India-Forums

Avantika the love interest for Adi

OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 2:38pm | IP Logged

By Vickey Lalwani

This is how Soniya Kapoor describes her character of Avantika Frank in Zee TV's Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa.

Tell us about your character in Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa.
I play a woman who is in her late 30s, divorced.  She meets Adi (Mihir) at a resort and he falls in love with her. I play a woman much older to him and in a drunken stupor we tie the nuptial knot.

Your track is a virtual take-off from Mihir Mishra's real life. It is a well known fact that Mihir proposed to Manini this way. They went out for a party, got drunk and he proposed.
Yeah, I know. Initially, the makers of KHKN didn't tell me about it. But mid-way through the narration, I stopped them and asked. I had read about Mihir and Manini's marriage in the papers. So I figured that out. Also Manini is a friend. It's quite interesting actually.

Are you going to try and copy Manini's mannerisms?
No way. I am an individual in my own right.

Its' also being said that your character resembles that of Sushmita Sen in Main Hoon Na?
I've got a look that is like Sushmita Sen's from Main Hoon Na sans the saree. Even the body language is similar. I'm in business suits, long chiffon dresses with long scarves. I'm very glamourous, though subtle. And guess what? I've a special music for my scenes, much like, again, Sush in Main Hoon Na.

KHKN is supposed to be a desi version of Sex and the City. Did you watch the serial before you signed up for it?
Not really. We television actors barely get the time to watch serials. I had seen just a few episodes of KHKN in the beginning.

You are also doing Remix on StarOne. Tell us something about that.
In Remix, I play a Bollywood actress and a mother of a teenager. The role seems to be a combination of the lives of Sushmita Sen and Dimple Kapadia I guess. The character (Soniya Ray) is full of life. She goes to discotheques  with her daughter and solves all her problems! It's an eye-opener to those parents who experience a generation gap with their children, which can be detrimental for the growth and evolution of the kids.

About KHKN again — How long do you think your role is going to evolve in the serial?
It's a lead role, very meaty, very much an on-going thing.

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 04 March 2005 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
tnx for posting the article!
Nisha82 Senior Member
Nisha82
Nisha82

Posted: 06 March 2005 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
thanx for the info...
Nisha82 Senior Member
Nisha82
Nisha82

Posted: 06 March 2005 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
So...sam is not coming back?????? Cry i want sam and adi to be together..i guess thts not happen... Cry Cry Cry
OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Nope I think sending her off to Australia was to give an exit to her role.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

"I was offered the role of Shabd in Maayka"-Ajay Krish. "I was offered the role of Shabd in Maayka"-Ajay Krish.  36

The actor reveals to us how it's been like to play old in Mamta, and ...

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index