Page 1 of 1

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

Nithya banned from Mollywood
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, September 28, 2011]

source: Indiaglitz

In an very disgusting turn of events, young star Nithya Menon has now been banned from Mollywood. The Kerala Film Producer Association has decided not to cast her in any of the future projects, citing her to have an arrogant nature.

The events that happened at the shooting location of 'Thatsamayam oru Penkutty' directed by T K Rajeev kumar goes like this. Senior producers of Mollywood G Sureshkumar, leading producer Anto Joseph and Sabu Cheriyan, the new chairman of KSFDC were her visitors in the sets, while the actress was taking rest in a nearby house. The producer group were trying to conform her call sheets for an upcoming film of Anto Joseph. She failed to turn up to the senior men of Mollywood and sent a message to discuss the details with her manager. This seems to have irked the producer group and made them lodge complaint in the producers council. The KFPA which has decided not to cast her on any future projects and has also referred the complaint to the South Indian film Chamber to ban her from other South Indian languages also.

Nithya Menon, meanwhile made it clear she was not trying to insult any of the producers and it is all because of their petty 'egos' that she is going to face such a ban. Sources close to the actress also refers that she was suffering from little physical discomforts and was taking rest in the cottage when the incident happened.

Nithya Menon who debuted into films through Mohanlal film 'Akasha Gopuram' later  acted in Vellathooval, Apoorvaragam, Violin and Urumi in Malayalam. Now she is one of the busiest actress in Tamil & Telugu and was recently awarded the Best Actress from AP Government for her performance in Telugu film 'Ala modalaindi'. She is also one of the most popular actress among the younger lot with lakhs of fans in Kerala.

Nithya had also been in news in Telugu industry recently for making the statements like 'Who is Prabhas?' and stating that she would not act with old heroes like Nagarjuna,and Venkatesh. She was also replaced in a Telugu film with Shruthi Haasan reported to be due to for one such remark.

Banning heroines for similar reasons had been a recent trend in the south, the latest being the case of Nikhita in Kannada. But there it was the women's associations and artist organisations who came up against the treatment rendered to the actress and within days the ban was revoked.

And in the case of Nithya Menon, it needs to be seen whether the women's association's of Kerala and the artist association AMMA, which is a rather stronger one, will come up in support of the talented actress.

Edited by MP_Radha - 28 September 2011 at 1:22pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanacuty2sweetyalaipayutheysahi.SweetyGreenavivakirk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nithya Menon banned from Mollywood" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Looks like ego clash between both sidesSleepy.  Arrogance behavior will not lead anyone anywhere and if she indeed were suffering from physical discomforts, she should have canceled the meeting ahead of time.) And the producers on their part acted harshly too, could have handled it differently instead of getting her bannedConfused 

Edited by Aahaana - 28 September 2011 at 3:34pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sahi.

melonie

IF-Rockerz

melonie

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
1. Everyone in the film industry have a HUGE ego.
2. Nithya Menon's act of being starightforward comes out as being too rude. You can always to your thoughts across in a decent way.
3. I am not very suprised from this article. If she is not careful she can soon become the South Indian version of Ameesha Patel.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sahi.

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 5:44pm | IP Logged

I have seen a number of interviews of Nitya Menon.  Her interviews along with Ala Modalaindi Team were very fun-filled and I could not see the 'straight forward'side of her.  She seemed rather quiet.

However, during the 180 interview, she gave very straight forward answers which may have raised some eyebrows for sure!  I myself was bewildered with some of the responses.  Most actors try to be diplomatic but sometimes, when someone decides to express things openly, they often come across as too over confident and too full of themselves.  It just leads to unnecessary issues. This holds true for all of us, but I guess popular stars should watch what they say.

Nithya is a very talented actor and a singer, and I wouldn't want her career to be spoilt due to such controversies! With regards, the producers, I think they over-reacted in this incidence!  They could have tried to sort it out.  Anyways, am sure time will sort things out. 

The latest I hear is nithya has approached AMMA and soon it would be sorted out I guess

melonie

IF-Rockerz

melonie

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MP_Radha

I have seen a number of interviews of Nitya Menon.  Her interviews along with Ala Modalaindi Team were very fun-filled and I could not see the 'straight forward'side of her.  She seemed rather quiet.

However, during the 180 interview, she gave very straight forward answers which may have raised some eyebrows for sure!  I myself was bewildered with some of the responses.  Most actors try to be diplomatic but sometimes, when someone decides to express things openly, they often come across as too over confident and too full of themselves.  It just leads to unnecessary issues. This holds true for all of us, but I guess popular stars should watch what they say.

Nithya is a very talented actor and a singer, and I wouldn't want her career to be spoilt due to such controversies! With regards, the producers, I think they over-reacted in this incidence!  They could have tried to sort it out.  Anyways, am sure time will sort things out. 

The latest I hear is nithya has approached AMMA and soon it would be sorted out I guess
Radha I have seen some of her interviews in Malayalam and she came across as a I don't give a damn attitude girl. She is something like the actor Prithviraj. I have seen people like actors who act humble even though they may not really be humble LOL
But I would agree the producers trying to end her career and all is taking things to the extreme.

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by melonie

Radha I have seen some of her interviews in Malayalam and she came across as a I don't give a damn attitude girl. She is something like the actor Prithviraj. I have seen people like actors who act humble even though they may not really be humble LOL
But I would agree the producers trying to end her career and all is taking things to the extreme.

Very True, Mel.  Often times we see people who try to be diplomatic LOL...though it may not be their real opinion... 

but I personally wouldn't want a talented actress like Nithya's career to be affected by such incidences!  When we mostly see heroines not given as key a role as their male counterparts in movies, Nithya beleives in doing intense - performance oriented roles (according to her interview), which must be applauded I guess Embarrassed

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 8:01am | IP Logged

Well I hope they get this sorted out.

Like Radha said, Nithya is very talented and it would be such a shame if it gets wasted.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.