Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

kiranb06

kiranb06

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
I just started watching this show about a month ago. One thing that struck me was that this show reminds me of the characters in Pride & Prejudice. Arnav is Mr. Darcy - arrogant, obnoxious, judgemental, an introvert, a rich snob, but good by heart though most people don't see it. Khushi is Elizabeth Bennett - a middle class gal who's vivacious, outspoken, genuine, generous by nature, an extrovert. 

Their chemistry and sparks are a replica of Mr. Darcy's and Elizabeths - from hate, to attraction, and possibly to love, though Arnav is fighting it just like Darcy due to her status (her aukat and haisiyat), and Khushi, like Lizzy, is fighting it due to his snobbiness and arrogance, but is now realizing that he may have some depth to his personality .

Even the secondary characters are similar - Payal is like Jane, Aakash is like Bingley - very nice, genuine, good people. Aakash's mom reminds me of Bingleys sister who wants him to marry a girl of status. Shyam reminds me of Wickham - the latter connivingly seduced Darcy's sister, while Shyam connivingly blinded Anjali in his love.

I've always loved pride & prejudice, and thats probably why I like this show a lot.

Edited by kiranb06 - 28 September 2011 at 5:14pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

bash8DefLeppardfarhacassimkashevsabiha alisweetvidishadeadly-kissktjapeachesandcreammaisoonsun2011kitty25sunena2293Infofan-RushTrip-Kamalika..pinky_blueskies

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Show is like Pride & Prejudice" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sun2011

Goldie

sun2011

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Thanks Kiran for your post - yes because of resemblances with P&P's Elizabeth and Darcy - I am hooked for the first time in my life:)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sabiha alikitty25Kamalika..

nikkiapril

Groupbie

nikkiapril

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
yes it was mentioned somewhere before the series began that it is on similar lines and many people on the forum have actually written about it. i suppose thats the reason why so many people are hooked on to it

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sabiha alideadly-kissKamalika..

sunena2293

Goldie

sunena2293

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Pride & Prejudice is a much loved classic and so I love the analogy the show has with the book!
I didn't realize this before but you are right...they are very similar.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kamalika..

areeba_blossom

IF-Rockerz

areeba_blossom

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
exactly Kiran dii!! the story has an outline of Pride and Prejudice!! its one of my absolute favourite classic after Wuthering hights!! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nikkiapril

Saranghae

IF-Addictz

Saranghae

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
really?? vent watch pride n prejustice so no idea abt it!

kitty25

Goldie

kitty25

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sun2011

Thanks Kiran for your post - yes because of resemblances with P&P's Elizabeth and Darcy - I am hooked for the first time in my life:)
for the same reason i watch this show SUN... BBC tv serial p&p ..the best one

sandysinghal

sandysinghal

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 3:19am | IP Logged
LOL! u ppl r amazing! i never read it... bit i think i'll hve 2!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.