Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Women getting slapped on T.V & films !?!

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 January 2006 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Hey Debators have you noticed its very common for a woman to be slapped by her husband , boyfreind , brothers , fathers and ofcourse from other women too in hindi serials and movies .

Woman lies ........................SLAP , Woman disobeys...........SLAP , suspect the woman may be cheating...........SLAP , Women acts stubborn .............SLAP etec , etc .................These are some of the reasons Indian serials and Movies justify slapping the woman .

Do you think movies over do the Slap ???? Isn't this abuse ?????????? Doesn't this make Indian men feel women need to be slapped and put in their place as when required . I am not saying Indian men in Serials/ Movie do not get slapped by their spouses . But don't you think women get slapped lot more easily than a man gets slapped??????????????? !!!!!!

Isn't this a way of justifying that its allright to occasionaly hit a woman ??AngryAngryAngry

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 21 January 2006 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
lol ive seen it the other way arnd @ times
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 January 2006 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vishesh

Originally posted by Aparna

Isn't this a way of justifying that its allright to occasionaly hit a woman ??

Aparna ! whom r u criticising Smile
the Actors, who slap !

whereas Mostly such serials are by Ekta Kapoor, and Actresses get agree to do this, and the majority of audience who popularize these serials is female !

Ya but those actresses and actors and Directors are members of our society .So i am blaming the society who accepts it.Tongue
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 21 January 2006 at 10:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Woman lies ........................SLAP , Woman disobeys...........SLAP , suspect the woman may be cheating...........SLAP , Women acts stubborn .............SLAP etec , etc .................These are some of the reasons Indian serials and Movies justify slapping the woman .

Do you think movies over do the Slap ???? Isn't this abuse ??????????
AngryAngryAngry

Now a days Tv or film only you can see the slaping and other things but all knows 90% of womens control over man soo its not a big issueEmbarrassed at least let them enjoy in tv or film yaar Big smileWink

Shezaadi Goldie
Shezaadi
Shezaadi

Posted: 22 January 2006 at 9:25am | IP Logged
LOLI think the women get slapped more than the men, cuz when you see the man do something wrong the woman usually runs away crying or something and then later can't handle it and she slaps him, whereas the man slaps the woman the minute he finds out she did something wrong.

I'm so used to watching these slaps and all that, when I was watching this english show, the woman slapped her husband and then she kept apologizing LOL I found it so weird, cuz in dramas they just slap and leave and here the husband did something so wrong and She's apologizing.

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 22 January 2006 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shezaadi

LOLI think the women get slapped more than the men, cuz when you see the man do something wrong the woman usually runs away crying or something and then later can't handle it and she slaps him, whereas the man slaps the woman the minute he finds out she did something wrong.

I'm so used to watching these slaps and all that, when I was watching this english show, the woman slapped her husband and then she kept apologizing LOL I found it so weird, cuz in dramas they just slap and leave and here the husband did something so wrong and She's apologizing.

Exactly , i was inspired by Hare Kanck ki choodiyan where the man is doing something wrong .........sleeping in his ex- wife's house . The guy deserved the slap ......but all this woman did was whine and cry . But the man slapped her because he didn't like her behaviour towards his mother.
Irony was that the man's action deserved a slap more than wifes action . And i see this is so common !!AngryAngry
mkzara Goldie
mkzara
mkzara

Posted: 22 January 2006 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
i feel that women r slapped around way too much in these shows. its true the media is teaching u its ok to slap ur women if they r wrong because they deserved it and it is never ok to slap ur women. the way i see it is that we r a male dominated society and even now the supposedly modern and independent woman still hasn't broken out of the conservative thought and personality so the female audience in some way doesn't mind this abuse of women because they dont feel that its a big deal. i swear in american shows teh men dont slap their women and the women slap them all the time and i feel thats due to the fact that i guess more women here will scream bloody murder if they show such blatant and usual abuse of women. i am totally against this slapping of women on tv and in ekta serials the rape after which the woman always forgives the man so totally against it.
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 22 January 2006 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

but all knows 90% of womens control over man soo its not a big issueEmbarrassed at least let them enjoy in tv or film yaar Big smileWink

Vinu how do you make such werd statements and come up with figures like 90% of women control men and all knows about it . India is highly male dominated society and "all knows TV and Movie often show sexist stuff.

And you said let them "enjoy in tv or film" ????????Thumbs Down.....................so is seeing a woman being slapped enjoyment for you ???????????? Thumbs DownStern SmileOMG another famous sexixt response that will go down in DM history.

Go to top