May be the diagram will show the final values.

Miggi

Groupbie

Miggi

Posted: 01 April 2012 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
hey akhl i figured out the answer thank u so much for your help :)

Miggi

Groupbie

Miggi

Posted: 01 April 2012 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
if we observe 400 and 2000 base pair sequence in a sample of DNA which is tested for Alu element what does that mean?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top