Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Meera planning to live on in India?

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Following criticism at home over steamy scenes in her upcoming film "Nazar", Pakistani film star Meera has decided to live on in India where she is now based, Online news agency reports.

Meera has come in for strong criticism from the Pakistani establishment and politicians for her role in the movie produced by Mahesh Bhatt.

The actress has said she had received threats to her life from certain groups. Online said she had rented a home in Mumbai and bought a car to extend her stay in India.

Meera has also drawn up plans to work in other Indian movies, it said.

She was given Rs.10 million by a friend in the US and she has reportedly used the amount for the car and home.

Meera is sometimes referred to as the "Queen of Lollywood", as Pakistan's Lahore-based film industry is known.

Since a thaw in relations between Pakistan and India, she is one of several Pakistani stars who have accepted work in Bollywood.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Singh23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

thanks for the info. thats sad that Meera has chosen to live in India b/c of a kissing scene in her bollywood movie, I mean if shes called the Queen of Lollywood that means shes as popular in pakistan as ashwariya rai is a popular in india.

p.s. we need to stop with renaming of film industries i think the name bollywood is stupid it was just becuase the movies are being made in Bombay, now Bombay in Mumbai should we start saying Mollywood, Lahore film indusry in Lollywood, its getting out of hand

Ibad thumbnail
Well I think she is doing wrong...coz bollywood will not accept  her...As lollywood has give her so fame and she is bewafa to them so she can be bewafa to bolly.
WHy she did such scene is her frist bolly movie....is it a very gr8 honour to work in booly movies that she has accepted this role....