Posted: 01 March 2005 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Much ado about 'the kiss'
   By: The hitList Team
   March 1, 2005

Much ado about "the kiss"

The hitList Team
Uncomfortable:
Ashmit Patel and Meera in Nazar
Ashmit Patel was a part of Murder, even though he wasn't getting any on-screen action from Mallika Sherawat. His kiss in Soni Razdan's Nazar, however, is more than making up for that.

The young actor is absolutely thrilled about the controversy that his kiss with Pakistani actress Meera has created. He says, "It's a peck on the cheek. So what's all the commotion about? It's not even a proper kiss!"

Hmmm. Ashmit obviously hasn't learned the tricks of the trade from his Murder co-star.

Controversies makes news sweetie, and even bad publicity is good. But the seedha-saadha Patel boy maintains, "This was my first on-screen kiss and I wasn't very comfortable doing it."

The first time is always awkward, Ash. We bet the next time will be better! 

Salman ko shaadi se darr kyun lagta hai?

Salman Khan
Maine Pyaar Kiya is probably the closest film to Salman Khan's heart, considering it was his first big hit. No wonder, two decades later, the actor still hopes a similar sounding title will work some of it's earlier magic for him.

The title of his next home production is Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya and will be directed by David Dhawan, starring Sushmita Sen and Katrina Kaif. 

Earlier, the film was to be titled Sorry, Main Shaadi Shuda Hoon. But knowing Sallu's aversion to anything connected to shaadis, especially in a film that stars his current girlfriend, the title was duly dropped. He doesn't want to give Kaif any ideas now, does he?

Sangeeta, Somy and Aishwarya can vouch for that, we bet.   

Anil sleeps his way through charity gala

Quick, someone call a dentist: Anil Kapoor
This picture cracked us up.

You will agree that Anil Kapoor is looking anything but alert at the prize distribution of Alert India — The Association for Leprosy Education Rehabilitation and Treatment of India, held at Birla Matoshree.

Very bad, Anil. No prizes (read awards) for you this year.

Oops, we almost forgot you weren't nominated.

Come to think of it, that's what your film Musafir did to the audiences as well. Yaaaaaaawn. 

Konkana in a double dhamaka

Konkana Sen Sharma
If you are anything like us, you probably want more of Konkana Sen Sharma. After Page 3, the talented girl will be seen in a double role in Manu Rewal's debut film Chai, Pani, Etc., releasing on March 11.

Konkana Sen plays the two girl friends of Satya (Zafar Karachiwala). The film is a comedy and depicts the universal conflict between personal integrity and a corrupt system.

Every Indian who has sought permits, sanctions or approvals for services rendered will identify with the dilemma of NRI Satya. Ironically, the Censor Board objected to certain scenes in the film.

Nope, not the scenes depicting government officials demanding bribes — but Konkana smoking. The reasoning being that Indian girls don't smoke. Yeah, and elephants fly.

Oscars' India connection

OSCAR HOPES DASHED:
Ashwin Kumar
So now you know that Aishwarya finally couldn't make it to the Academy Awards podium. But a more genuine Indian shot at this year's Oscars missed out too.

Ashvin Kumar's Oscar-nominated Little Terrorist lost out in the race for the Best Short Film Oscar to Brit Andrea Arnold's film Wasp. But those desperately looking for an Indian connection at the Chris Rock-hosted gala event may not lose heart.

The children of sex-workers in Kolkata's red light district were celebrated with an Oscar for a movie they helped make — Born Into Brothels. The movie, written and directed by Zana Briski and Ross Kauffman, landed the Best Documentary Feature Oscar.

The children were given cameras so they could learn photography and possibly improve their lives. Much of their work was used in the award-winning movie. But an Oscar nomination is a big deal too, Ashvin, so don't lose heart. Better luck next time.

Manish Malhotra: One man show

Manish Malhotra
Manish Malhotra has bought a swanky new place at Pali Hill. But before you jump to conclusions that the designer finally gave in to the temptation of having his own store, he clarifies, "I am making an office there."

Why not a store? "My label is available at so many outlets. I don't feel the need to have my own store. I retails at Kimaya, Ensemble and Shlok. I already sell in Singapore and from this year, I will be selling clothes in New York as well."

Besides, which other designer can boast of having his own style show and working on his film with a big star cast? Manish says, "I enjoy doing varied things.

The strange thing is that a lot of people think that I am not designing anymore and that's silly. Whatever else I may do, I will never stop designing."

Ok Urmila, Kareena and gang, you can now exhale!

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 4:09am | IP Logged
The reasoning being that Indian girls don't smoke.

LOL

I'm an Indian girl, I used to smoke walking down Brigade Road in Bangalore, and I will gladly do so again for any Censor Board official who asks me to!!!!!!

I think Sallu is SO sadConfused.. 40 going on 50 and still in love with his playboy image, with no inkling what a blessing it can be to be married to the right woman... he makes running away from love, commitment and companionshipseem glamorous Confused
Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
Thx 4 sharring.
Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:54pm | IP Logged

thanks for sharing, i think if salman doesn't wanna get married then he shouldn't i don't think people should make a big deal about it even though marriage is a big part of indian culture and is considered very important

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top